Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

ADELAIDE MEET

Old 01-26-2006, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking ADELAIDE MEET

As our summer weather produces the best evening temperatures for top down driving, it would be foolish to not take the opportunity to enjoy a drive, meet new faces, talk about our S experiences and have a drink/bite to eat.

As there isn't a strong group camaraderie here in Adelaide, I have taken the liberty of organising the event. All S owners in Adelaide, please mark this date in your calenders and I apologise now if this date/time will be inconvenient for some, but please understand that I am keen to get events happening here in Adelaide and for that I will not apologise.

I propose a evening meet @ 7:45pm at the Hackney Rd car park opposite Botanic Park. After a short meet-n-greet, then up to Mt Lofty Summit via Greenhill Road where we can enjoy the view, take a few happy snaps for the rest of the guys in the forum, and gather for that drink at the Summit Restaurant/Cafe/Bar.

Following that, time undecided, we can head back via the Princes Hwy and through the Heysen Tunnels(with VTEC humming ... of course).

Depending on enthusiasm the cruise could continue either through town or to the bay. I am up for suggestions there, as I'd already consider up to there a success, as this is the first meet I didn't want to scare too many off with too much driving, the main aim is to foster some enthusiasm for further meets.

So that's @ 7:45pm at the Hackney Rd car park opposite Botanic Park Saturday 11th Feb. And remember the more the merrier, inform all S owners you know and post your approval!
Old 01-26-2006, 07:40 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Damn, makes me wish I was in SA.
Old 01-27-2006, 06:49 AM

Sounds great but i work at my olds restaurant on Saturday nights (and Fridays) so i wont be able to make it .

Sunday days and some nights are preferable for me, but dont change it for me, i will probably slow down the cruise anyways.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:40 PM

Apex Al, thanks for going to the trouble to organise this. It's in my diary, so will be there...
Old 01-28-2006, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by PLES2K,Jan 27 2006, 07:49 AM
Sounds great but i work at my olds restaurant on Saturday nights (and Fridays) so i wont be able to make it .

Sunday days and some nights are preferable for me, but dont change it for me, i will probably slow down the cruise anyways.
Not to worry Ples I plan on making some day trips On Sundays say to the Barossa, etc Victor Harbor.
Great to hear your interested though keep checking back to see whats happening here and if you know any other S2ks tell them to look this thread up.
Also I dont think you'd be slowing us down. Other guys have quoted the same thing, I'm no speed racer myself speed limit only. Track days are another issue

BB398C thanks for the support welcome aboard!
Old 01-28-2006, 02:09 AM

DAMMIT, if It was just 1 week later, I'd fly back for my best mate's 21st and this meet... then I could transfer my license back to SA, and get my personalised plates too...
GAH!
Old 01-29-2006, 04:06 PM

I got dinner at Adelaide Motors on that night but might be able to catch up with you guys when you come down from the hill.

Can someone give me a call when you come down GO road or drop by Adelaide Motor?
Old 01-29-2006, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by honda9krpm,Jan 29 2006, 05:06 PM
I got dinner at Adelaide Motors on that night but might be able to catch up with you guys when you come down from the hill.

Can someone give me a call when you come down GO road or drop by Adelaide Motor?
I can give you a call. Although it maybe easier to just give you my phone number *check PMs* not knowing what time or where we may be at any given stage. Also what time are you presuming your dinner do will end?

Par4dox just move back to Adelaide and make it simple
Old 01-31-2006, 02:18 AM

Just out of interest, is there a big S presence in Adel?

btw if anyone is interested in going to Mallala for a hi performance driver education day in Mar 29 or 26th (cant remember off the top of my head) let me know....
Old 01-31-2006, 04:44 AM

if it's on Sunday the 26th Mar then I will stay back for that but I think it will be more than likely be on the Wed 29th Mar as this is usually the private day at Mallala. I am driving to Melb for the GP this year.

FunkyR, could you please double check the date?

Quick Reply: ADELAIDE MEET