Ark-La-Tex S2000 Owners Covering Arkansas, Louisiana, and East Texas

In a big snag *update*

Old 06-12-2011, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In a big snag *update*

2008 Honda s2k with 46k miles
Greddy turbo kit with hondata flashpro.

Here's the story. I was running someone flooring it in 2nd gear and my car just shuts off. No bogging sound or anything. Headlights are still on, dash works just fine, radio is on. When I try to start it while rolling it clicks. I'm going about 55 mph. I keep trying to start it this time popping the clutch. After about the 8th time the car fires up normally. Went to my buddy's house shut off the car and it fired back up to normal. Now this time ,about a week later, I drove from my house to the gym and then to my cousin's house. On the way to my cousin's it just dies again. Tried starting it and I get nothing. Same symptoms. Luckily I was rolling fast enough to go into the driveway. I tried starting it again and I still get nothing but a click. I waited two hours for it to cool off and tried again. Tried jump starting and still get the same thing. Tried tapping on the starter solenoid and got nothing. I am going to try tapping on it a little harder today though to see if it works.
Everyone at the house party gave me different answers here. Someone said it was my starter solenoid because I have to much heat from the turbo it seized up the solenoid. Another person said it was my battery and my alternator. Another person said it was my ecu and it went into safe mode or is immobilized.

I need some input guys. I don't know whats going on. I'm going back to the car today to test with a multimeter. Let me know what you think guys. Thanks.

*update*

Alright I checked my positive terminal and it was loose. Replaced the terminal. The motor now sounds like it wants to turn over. Tried again but put the car in first gear and I blipped the throttle. This time it turned over and made a really nasty sound and stayed on for 5 seconds and turned off on its own. I think my head is messed up or my timing is off or something now. I should've mentioned this earlier but the car had a cylinder 4 misfire. The first time it died I kept it running and took it home. The next day I started it I hear ticking. I'm guessing valve tick. I wanna say the valve messed up the head. Am I right or wrong?
Old 06-12-2011, 12:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I gernby did mention that the flashpro calibrations do mess up an u need to reflash the flashpro and then the ecu. Worth a shot
Old 06-12-2011, 02:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Eliminate the obvious first. Check battery connections and then unplug flash pro. Wouldnt be your starter it has nothing to with your car dying. Either a bad connection is causing your car to die. Or the flash pro is shutting you down, my guess would be from IAT possibly.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:26 AM

imma try all this and see what happens. Thanks for the input.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:45 AM

You know need to do a compression test. If you are running cylinder 4 misfire it could a coilpack or compression loss one of the two. Are you still getting a CEL when you turn it on? If so what's the codes? Disconnect the charge pipe of the turbo to throttle body and also disconnect kpro. Let the car run on its own and see what symptoms you get. Also pull the plugs, check your gap and color of them. When you said it made a "noise" was the idle iradic? Or just have a ticking noise to it? Can you video it?
Old 06-14-2011, 08:46 AM

Also swap coilpacks around from cylinder 4 to cylinder 1 and see if the code changes. Also we're your injectors new or used? And what size are they?
Old 06-14-2011, 09:00 AM

so out of curiosity real quick, this is looking like it doesnt have to do with the ECU/Hondata Flashpro? I have been watching this thread, cause I have been wanting to get a Flashpro eventually (in a year or two).
Old 06-15-2011, 05:06 AM

We don't officially know that yet. But it almost seems ruled out based on the rest of the issues at hand.
Old 06-15-2011, 06:15 PM

No its not flashpro. Flashpro you're car wouldn't be able to start right after the reflash. I came to the conclusion that my cylinder walls are scored. But won't know for sure. I will be towing the car to my house and doing some self surgery and see whats going on. It's an internal issue for sure. Will update with pictures. I'm already saving up for f24c build since I'm pretty sure the block is screwed. As for the turbo kit if anyone wants it I'll let it go for 1.8k obo price is negotiable and will work out shipping with the price if it gets too pricey.