Allegheny S2000 Owners Club Western PA including, Pittsburgh, Erie, Western Maryland, Northern West Virginia, and Eastern Ohio

Stereo Tech Day, Pool Party No BS thread. 9/30/07

Old 10-01-2007, 07:36 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Some pics from yesterday...

Raccoon....ewwwww.

Paul's rear speakers. Sorry, a little blurry.

Garage full of S's.

And a few Allegheny guys.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:48 AM

Received 2,820 Likes on 1,648 Posts

Ok, the party's over. Can I in this thread now?

Nice job on the S pod install, Phil, no

See you in VA.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

darn i was really hoping to see how those S pod's work and sound. i would have liked to see that.... however today was the first day in 3 days that i can talk again. damn cold...
Old 10-02-2007, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

despite the turn-out (and by that i mean lack thereof), thanks to phil and misty for hosting and making all those tasty dips! the pool was heated to 80 degrees and the weather was just perfect...

what happened to everyone?
Old 10-03-2007, 05:41 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice pics Ruined! Thanks for the help. You were in your glory this past weekend The stereo sounds great on the highway. I find I need to fade more to the rears to get better sound with the top down. Looks like Preppy and I will be installing the '04 exhaust upgrade this Sunday.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:32 AM

S-cargo - could you give us a review on the s-pods? What is it like having one channel behind your head instead of two?
Old 10-03-2007, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by SteelCityS2,Oct 3 2007, 06:32 AM
S-cargo - could you give us a review on the s-pods? What is it like having one channel behind your head instead of two?
Not sure what you mean by one channel. There is a speaker in each rollbar. Each one is on a seperate channel (left and right) like the front speakers. With a little tweaking, you can balance the sound perfectly.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:06 AM

One thing i was on the fence about from a staging standpoint - as pathetic as the stock headrest speakers are i thought there was stereo tweeters in each headrest as compared to having the left channel behind the driver and the right behind the passenger. But everybody that gets the s pods seems to not be bothered by it. How did you tweak your set up?

I am planning on some audio upgrades this week so your feedback is much appreciated!
Old 10-03-2007, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by SteelCityS2,Oct 3 2007, 09:06 AM
One thing i was on the fence about from a staging standpoint - as pathetic as the stock headrest speakers are i thought there was stereo tweeters in each headrest as compared to having the left channel behind the driver and the right behind the passenger. But everybody that gets the s pods seems to not be bothered by it. How did you tweak your set up?

I am planning on some audio upgrades this week so your feedback is much appreciated!
First, my setup is not s-pods, that is the Honda speakers......which suck. I bought a setup online that uses the roll bars as enclosures (a homemade solution). I then went to bestbuy and bought nice speakers.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:48 AM

Received 2,820 Likes on 1,648 Posts

^
We have the S pods. Best mod EVA to our car. The front speakers are still the Honda stock, the S pods were bought from a member here who made them. They go in the roll hoops. Some folks bought Honda rear speakers for the S which fit behind the seat. They don't hold a candle to the S pod set up from what we've heard. The speakers in the S pods were purchased from a local stereo shop. We also added a small amp and one of the young VT guys put it this way "You guys are rockin."

You can adjust the speakers, front to rear, etc., depending on if you are top down, top up, highway or whatever. The best part is that you CAN hear the stereo, even top down on the highway.

Quick Reply: Stereo Tech Day, Pool Party No BS thread. 9/30/07