Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Buzzing Sound Help!

Old 08-17-2008, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buzzing Sound Help!

All right... So I just put the Invidia V3 Exhaust on my car a couple weeks ago, and it was awesome. Then about a week later I started getting a buzzing sound. It sounded like it was coming from the exhaust. So I checked everything on the exhaust, and everything was tight, but the left muffler was making a weird sound when I tapped on it, so at first I thought it might be deffective. So last night I took the left muffler off and drove it around with just the right one in, and I still got the buzzing sound around 3700RPM. So then this morning I take the whole catback off and replace all the hangers, check the whole cat back for cracks and all, and everything seemed fine. So I tried driving around some more to try to find out where exactly the buzz is coming from. It just sounded like it was coming from between the trunk and the cockpit. I tried taking off the license plate frame, wasn't it. Tried the gas door, wasn't it. Took my entire subwoofer and amp out, wasn't it. I really don't think it's from the exhaust, I just think that because the exhaust is so loud, the sound waves cause something inside the car to vibrate and buzz at that RPM range; and it sounds like it's coming from the area behind my seat. Anyone have any clues or suggestions? I was thinking I might try to take it to the dealership but I'm afraid they might say it's the exhaust that's causing it and they might try to cancel my extended warranty or something. So please help, anyone! The sound is annoying and embarrassing (sounds like a fart cannon) and I'm losing sleep stressing about it.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:16 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

come to the meet...I wanna hear it
Old 08-18-2008, 05:10 AM

i didnt see if you put your stock one back on and drove around.

Clutch buzz?

most people say they hear that buzz on decel, i on the other hand hear it on acceleration.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you sure its not just that invidia droning like crazy?
Old 08-18-2008, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by KeithMajkasays,Aug 18 2008, 06:46 AM
Are you sure its not just that invidia droning like crazy?
when I first put the exhaust on it didn't do it at all... I started doing it like a week later. It's not a clutch buzz because it's coming from behind me.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:14 AM

they tend to drone more after the exhaust is broken in. when my exhaust was broken in (took about a week) it started to vibrate a bunch around 3500-4000rpm then after another week or two it went away.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Invidia is notorious for droning and by your original post about sound, location and where it happens on the rpm range, im pretty confident that its droning. Do you notice it as bad when the top is down?
Old 08-18-2008, 08:23 AM

Try to get someone to listen to it - i know when I had my V3 it was loud and droned but not sure if I would call it a buzzing sound.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:46 AM

drone FTMFL!
Old 08-18-2008, 08:25 PM

Well obviously the exhaust does drone through certain RPM ranges. But as Nate said, the sound I'm refferring to I wouldn't call drone. Droning is more of a constant monotonous annoying sound. This is a BUZZZZZ. Like I said before, the vibrations might be caused by the sound waves of the exhaust, but don't think it's the exhaust itself that is vibrating against something. I can't hear it as much if the windows are down, and less if the top is down. But with the top up it's perfectly audible. It does at right at the same RPM range in all gears when I slowly accellerate, floor it, decell, or cruise. Maybe someone wants to ride along so they can hear it themselves?

Quick Reply: Buzzing Sound Help!