Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Coffee Twalk

Old 06-09-2012, 05:50 AM

Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

I just think he likes his partner to have curves.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adrs2k
I have been running 7 for about 2.5years now. Maybe I will just do some maintenance and go close some programs that are running in the background during start up.
I've been running 8 Consumer Preview, and I don't think I'll ever go back to 7. It's just as stable as a preview and it's about 5x faster. With more features.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ Orly....
Old 06-11-2012, 03:00 PM

Interesting. Most NSX owners hate Windows 8 so far...

Or I should say, they hate Metro.
Old 06-12-2012, 11:29 AM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

When setting up my new computer WIN 8 would randomly freeze for 1-2 seconds at irregular intervals.

The solution was to install WIN 7 and I've had no problems since. >_< I really like WIN 7 and until I see a solid reason to upgrade I'll most likely just stick with it.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by PhoenixNSX
Interesting. Most NSX owners hate Windows 8 so far...

Or I should say, they hate Metro.
Looks like your friends over there aren't adaptable to change.
I've never used a smoother OS, Linux and OSX included.
Seriously, they're complaining that there's no start button. If you actually click on the start button, then I don't really have any reason to listen to what you say (computer-wise at least). I took a look at the videos you posted too, and I don't see how putting people who are computer illiterate behind a new OS is a good way to judge it? I'm pretty sure people didn't know how to do everything on XP when it first dropped, or OSX from OS9. But they learn with time. I figured out Win8/Metro in a matter of seconds. But don't worry, they'll figure it out in several years when everybody's talking about how much better it is. I know tons of people didn't want to make the jump from 2000 to XP or XP to 7 (God forbid they ran ME or Vista), but now, everyone talks about how rock solid those OSes were.
It's funny too that people will hate on something no matter what. Either "It's too different, I don't know what to do!" because it's revolutionary, or they'll hate because it's too similar and they don't see the point in upgrading. There's always going to be people that are unhappy with something. As the saying goes, you can't please everyone.
When we had 8 installed on Feezy's machine, the thing was fully booted in 6 seconds total. It's a shame that something (probably video card related) was having issues, but it's in beta status still, so I'm sure those will be addressed in time. 7 is still fast to boot, but when we were installing everything it was upwards of 8-10 seconds.
People can hate on it all they want, but I'm more than happy with it, and I won't ever go back.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:16 PM

So is windows 8 free or something? What's the catch?
Old 06-12-2012, 08:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HWY88
You can go download a full version of the "Release Candidate" from Microsoft for free until it expires when the retail comes out.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Boofster
Originally Posted by HWY88' timestamp='1339557415' post='21777129
You can go download a full version of the "Release Candidate" from Microsoft for free until it expires when the retail comes out.
YYAAARRRRRRRRR

Thanks for clearing that up Ivan
Old 06-13-2012, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by The Internet
Looks like your friends over there aren't adaptable to change.
I've never used a smoother OS, Linux and OSX included.
Seriously, they're complaining that there's no start button. If you actually click on the start button, then I don't really have any reason to listen to what you say (computer-wise at least). I took a look at the videos you posted too, and I don't see how putting people who are computer illiterate behind a new OS is a good way to judge it? I'm pretty sure people didn't know how to do everything on XP when it first dropped, or OSX from OS9. But they learn with time. I figured out Win8/Metro in a matter of seconds. But don't worry, they'll figure it out in several years when everybody's talking about how much better it is. I know tons of people didn't want to make the jump from 2000 to XP or XP to 7 (God forbid they ran ME or Vista), but now, everyone talks about how rock solid those OSes were.
It's funny too that people will hate on something no matter what. Either "It's too different, I don't know what to do!" because it's revolutionary, or they'll hate because it's too similar and they don't see the point in upgrading. There's always going to be people that are unhappy with something. As the saying goes, you can't please everyone.
When we had 8 installed on Feezy's machine, the thing was fully booted in 6 seconds total. It's a shame that something (probably video card related) was having issues, but it's in beta status still, so I'm sure those will be addressed in time. 7 is still fast to boot, but when we were installing everything it was upwards of 8-10 seconds.
People can hate on it all they want, but I'm more than happy with it, and I won't ever go back.
I wouldn't say that we're not adaptable to change, many of us switched from Windows to OSX or Linux and have survived just fine. I'm all for a faster and more responsive OS, but the question remains whether a complete UI overhaul is necessary to make that happen. I am not convinced the Metro interface is all that wonderful to use on a non-touchscreen device. And what's wrong with using the start button? It's an easy and visually intuitive way for many people to access applications. I'm happy that you find Windows 8 amazing, but is it the UI or the performance enhancements behind the scenes that is more responsible for your experience?

Quick Reply: Coffee Twalk