Arizona S2000 Owners Arizona S2000 Owners. s2000arizona.com

sigh edit wow now impress

Old 05-07-2007, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sigh edit wow now impress

sigh.. I just threw on a fujitsubo exhaust onto my car and didnt notice much of a gain. I feel alittle more on the low end now. Going to throw coilovers and intake on next. I'm not sure if i will feel anything from an intake. Should I even bother with the exhaust manifold? I dont plan on throwing a turbo or supercharger on. Just trying to gain some power with basic stuff. any ideas on what mods I can do to get at least 20 more wheel horsepower? Thinking bigger throttle body, intake and exhaust manifold.. or maybe ITB
Old 05-07-2007, 09:56 PM

You're not going to feel noticeable gains with bolt ons.
Most if not all engines from Honda (Especially the sport car designated engines) come nearly maxed out from the factory. You can squeeze out a couple more horses but the amount you spend to gain a little bit you could have put towards a different route of power gains. If you want to make power, you will have to go with forced induction or opt for an N/A build up.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:29 AM

^Totally agree. FI is the only way to go if you're looking for any kind of gains you can actually feel. Intake and exhaust is all about the bling bling, sound, and personal taste. Many exhausts actually rob you of a little power. Honda has done a good job of squeezing 240 HP from this little bugger already, it just doesn't have much more to give in NA form.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:11 AM

The fujitsubo doesn't give much hp at all. It looks better, sounds alittle better, and is lighter. When I had the T1r on I could feel quite a bit difference. Not 30hp or higher but enough that when I installed my other other exhaust I felt a good lose. The only thing is you have to pick between less noise and more noise and also how much hp you want opposed to how much money you're willing to spend. Richee had the dual t1r sparrow with the tsubigo..... something intake and he liked the gains.

Now if you want big hp it just like what they stated above.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:09 AM

personally, with intake and headers.....i went from 195 stock to 208 on the dyno and havent got to dyno with the exhaust yet...so thats 13 right there
Old 05-08-2007, 11:05 AM

Hey dawick....hows your car now? Any update?
Old 05-08-2007, 11:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You might first concentrate on keeping the hp you already have. Heat robs alot of power from this motor. Try Hondata intake manifold, mugen/spoon thermostat, fan switch, rad cap. These will help the car run cooler and keep the hot coolant from running through the intake manifold. Some people have noticed gains from vafc tuning especially on MY 00-01. Maybe also try gear swap.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Zacreth,May 8 2007, 11:05 AM
Hey dawick....hows your car now? Any update?
SAME O SAME O
Old 05-08-2007, 06:28 PM

Agree with everything already stated on here. The one nice thing about a CAI (not an icebox under the hood, but one that pulls from the wheel well) is there is a noticable difference in the heat soak, especially here in the summer. Other than that you have to build-out or go FI to truly "feel" a HP/TQ gain.

Another option is gearing if you want the car to feel stronger off the line. Only drawback is you give up some drivability on the highways (higher RPMs at lower speeds).
Old 05-10-2007, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by 1FastS2k,May 8 2007, 11:06 AM
You might first concentrate on keeping the hp you already have. Heat robs alot of power from this motor. Try Hondata intake manifold, mugen/spoon thermostat, fan switch, rad cap. These will help the car run cooler and keep the hot coolant from running through the intake manifold. Some people have noticed gains from vafc tuning especially on MY 00-01. Maybe also try gear swap.
awesome.. I think I am going to work on the cooling system and do the basic intake and exhaust manifold.. I know I can get more power with FI but I am just looking to gain about 20hp.. This is pretty much my daily driver I don't need 350hp car on the streets..
thanks for all the input guys I'll let you know what I get..

Quick Reply: sigh edit wow now impress