Alabama S2000 Owners Club Areas including Huntsville, Birmingham, Florence, Decatur, Anniston, and Tuscaloosa

Slow motion thread

Old 08-16-2016, 10:56 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok, I think I'm following now.

Class - Novice Pax
Pax - D Street Prepared
Old 08-16-2016, 11:37 AM

Alright, I've registered

Class = Novice PAX

PAX = Street Modified (looks like my rear seat and power steering removal puts me in this class)

Number = 3

So, it appears I'm good to put lettering using painters tape on the side panel = NSM3, but, I will bring extra tape in case I have to move classes.

So, assuming Honda can give me a good alignment tomorrow, I will be there Sunday!
Old 08-16-2016, 12:00 PM

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by SlidinS2k
Alright, I've registered

Class = Novice PAX

PAX = Street Modified (looks like my rear seat and power steering removal puts me in this class)

Number = 3

So, it appears I'm good to put lettering using painters tape on the side panel = NSM3, but, I will bring extra tape in case I have to move classes.

So, assuming Honda can give me a good alignment tomorrow, I will be there Sunday!
Glad you sorted it out, I know it can be confusing!
Old 08-16-2016, 12:22 PM

Yeah, it may have well been written in Klingon when I first looked at it. But, I'm starting to understand it a little better and going to continue reading over the next few days!

On another note, it looks like Sunday may actually be a decent day weather wise!
Old 08-16-2016, 06:47 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I hope it's dry for you guys this weekend.
Old 08-17-2016, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, I've registered

Class = Novice PAX

Number = 3

Another option to painters tape is: TAC sells precut magnetic numbers and letters. $1/# and $0.50/letter. They are white, so if you need another color, bring a can of spray paint and some cardboard/newspaper to keep from painting the parking lot.
They look like this:
Old 08-17-2016, 05:30 PM

Thanks for the heads up
Old 08-18-2016, 12:28 PM

I tell ya', I think lack of power steering is gonna be a bear for my weakling arms. Gonna have to eat my wheaties that morning for sure.
Old 08-18-2016, 04:20 PM

Pardon my ignorance, but, there will be someone attending the event from the TAC with the letters/numbers?

I went to Lowe's and bought the yellow painter's tape, but, it's supposed to adhere less than the other types and I'm not sure if it will stay on for the duration.

The green tape may not contrast enough against my blue car. I'm looking through pictures to see what is accpetable, but, the magnetic letters/numbers seem the most logical at this point.
Old 08-18-2016, 05:01 PM

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts

Pardon my ignorance, but, there will be someone attending the event from the TAC with the letters/numbers?

I went to Lowe's and bought the yellow painter's tape, but, it's supposed to adhere less than the other types and I'm not sure if it will stay on for the duration.

The green tape may not contrast enough against my blue car. I'm looking through pictures to see what is accpetable, but, the magnetic letters/numbers seem the most logical at this point.
Lots of folks successfully using painters tape.

I will be at the Huntsville event and (assuming they have them) can pick up NSM3 (2 of each) for you.

Quick Reply: Slow motion thread