Allegheny S2000 Owners Club Western PA including, Pittsburgh, Erie, Western Maryland, Northern West Virginia, and Eastern Ohio

Want to join the New Allegheny Club

Old 07-25-2014, 07:34 AM
Community Organizer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S2JS2002
Hi All,

Wanted to introduce myself to the group. Recent met the Allegheny S2K club at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix. Everyone seems pretty open and friendly so i figured id give this a shot. Ive owned my little Red S2 now for just over a year. Hope to get to know some other Honda fanatics so that maybe ill appear less weird to friends and family that aren't necessarily car buffs like myself. I am kinda far from the Pittsburgh area so theres not a lot of clubs or activities to join. Fortunately I was able to connect with some of the members from the club last week at the show. I look forward to getting to know some new people in the area that share the same interests.

Nice to meet you all,

Shawn
Welcome aboard Shawn! Sorry I missed you at the PVGP. I suck...
Old 07-25-2014, 07:37 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by HannibalACP82
Originally Posted by 412xxx' timestamp='1406296042' post='23259062
WITH A PASSENGER!!!! you forgot to mention
this dude's a great driver and his m3 is goregous. so is his lawn. you'll like everyone here!
He is coming off like a douche right now Celeste. If you two are friends maybe you can help him understand that crowd on S2ki here in Allegheny is not your typical import scene and is a bit older/classier then most expect. Nothing wrong with the juvenile stuff in the appropriate places....
"Holier than thou" is very classy!
Old 07-25-2014, 08:00 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by shind3
"Holier than thou" is very classy!
Not holier then thou at all. Just stating the facts.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:58 AM

I'd hate to use the word "classy" on the internet. He's not "in the import scene" and quite frankly he's pretty low key. I can't say that I'm a shining example for some of my own comments are pretty obscene. But, for what it's worth, the Allegheny forum is more.. informational. This is the Who/What/When of local activities. Everyone here is kind and super respectful even when I ask some dumb questions. If my car's together by August 9, I'll be at Honda Day in NJ, so I'll miss your first meet!

We're welcomed in the Mid-A section which can be active and engaging on all levels. I think I cracked a pretty successful your mom joke there once or twice. Last but not least, the facebook groups are probably where most of my time is spent networking. That's usually where I find parts to buy then come to the classifieds on the forum to do research about them. Or just talk crap with a bunch of other people bored at work.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's an 06 because I wanted the reflashable ECU. Flew down to Florida, bought it from a friend of a friend, and drove it up. The previous owner changed all fluids every 3-4K, lol. He said the cost wasn't a problem and it took the same time to do all fluids on a lift as it did just for the engine oil. I don't think I'll be THAT anal about it.

It's bone stock other than tires which are of the Hankook RS3 225/255 variety. Good enough to outrun a Lotus Elise by 1.5 seconds at the last Pitt Race Trackcross, lol. I'd like to get some stiffer springs on it and run 255mm tires all around.
Very nice. I run RS3s on my S (stock AP1 size so 205/225) and love them. I too would like to run 255 all around and have stiffer springs. Hopefully someday soon.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:55 PM

It's an 06 because I wanted the reflashable ECU. Flew down to Florida, bought it from a friend of a friend, and drove it up. The previous owner changed all fluids every 3-4K, lol. He said the cost wasn't a problem and it took the same time to do all fluids on a lift as it did just for the engine oil. I don't think I'll be THAT anal about it.

It's bone stock other than tires which are of the Hankook RS3 225/255 variety. Good enough to outrun a Lotus Elise by 1.5 seconds at the last Pitt Race Trackcross, lol. I'd like to get some stiffer springs on it and run 255mm tires all around.
Very nice. I run RS3s on my S (stock AP1 size so 205/225) and love them. I too would like to run 255 all around and have stiffer springs. Hopefully someday soon.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:57 PM

Hi All,

Wanted to introduce myself to the group. Recent met the Allegheny S2K club at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix. Everyone seems pretty open and friendly so i figured id give this a shot. Ive owned my little Red S2 now for just over a year. Hope to get to know some other Honda fanatics so that maybe ill appear less weird to friends and family that aren't necessarily car buffs like myself. I am kinda far from the Pittsburgh area so theres not a lot of clubs or activities to join. Fortunately I was able to connect with some of the members from the club last week at the show. I look forward to getting to know some new people in the area that share the same interests.

Nice to meet you all,

Shawn
Welcome! I missed the PVGP this year

If you are kind of far from the Pittsburgh area where are you from exactly?
Old 07-25-2014, 07:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi All,

Nice to meet you all,

Shawn
Welcome Shawn! I talked with you at the PVGP. Glad that you followed through and joined.
Here is a link to the thread for the drive that we talked about. Post to join in if you're still interested. Drive After Cars & Coffee
Old 08-27-2014, 03:54 PM

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts

Hi,

My name is Fred Hirt. Please count me in as a member as well. My email is fredh5062@gmail.com I have a 2006 AP2 in Suzuka Blue. It has 41,000 miles on it. I bought it May/2013, and I love driving it.

Thanks, please keep me in the loop.

Fred
Old 08-28-2014, 07:15 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome Fred! Hope to meet you and your car soon.

Quick Reply: Want to join the New Allegheny Club