Alabama S2000 Owners Club Areas including Huntsville, Birmingham, Florence, Decatur, Anniston, and Tuscaloosa

$hit - somebody hit my car

Old 05-25-2007, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $hit - somebody hit my car

We ran to Wallyworld on University tonight for a couple of last minute things before going out of town this weekend ... parked way the heck out at the end of their garden center overflow in the parking lot.

We weren't in the store more than 20 mins, but when we came out, there was a ugly smudge of something on the lower rear driver side panel just behind the wheel (and it wasn't there when we walked in). I checked to see if it would rub off with my finger, but the panel wobbled a bunch.

After checking the passenger side for comarison, it appears that the metal bracket underneath has been bent inward 3 or 4+ inches.

Since the po-po won't respond to incidents on private property, I did get the store manager to come out to see it, and she'll have her security guys check to see if a camera was pointed that direction so I'll know whose a$$ to kick.

Chris/Will, that mounting bracket looks pretty solid, so it took more than a little force to bend it that far. Though I don't feel any difference in the ride (I was a little concerned about the rear wheel or axle since the initial impact was only a few inches away) should I look for anything specific in terms of other hidden damage?

If I ever figure out who did this, I'll host the next target practice meet up here ... we'll let them hold the targets. Think that tow truck driver from B'ham would come with his elephant pistol?
Old 05-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Former Moderator

Received 5,250 Likes on 4,492 Posts

dohhhhhhhhh Man that sucks. Accidents happen, but the hit and run stuff... so lame.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:26 PM

yep ... I already had a little ding and a really big ding for the paintless dent guy to look at at SESM ... those were both from some inconsiderate butt-head(s) at my old office. At least those didn't leave damage underneath.

Guess I'll have to install my own security camera in the car to catch bastards like this.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:31 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Countnkick,May 25 2007, 09:26 PM
yep ... I already had a little ding and a really big ding ... those were both from some inconsiderate butt-head(s) at my old office.
I remember reading about those I don't know what is more depressing to see on your car - dents like that or ones you put in yourself. I chipped a nice section 'o paint off my car right aboe the gas cap due to being a little too aggressive at the pump. I also have some chips on my hood already and a chip in my front windshield.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Chuck that blows something awful.

Hopefully WM cameras will pick up something useful - and maybe you can get a hit and run.....

GL on the metal bracket - hope it's just cosmetic and nothing to interfere with
Old 05-25-2007, 06:58 PM

Guess I'll find out Tues morning when I take it over to Norms ... we're headed out early tomorrow morning for a weekend of camping/canoeing/and
Old 05-25-2007, 07:05 PM
Former Moderator

be safe
Old 05-25-2007, 07:18 PM

Thanks ... we'll certainly try to do that.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:20 PM

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts

Sorry to hear about it Chuck.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:21 PM

Sorry to hear that Chuck!! Just goes to show that Wal-Mart is the devil!!

Quick Reply: $hit - somebody hit my car