UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Sprinting and Hillclimbing an S2000

Old 10-14-2016, 04:18 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim S
Originally Posted by E4RTH WORM JIM' timestamp='1476292724' post='24082500
Can FI S2000's enter? And if so what class would they fall into?
Yes.

I'm in Standard Production > 2 litre in the South East. FI = 1.4 x displacement at the moment therefore 2.8 litre. Next year it will be 1.7 x displacement therefore 3.4 litre, but no real difference to classification.

However...

Standard Production is a silhouette formula, which means no BGWs, no wheelarch extensions, and no non-standard front bumpers. It also means no rose jointed suspension and no stripped interiors.

In practical terms you'd fall into Standard Production and hope no arsehole makes a big thing of your front bumper. This end of the country it's generally OK, as in a bumper is clearly not performance enhancing so why protest? But you do get the odd twat. The best thing to do I find is to find something on their car which transgresses the rules (and there will be something) and let them know you've seen it. Heh heh. Had one all year down here who didn't like my vented bonnet. I'm 5s a lap faster than him everywhere so not exactly competing, but spotted something on his car early in the season I can use to shut him up. Silly but that's how it has to work with some people.
Just to add your BGW would put you into Mod Prod. Down here that's ex-race car territory - up your way it may not be. In Mod Prod you can do almost anything you want to the car - drill holes in it, big arches, etc. Which might be good or bad.

Have you thought about Time Attack? I'm planning on doing it next year...
Old 04-08-2017, 01:34 PM

Received 56 Likes on 41 Posts

Not a bad collection from our first year of competing with Mike taking the biggest haul by far. Well done mate was a great year with plenty of good times on the way,

Old 04-09-2017, 05:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well done.
Old 04-09-2017, 06:08 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Big thanks to Ray. Wouldn't of had the cars ready for racing without his time and help. A massive thank you to bud, you have a hand on everyone of those trophies. Thanks to Ray, Ricardo and Lee for fun times and making it a memorable year.
Old 04-09-2017, 06:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It a great first year thank you Ray for all the help getting the cars Ready. Like Mike says all them trophys bellong to you as your knowledgeable hand was in all our cars.
It was a great season and we all racing against each other I see it more as part of a team. Thank you
Old 04-09-2017, 11:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Totally agree not a bad haul for four 'Novices' in so called hairdressers cars!
These machines proved themselves more than capable of taking scalps from all sorts of 'superior' motors, and then driven home not trailered like some!

I'm proud to have been part of the season with Rays incredible launches, Ric's natural crazy talent, and Mikes awesome lap record pace

As above these cars were all set up by Daytona Daves expert hands, wouldn't have been doing it without his help