Allegheny S2000 Owners Club Western PA including, Pittsburgh, Erie, Western Maryland, Northern West Virginia, and Eastern Ohio

2018 Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix (July 14-15, 2018)

Old 06-11-2018, 12:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool 2018 Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix (July 14-15, 2018)

OFFICIAL S2KI@PVGP INFORMATION

Here we go again... PITTSBURGH VINTAGE GRAND PRIX! Fifth anniversary! Here are the details. I'll update this post if anything changes.

Registration

Registration is now open for the event. The cost is $35.00 per car (plus a $2.50 credit card processing fee). Read below first, then click here: Register!

IMPORTANT: After you register, please post here so that I can add you to the attendee list. There is no Car Club Affiliation field like in previous years, so the attendee list is how I'll get a count for the organizers to block off space for us. You'll get an email confirmation, but nothing will be sent to you in the mail and you don't need to bring any paperwork to the event (despite what the registration site says). They'll have your information at the gate when you arrive.

The organizers have asked that we all register by July 5th (I know the site says July 12th, but we're special) so they have time to map out the different club areas. I'll post a reminder a couple of days before then. Just to be clear, there are no refunds and the event is rain or shine. Also, if you absolutely can't preregister, you can pay at the gate on Saturday ($40 instead of $35). However, there's a possibility that there won't be enough room for you to park in our designated S2KI area, so I recommend preregistering.

Caravan and Arrival

The main event for us will take place on Saturday, July 14th. The gates open at 9:30am. Walt (cilocar) and I will be there waiting to direct you to our area and line up the cars. Caravanning in is the best way to streamline the arrival process. If everyone could get there at the same time, or at least in a couple of groups, it would be much easier to get everyone parked. As we get closer to the event, I'll post information about a caravan meeting spot. It will most likely be the same place as last year, but I need to confirm that nothing has changed. You definitely don't have to caravan in. If you're preregistered and you've posted here that you're coming, we'll save a spot for you. I would still suggest getting there as early as possible though, just in case the Subaru parade gets lost in a vape cloud and accidentally parks in our zone.

I know some of you are planning on going both days (myself included), but on Sunday you can come whenever you want. No caravan necessary. Sundays are much less crowded, so even though we won't have a special blocked off section, you'll probably be able to park together anyway.

Lunch, etc.

You can bring a picnic lunch if you'd like or you can buy food there. The food for sale is county fair style - think Italian sausage sandwiches and funnel cakes sold from a trailer. This is a BYOB event, if you're into that kind of thing. We've been approved to put up a pop-up tent (just one - I'll bring it) for shade, probably up near the tree line where we've been in prior years. I recommend bringing lawn chairs, sunscreen, and plenty of water. It gets hot out there! And of course, wear comfy shoes.

Here's some additional info about the PVGP rules and such: General Event Information

Hotel Suggestions

For those travelling from out of town for this event, I have two hotel suggestions:

Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh - McCandless, PA
Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh North/McCandless

These hotels aren't the closest hotels to the event, but they are the closest hotels to my house, which will serve as a home base throughout the weekend. I'm happy to give hotel suggestions for other parts of Pittsburgh - just send me a PM.

If you're new or want to relive the memories, here are the threads from previous years:
S2KI@PVGP 2017
S2KI@PVGP 2016
S2KI@PVGP 2015
S2KI@PVGP 2014

That should be everything! Please let me know if you have any questions at all. Can't wait to see yinz!

1. Race Car Dave
2. Friedlander5765 (In a Miata, I assume)
3. Driveaholic
4. paterjim
5. selectaandy
6. fredh5062
7. cilocar
8. Ag2002
9. blondienirvana
10. blondienirvana 2
11. S2000Beers
12. pghs2kid
13. StreetOne
14. haye321

Last edited by Sara!; 07-11-2018 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Update
Old 06-12-2018, 03:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi Sara! THANKS yet again for all of your work for the S2000 Team RE: The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix. I have registered my S2000, 2006 Laguna Blue and will be there. Thanks.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:32 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,602 Likes on 1,909 Posts

Gah, would love to do this again, was a blast a few years ago.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:22 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm 90% in... Should know for sure this week or early next week.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Registered!
Old 06-12-2018, 07:12 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks again Sara! Pam and I will be there.
Old 06-14-2018, 07:18 AM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Mary Rose and I will be there. My car is getting fixed next week from the damage at Spring Fling. Should be really pretty again.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay, i'm in..... will try to drag the wife with me. lol...
Old 06-19-2018, 04:50 AM

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts

Thanks, Sara. Kathy & I will be there. We're registered and looking forward to it.

Last edited by fredh5062; 06-25-2018 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Additional information
Old 06-24-2018, 04:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Registered and ready to go! We will see you bright and early, Sara, and we look forward to seeing everyone!

Quick Reply: 2018 Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix (July 14-15, 2018)