Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

September 14 AutoX Event

Old 07-24-2014, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be there this time. I was in Vegas last weekend b/c it was planned out before I knew the AutoX schedule.

I can instruct if needed Sept 4th.

I'm definitely willing to take your cars for spins if you like ;-). You're welcome to take a shotgun ride in mine.

Sandeep - You are spot on with most of your comments. AutoX really takes time to go fast. It's a learned aggression. Once you learn how aggressive you can really drive you car, you will get faster. I'm always impressed with how aggressive some drivers are when I ride with them and they end up beating me in my own car or theirs. There's a time to be smooth and a time to be aggressive.

you really have to launch the shit out of an S2000 off the line if you are running really good tires, which you are. I don't really like how often they setup drag launches. It's not necessary in course design most of the time. If you still have the Clutch delay valve, it requires a really fast side step off of the clutch to get the best result.

Another tip I will give you guys is that that you really need to try and go faster hahaha joking just joking! But seriously, on your first or 2nd run, go ballz to the wallz persay, without getting lost. This discovers your limits and the cars, and possibly shows you a line that just doesn't work or does. Learn and correct. The best guys are all within at least 0.5 seconds of their first run. Of course there is more to it, but learning takes time.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:23 PM

3 different days in these videos but similar courses at the Bondo school track in my E36 M3

Watch how aggressive I am at the wheel here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59Wv...nFFNxn3nKkW0xQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQzg...nFFNxn3nKkW0xQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy_U...nFFNxn3nKkW0xQ

A video of mine in my S2000 - I don't display much aggression here but I do get it loose a few times.
http://vimeo.com/62225961
Old 07-24-2014, 08:47 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Thanks for the tips. Yeah at the next session I plan on getting a ride with some faster drivers including an instructor riding with me. Plus I'm going to focus on more steering input like in Ryans' videos.

Nice driving Ryan.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by berny2435
I will be there this time. I was in Vegas last weekend b/c it was planned out before I knew the AutoX schedule.

I can instruct if needed Sept 4th.

I9m definitely willing to take your cars for spins if you like ;-). You9re welcome to take a shotgun ride in mine.

Sandeep - You are spot on with most of your comments. AutoX really takes time to go fast. It9s a learned aggression. Once you learn how aggressive you can really drive you car, you will get faster. I9m always impressed with how aggressive some drivers are when I ride with them and they end up beating me in my own car or theirs. There9s a time to be smooth and a time to be aggressive.

you really have to launch the shit out of an S2000 off the line if you are running really good tires, which you are. I don9t really like how often they setup drag launches. It9s not necessary in course design most of the time. If you still have the Clutch delay valve, it requires a really fast side step off of the clutch to get the best result.

Another tip I will give you guys is that that you really need to try and go faster hahaha joking just joking3 But seriously, on your first or 2nd run, go ballz to the wallz persay, without getting lost. This discovers your limits and the cars, and possibly shows you a line that just doesn9t work or does. Learn and correct. The best guys are all within at least 0.5 seconds of their first run. Of course there is more to it, but learning takes time.
yeah, that's why we've got beaten by scion xb. lol. But that makes autocross interesting.
For me it's just frustrating because I know I can drive faster with my beater prelude than my S. a lot to learn with snappy tail happy ap1 with no lower rpm torque..
Old 07-24-2014, 10:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember AutoX'ing back in the day....

That Bondurant track looks way better than the random cones on a parking lot we used to do.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:45 PM

1. s2k4life_az - Sandeep
2. Fokker - Michael
3. leshiro99 - Hiro
4. berny2435 - Ryan
5. Aren
Old 07-24-2014, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Boofster
I remember AutoX9ing back in the day.... That Bondurant track looks way better than the random cones on a parking lot we used to do.
Yeah I thought so too. I like that course. You should come out in your Lexus.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:05 AM
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

As quick as I got around the course, I was still sand-bagging it on the throttle in many places due to a lack of familiarity with the course and not wanting to suffer the 4 wheel rule. I'll have data logging sorted after this weekend hopefully and will be able to get useable information from my runs from now on.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Fokker
As quick as I got around the course, I was still sand-bagging it on the throttle in many places due to a lack of familiarity with the course and not wanting to suffer the 4 wheel rule. I9ll have data logging sorted after this weekend hopefully and will be able to get useable information from my runs from now on.
Nice. You had a quick run.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd like to join!

Quick Reply: September 14 AutoX Event