thinking about getting this kit to start off

Old 10-12-2010, 07:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ok sorry for comming off rude.

point blank what i want is 400+ whp turbo that is safe and reliable obviously

budget is $3500.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel like your gonna go threw the same problems I did you CAN NOT cheap threw this successfully.

I have a few questions for you.

Do you have an upgraded clutch?
Do you plan on replacing the rear diff?
Do you Know what your getting your self in to?

You need to find an AEM EMS. i tried to go with out it... it didn't work, it caused problems, you can run other things, but that is the best, and it is the easiest for your tuner in the long run it will be easier on your pockets.

You can make power with out an equal length manifold, but you can make more and make it more efficiently with it. You will need this to see your 400-450hp goal.

Tial makes some of the best WG and BOV's on the planet.

You need pen style injectors. ID1000's work very well, i had the IP 675cc, wasn't happy with them.

Good luck sir!
Old 10-12-2010, 08:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by marshman,Oct 12 2010, 09:56 AM
ok sorry for comming off rude.

point blank what i want is 400+ whp turbo that is safe and reliable obviously

budget is $3500.
Need more money in your budget. Thats not enought money for your goal. Let alone your clutch and flywheel that you will need. Plus you need emanage. plus money for a tune. Any kit honeslty used or not by the end of the day your going to be around 5-6k. easily
Old 10-12-2010, 09:42 AM

3500 Isn't going to be enough. Let me break it down so you can look at what you have for options.

Brand new kits:
Mase
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...ic=713429&st=0
Everything you need is here (Injectors, EMS)
Comes with a "tune"
You will need to buy a clutch. you dont have to buy a flywheel the oem is fine. You may have to have it resurfaced but thats only a couple bucks.
$6500

P-Tuning
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=788561
You need injectors and a EMS for this kit.
You will need to buy a clutch. you dont have to buy a flywheel the oem is fine. You may have to have it resurfaced but thats only a couple bucks.
$5495

P-Fab
http://www.pfabrications.com/inc/sdetail/1474
$5495

Full-Race
http://www.full-race.com/catalog/product_i...roducts_id=2163
$4,465

Those are the only new kit's I really recommend to reach the goal you have of 400+whp. Yes other kit's will make the power you want but, they will require more boost at a less safe level then the above kits are going to need. Yes you could be cheap and buy a inline pro stage 1 kit throw a headgasket on there and make some power but your gonna have blown head gasket woes after a while. I'm not sure of your financial situation and how easy it is for you to save money for a "better" kit but I think you are going to be over your head wanting to reach your goal from the sound of things here. If that is the case maybe you should revaluate the things you are wanting and maybe look into a kit that can produce 350whp for a price that is near your budget. You can find a used greddy kit on here for about 1900-2500 bucks depending on the "extras" included in the kit. My advice from here would be to pick the kit up, buy a clutch (a comp clutch stage 4 would be sufficient), sell the emanage out of your kit (probaly not worth much) and then buy a AEM EMS for your kit. Your probaly thinking why would I want a AEM EMS for my greddy kit? Well you want this because you now have opened the door to upgrade your kit. Full-Race is no making a 30R that will fit your greddy manifold and this opens up the door for you to make 375whp (this will prolly be the max you could ever make). Going this route will allow you to have fun being boosted and allow you to save for a upgrade down the road. This way here you can't get over your head and your not hacking up things in the car and what not. This is a very simple kit to install.

If you decide you want to save then more power to you and congratulations for not settling for less then what you want. I'm over 50K deep into my s2k...I know every single piece your going to need to make the power you want and that your going to need to succesfully drive your car to the goal you want without worrying is it going to blow up. I'm working to have one of the fastest S2000's in the world and i'm not trying to bull shit you with what I think's best.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:37 AM

Well said sir. That is the most detailed well thought out explanation. Read over that and put forth alot of thought. Scott is a prime example he went with his kit and then made his numbers. Two weeks later he bought another turbo for more power. Take into consideration money, time, daily driver (down time) and knowledge. If you don't know alot about turbos then I would wait.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by icemans2k02,Oct 12 2010, 11:37 AM
Well said sir. That is the most detailed well thought out explanation. Read over that and put forth alot of thought. Scott is a prime example he went with his kit and then made his numbers. Two weeks later he bought another turbo for more power. Take into consideration money, time, daily driver (down time) and knowledge. If you don't know alot about turbos then I would wait.
Thanks bobby.

I really hope my post above solves every question you can think of.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting thread.

Old 10-14-2010, 07:01 AM

i'm debating buying a setup piece by piece now to build the kit i want as it will be achievable in my budget. however, this route will definitely take much longer. i'm not in any hurry to be out boosting on cold roads or cold tires anyways so i'm not really all that pressed for time. it's just a matter of finding compatible parts.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by marshman,Oct 14 2010, 09:01 AM
i'm debating buying a setup piece by piece now to build the kit i want as it will be achievable in my budget. however, this route will definitely take much longer. i'm not in any hurry to be out boosting on cold roads or cold tires anyways so i'm not really all that pressed for time. it's just a matter of finding compatible parts.
Great idea. Go that route as most people do there projects during the winter. As stated doing this you will do it right, now you did it right and save you from headaches in the future.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:34 AM

the only problem i could come across is that my gf sometimes complains saying that my car and research about it receives more attention than she does but hey... i've had the car since 2006. i've only had her since july... ha!

Quick Reply: thinking about getting this kit to start off