Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

September 14 AutoX Event

Old 09-15-2014, 08:05 AM

Received 191 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by berny2435
Official Results posted here when they get around to it. The normal scoring guy wasn't there so it may be a day or two.

http://www.azsolo.com/backup/index.p...s-info/results

key spots to lineup were

1.) Being able to go ballz out through the first two corners - a deceivingly fast section if you turn in hard and late.
2.) ballz out lefty sweeper and more importantly, proper setup for the first slalom.
3.) proper setup for the tricky second slalom
4.) proper setup for the 3rd fast offset slalom
5.) proper left hand sweeper at the end including a lining up that high speed offset
6.) the last slalom into the finish was pretty fast when lineup up correctly which requres getting over your right and being about to sort of trail brake into. I got loose here at times. A car that sets faster, like an S2000 with good suspension, would have been eating my lunch here.
Thanks for this.

I had a lot of wheel spin through the second corner so I could not stay flat
I can only go flat out through the left sweeper if I went into third gear as I was sitting at red line feathering second trying to stay out of third
For all slaloms I think I overbraked slightly and then powered out of them nicely...next time I am going to not go into them as hot and be smoother while carrying more speed.
I think the last slalom I was almost flat but breathed a little on the throttle because I did not trust the car, but I should have.

I def think I can get into the 46's with a little more practice.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, 46s would have been the ideal STR time bc that's what Jay Balducci put down.
I had to lay off the throttle as well. I tried to just pick a smooth line/arc that set me up well into the slalom.

I don't even think a miata on R-comps could stay flat out through there bc of the surface and surface temps.

The local hot shoes to compare yourself to for STR times are

Jay B. (Nationaly competitive driver in STR)
Stephen K. (when he drives a proper STR car but he has a STS miata now that needs developed)
Brian P. (wasn't there. he's a multi-National champ in many cars, an Alien. Don't even expect to be within 2 seconds of this guy for a year or so)
Clint C. (wasn't there. runs a STX Acura Integra Type R but also jumps into other cars)
Jeff B. for PAX time only

there are others I could mention.

When some of the CSP cars are on fresh rubber, comparing PAX times with them is good. Sometimes they use less than ideal AutoX rubber though so you have to see if they are using the good stuff every now and then. They try to use Value tires like the road racer spec Hankooks.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by adrs2k
How do people locally feel about sticking to the rules? My tires are 180tw which means they are not in spec for STR...I think treadwear is trivial when it comes to typical street tires (RE11A, RS3, ADO8, Rival, DZII) but not sure if people I may compete against would feel the same way.
I don't condone running extra mods or cheeter tires, but I wouldn't worry about it. Accept for in Novice, you wont be knocking on the door of the main STR competitors for a while. Not saying you aren't good, it's just the nature of the sport and takes most people a while to get down. At least a year unless you have a lot of experience Karting and/or are some prodigy (they are out there). I've sat in a Novice's car that was incredibly fast for their 3rd or 4th event. to truely be competitive, unfortunately you will need a better front swaybar to make your car a slalom beast.

You can spend 1-2 years in Novice depending on if you trophy and or even make it to enough races to trophy. I wouldn't worry about it untill someone in registration calls you out.. . It's just Novice IMO.

To play nice with everyone in Novice though, it would be ideal if you went and talked with the people in your Novice category and cleared the air about your tires

My car is basically a STU car but I have three reliability mods that basically take it out of the class. I'd probably get called out by people if I ran STU, especially after I get my suspension up to snuff.
-Big ass radiator
-no mechanical radiator/engine fan
-no traction control throttle body (yes, this car has a weird extra mechanical throttle boddy for traction controll) it's a failure pt for racing and is anouying to turn off the TC before every run) give maybe 3 extra HP. well within HP noise of someone having a freshly rebuilt motor.. .
Old 09-15-2014, 08:42 AM
Community Organizer

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

I'll post up my terri-bad run later tonight. Just off-loaded the files from the camera and didn't mess with them.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:19 AM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Michael, Hiro, and I ran the July event on the same course. In reviewing the results form that event, we all improved. Great job guys.

Michael 52.906 vs. 51.752 - 1.154 sec improvement!
Hiro 56.246 vs. 55.708 - .538 sec improvement!
Sandeep 56.231 vs. 52.243 - 3.988 sec improvement!

I think I'm starting to get that AutoX bug. Maybe I need to sign up for more events.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:24 AM

I wasn't at the last AutoX but the last event looks a little faster and a little less tricky. maybe .5 to 1 second faster so I'm thinking you guys improved even more than that!! good work!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K4q...ature=youtu.be
Old 09-15-2014, 10:28 AM

pro-driver in ice cream truck, showing how it's gone at the July event. The art of running perfect lines and maintaining speed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vna0...n3-StZ3DWKShMA
Old 09-15-2014, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by s2k4life_az
Michael, Hiro, and I ran the July event on the same course. In reviewing the results form that event, we all improved. Great job guys.

Michael 52.906 vs. 51.752 - 1.154 sec improvement!
Hiro 56.246 vs. 55.708 - .538 sec improvement!
Sandeep 56.231 vs. 52.243 - 3.988 sec improvement!

I think I'm starting to get that AutoX bug. Maybe I need to sign up for more events.
I did 53s(+1.lol) back in april. I think it's a lot to do with intake air temp. stock AP1 get affected by IAT a lot more than ap2 because of it's location. Running with150 degree IAT is as if I'm in flag to ecu. lol.
a lot of ap1 guys in japan relocate IAT sensor in air box for that reason. like honda moved it on intake tube on ap2. And running in group A would be a must for me.
Old 09-15-2014, 12:13 PM

Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

pro-driver in ice cream truck, showing how it's gone at the July event. The art of running perfect lines and maintaining speed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vna0...n3-StZ3DWKShMA
Yeah he's the guy with the ITR?
Old 09-15-2014, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by s2k4life_az
pro-driver in ice cream truck, showing how it's gone at the July event. The art of running perfect lines and maintaining speed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vna0...n3-StZ3DWKShMA
Yeah he's the guy with the ITR?
yup. skillz. he's not really a pro, but basically is when it comes to AutoX

Quick Reply: September 14 AutoX Event