Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

F24 stroker build

Old 04-14-2011, 11:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I highly recommend riding along with me on a track day before you decide
Old 04-14-2011, 11:57 AM
3en

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 Ivans car feels perfect for the track, and he handles it very well!
Old 04-14-2011, 12:31 PM

What size turbo is on Ivan's car?
Old 04-14-2011, 12:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by newchapter
What size turbo is on Ivan's car?
It's actually a Kraftworks Rotrex SC.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:52 PM

its not all about power, but if I did go FI I would go with a supercharger. and in time if I do decide that is the route to go, all I have to do is put in some lower compression pistons and its off to the tuners as everything will pretty much be setup for it already.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:12 PM
3en

Originally Posted by SubeSTile
its not all about power,
Blasphemy!
Old 04-14-2011, 02:40 PM

I came to the s2000 from a 472 hp 468 tq subaru forester, i know what boost is there is no comparison to the feeling of being thrown back by that much torque. that being said, the s2000 in stock form with suspension is in my opinion a much better drivers car. It challenges the driver to become faster around the car, not the other way around. honestly I wasnt ready to give the car any more power yet, I was still developing as a driver in the current setup. Things like that happen though and it is out of my hands at this point, either way its still going to be a great car, just now with 1/3 more torque
Old 04-14-2011, 05:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SubeSTile
I came to the s2000 from a 472 hp 468 tq subaru forester, i know what boost is there is no comparison to the feeling of being thrown back by that much torque. that being said, the s2000 in stock form with suspension is in my opinion a much better drivers car. It challenges the driver to become faster around the car, not the other way around. honestly I wasnt ready to give the car any more power yet, I was still developing as a driver in the current setup. Things like that happen though and it is out of my hands at this point, either way its still going to be a great car, just now with 1/3 more torque
Moar QFT!

I was perfectly fine with the BPU stock car also. The opportunity came for FI so I had seize it.
I'm still happy and have many years of driver improvement ahead.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by adrs2k
For a track car, NA is going to be the best.

That's a very broad and subjective statement. Best in what aspect? Organization, class you will be competing in, goals, and budget are all things to consider. NA may be best for you, but it's not going to be best for everyone.

With that said, if going FI isn't in your budget then there is no need to build for it in my opinion. In addition, this will just give you more time to save up for the FI set up. The only thing I would rethink is maybe keeping OEM compression. That way if this engine lasts untill you are ready for boost you can bolt the kit on with a little better peice of mind. The E85 will help, but I don't know if it will be enough for high compression and boost. I guess you could try to figure out what kind of power increase you are looking at from rasing the compression alone and decide if it is worth it.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:42 PM

if I go boost, it will be a few years down the road. if at that time I do decide to go boost ill just pull the pistons out and put in low comp pistons that will better suit the build. i have done the boosted route and high horse power, all it has lead to for me is a broken car, FI for me is not worth the added expense and headache at this point. so what adam meant and this was from a previous discussion is that for my track car, NA is the best way to go.

Quick Reply: F24 stroker build