Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

Moving to Arizona

Old 09-22-2006, 06:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to Arizona

Hey guys I'm planning to move to the Phoenix, Arizona area with in the up comming months. I decided to move out there to go back to school and figured since I have family there, I could be near them and most importantly no more eastcoast Cold Winters!

Can anyone tell me what are the good and bad areas of Phoenix. The nightlife, movie theatres & malls? and the places where you don't want to go I'm sure there is a bad area in every big city.

Also anyone have any problems with break-ins or vandalism? I want to know since I am probably going to be rooming with someone and the S2k will probably be parked outside..

Any help would be appreciated! and I can't wait to meet some S2k people out there!
Old 09-22-2006, 02:54 PM

Where are you going to school? What type of schedule? This will give us an idea of when and where you will be travelling to help avoid traffic problems. Are you going to be working a real job or "your way through college"?
Old 09-22-2006, 08:16 PM

Depending on where you will be living I wouldn't park the S outside. If you come out to the west side I can give you tips and tricks to stay out of any scary places. I go to ASU West so if you go there I'm sure I'll see you sooner or later.

Give us some more detail info and we'll be glad to help.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:00 PM

Its kind of a spontanious move, I am kind of tired of living & working here. I work at the World Bank right now in Washington D.C. I already told them I am leaving with in the end of the month. My plan is to go to local junior college for a year and then transfer to ASU. I will be staying with my cousin for the first month to look for a full-time job & I already have a potentional roomate in SW Phoenix. I think its worth the cross country experience, if it doesn't work out then I always have a job here.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:05 PM

AZ is a high auto-theft place. If you have to park outside get a high quality paging alarm with radar intrusion detection and seat locks. I've heard about a few people having their seats stolen.

Last time I checked ASU wants 18 months of proof that you lived here permanently to get in-state tuition, so I would go to community college for two years and then transfer if I were you. The Maricopa Community Colleges are pretty good and transfer credits to ASU easily.

The Phoenix valley is pretty diverse. It's hard to say where to go or where to avoid without knowing you're going to be. Very generally speaking, south Phoenix is the area to avoid and Tempe/Scottsdale is the area for nightlife and entertainment. Movie theatres are pretty standard, I personally prefer Harkins for their sound systems and comfy rockers. There are no THX theatres in the valley. Hmm, malls, uh there is a big one in Tempe, a couple in Scottsdale, and another big one in Chandler...I hate malls.

Hope that's what you were looking for.

Kirk