Alabama S2000 Owners Club Areas including Huntsville, Birmingham, Florence, Decatur, Anniston, and Tuscaloosa

Slow motion thread

Old 12-14-2016, 04:40 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Be careful "where" you press. Make sure your bushing/arm is flat and you're pressing flat. I've bent the ish out of some stuff on a press.
Old 12-15-2016, 12:29 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, the press isn't super solid and I figured I was going to have to keep a close eye when pressing. It looks like I'll just be doing the Front control arm and Rear trailing arm bushings and maybe a hub and ball joints if possible.
Old 12-15-2016, 12:44 PM

Having a hard time finding part #'s for the front control arm bushings (not compliance) so, I may just do Hardrace bushings there and OEM for the rest. Also, looking to just replace the Upper arms and Compensator in the rear with new OEM arms. I replaced the front UCA and Tie Rod ends with Moog pieces last year and will probably rock those awhile longer.
Old 12-15-2016, 12:47 PM

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by SlidinS2k
Having a hard time finding part #'s for the front control arm bushings (not compliance) so, I may just do Hardrace bushings there and OEM for the rest. Also, looking to just replace the Upper arms and Compensator in the rear with new OEM arms. I replaced the front UCA and Tie Rod ends with Moog pieces last year and will probably rock those awhile longer.
I think you'll find what you need here. Go Tuning Unlimited

Mugen gets good reviews.I've heard mixed reviews on HardRace.
Old 12-15-2016, 02:26 PM

Yeah, but, I've heard somewhere along the way Honda reformulated the compound in the bushings and they are firmer and comparable to Mugen now. Plus, the control arm bushings I'm having trouble finding in OEM form are $56 from Hardrace, $220 from Mugen.
Old 12-16-2016, 09:55 AM

Received 84 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by SlidinS2k
Yeah, but, I've heard somewhere along the way Honda reformulated the compound in the bushings and they are firmer and comparable to Mugen now. Plus, the control arm bushings I'm having trouble finding in OEM form are $56 from Hardrace, $220 from Mugen.
I thought this was a good discussion on compliance bushings: :
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-br...mugen-1124697/
Old 12-17-2016, 10:16 AM

Interesting read. Kind of confirms some of the things I have been thinking about.
Old 12-17-2016, 04:52 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks for the tech guys.
Old 12-18-2016, 10:19 AM
Former Moderator

Received 292 Likes on 271 Posts

2nd try got the right KN air filter.. 1st was misboxed. Now the car is covered in ice.
Old 12-19-2016, 12:57 PM

^ No garage space?

As far as bushings go, seems like spherical are the way to go if you don't have to daily drive it. I don't, but, it's stored a mile down a bumpy dirt road, so that option is out for me at the moment. For longevity, poly is only good for non load bearing areas like, UCA's, compensator arms etc..in load bearing areas the sleeve will donut shape the hole over time. Also, it is a bad idea to put poly or hard rubber in the spots that need the range of motion like the Compliance and Rear trailing arm bushings, because they will bind. (a lot of people like spherical in these spots) Just some tips I've gathered from reading different threads!

On my civic I'm looking at;

OE Compliance bushing
Hardrace front lower control arm bushings (I was just told by Honda parts that the bushings are non-servicable and I have to replace the whole arm )
OE RTAB
OE Compenstaor Arm (until I do alignments myself, then aftermarket adjustable)
OE Rear Upper Arm (until I do alignments myself, then aftermarket adjustable)
F7 Rear Lower Arms with Poly Bushings (the poly looks beefy in these and they didn't have a rubber option. If It doesn't work out, I can upgrade to spherical)

Quick Reply: Slow motion thread