Alabama S2000 Owners Club Areas including Huntsville, Birmingham, Florence, Decatur, Anniston, and Tuscaloosa

Indy algp2022 s2000 - cancelled

Old 01-17-2022, 03:06 PM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Exclamation Indy algp2022 s2000 - cancelled

Discussion thread for ALGP 2022

Last edited by jeallen; 04-18-2022 at 06:59 PM.
Old 02-22-2022, 12:08 PM
Community Organizer

Received 206 Likes on 163 Posts

Any updates on this Mark?
Old 02-28-2022, 12:03 PM

Now that St Peat is over Indy has a meeting planed with Honda Alabama this upcoming Friday to discuss what they want to for Barber.

For St pet they pulled the drivers around the track in a open trailer for the parade lap.... so that does not bode well for us....

"
Hi Mark,

Planning is rolling along fairly well thus far but we have a few hiccups to surmount in your general direction. Here is what we are up against for you – 1) I have a meeting with Honda next Friday to determine if they are going to be able to provide us with support trucks for the driver parade laps – so hopefully I will have more clarification then. 2) If they can’t provide us with support trucks – will IndyCar even allow drivers to be in a vehicle with another person based on their current Covid restrictions. This is still unknown. Pick-Ups are easier as they can be in the truck bed alone. And 3) We are still operating under parking restrictions on-site. ALL attendees have to park on-site – so we are struggling with lot availability.

I am still in charge of all this programming and will keep you posted as soon as we have more of these details ironed out. I do appreciate you checking back and trust me – if we can use you- we will, but things are not quite back to normal yet."
The following users liked this post:
Bama Dave (02-28-2022)
Old 03-12-2022, 07:33 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Any new updates mark? Sounds like it’s not looking great.
Old 03-16-2022, 12:22 PM

As of wed 3-16 3pm cst no word back on if we are going to be asked to support...... ;/
Old 03-18-2022, 04:18 PM

Received 131 Likes on 95 Posts

Thanks for the updates!
Old 04-01-2022, 12:44 PM

Exclamation

Update as if April1 ( real update NOT NOT April fools)
I am still working on this for everybody to make this happen.

From Ruth ( MY IRL contact)
Hi Mark,

So here is where we are currently. We do not have trucks for pre-race driver intros. HOWEVER, as of right now – we have no more available parking on-site. So we are currently doing a full audit of all parking lots to determine where we stand by Monday. So bear with me – if we have the inventory -we can probably make this happen. But it’s all hinging on that.

Stay tuned!

My response

Ruth

Adding Allen Thacker in the CC line;
He has run the car corral every year and has direct communication with bruno event team/zoom though Will Coleman.

Just got off the phone with him he is going to ask Bruno for a logistic update this weekend.
Allen also stated most likely he will be able to accommodate the group of 30 s2000s however this is not an official determination just his gut feeling right now until he can get more info from Bruno this weekend when he is at the track Porsche DE event.

That official determination would need to come through you

From my experience from being there last year when parking was sold out
.If the car corral or another location does not present itself; there is a potential backup location

Last year the area circled in Green was empty as it was marked off for employees/staff only. however there was minimal cars and personnel there.

If this is a viable option and the car corral or other location does not present itself; We would need to ensure that any staff/security in that area is aware of the S2000 group having permissions to park there on any of the three days .

That backup location would facilitate minimal time on perimeter road and facilitate access to and returning from the track in the same manner that it has been done in years past.

As always feel free to call the cell {} for any logistic experience you need from me;

I feel it is my job to make you worry free when it comes to the S2000 group for allowing us the opportunity to participate in the opening ceremonies.

Old 04-04-2022, 09:12 AM

We should have an official answer this week...
Every year they wait later and later to give us the official word,

Info for the newbies ( Sign up tread also updated with this info)

First come first to get a slot if you are unsure if your car meets the visual and quality requirements below send me a pm with pictures.
Please be honest with me on the condition of your s2k and do not hide anything that you think may be in question. If you show up and make it to race day and I find something that warrents your disqualification you you will not be allowed on track.

You will get a set of 3 day passes for you and a +1 ( F,Sat,Sun)
You will get a parking pass ( only for your s2000) for F,Sat,Sun

For those that do not know the requirements
1) Days of attendance
Friday not required
Saturday not required but are strongly recommend for newbies that do not know the track or how racing venues are run in the background. I take all newbies around on Saturday to familiarize them with how our logistics playout on Sunday. I attempt to do the same on Sunday morning if my meeting schedule and logistics with INDY allow.
Sunday ( early 7:30 8am roll in to be determined) must be able to attend the race on Sunday and be prepared to be on track and on tv this is an absolute hard requirement.
2) cars must be in very good shape for there year of manufacture.
EG no visible rusting, no mismatching paint, tires in good shape, interior in a good as shape as they can be for the given year of manufacture. seat wear is expected but dont expect to be giving the G2G selection if the interior has been neglected. NO LEAKING FLUIDS.... yes have had to disqualify some on Sunday as there was oil leaking form there car!!!
Cars waxed and cleaned up to the best of your ability as if you are going to a car show. This is a huge event and it is a big deal that we present the s2000 and Honda in the best light possible.
3) soft ops must be down for on track activities due to drivers sitting on the glove box between the roll hoops. ( WIND DEFLECTORS MUST BE REMOVED)!!!
CR's your hard tops are safe in the car coral with the car coral team they look out for us and have been great every year in lookout for our team
4) Absolutely NO ROLL CAGES ALLOWED (EG Doorbars or hi door bars hoops THAT IMPEDE THE Indy driver form getting out or in.
5) no +1 on track with you; only you and your car will be allowed on track.
6) Be flexible things are very dynamic and can change multiple times at any time..

This is a very special thing we get to do I do not know of any other INDY event where the organization /track allows fans to participate to this level of interaction with the drivers. The reason we continue to even be considered for this event is
[QUOTE FROM INDY] " When we ask you to do something you just get it done, we dont need to worry about your group. The s2000 group has and continues to impress Mr Barber ,INDY, ZOOM and the Bruno Event team. The S2000 group always follows through with your promises and in the most profession professional manner. This makes our job just a little more worry free. Thanks for what you do. [QUOTE]
Old 04-04-2022, 11:46 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds promising mark!! Thanks for keeping us in the loop and all that you do for this event. By far the best thing I’ve done with my S2000.
MugenRioS2k (04-08-2022)
Old 04-08-2022, 09:08 AM

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Would love for this to happen again. I made a trip of it with my dad last time and we had a great time. Thank you for helping put this together, Mark.

- Oscar
MugenRioS2k (04-08-2022)