Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Anyone want to Groupbuy Toda cam springs?

Old 10-27-2003, 06:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by tze
hmmm - 15-20rkw?? - Umm dunno if anyone has been following the toda cam thread in under the hood - but everyone there has been having huge problems in making gains with the cams -
that's the power gain from my friend's car
he had intake and JunBL complete exhaust system with the camshaft as well and gained near 20rwkw
Also check with qk2000, he using the toda cams atm.

which cam thread is that tze? Is it version 1 or 2 cams?
I need to catch up with readings again on this forum
Old 10-27-2003, 07:28 PM

in my opinion, i think ecu improves better power gain than installing a pair of toda cam. if what h9k said about the vale springs is true then i'm on a safe side cos i have them installed on both in/ex.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:09 PM
tze

HK9k - the thread i was referring to is the ver 2 cams which are more agressive than the ver 1 - definitely not a drop in a cam whatsoever -

Query what 20rkw is anyway on a dynodynamics (i presume?) what did he baseline dyno at?
Old 10-27-2003, 10:38 PM

Shadow dancer, I am definitely getting the valve spring at this stage. I have to think about the cams....need to do more research as no one has try Vortech + toda cam combination yet [/QUOTE]

If I want to get the manifold & cam shaft, will it count for GB discount as well

In regard of vortech & toda cam combination, you can PM Adrian to get more information. He has heaps of info in regard of this
Old 10-27-2003, 10:54 PM

this power gain was what my mate told me only
please don't quote me for it
It dynodynamics....base line of 124rwkw
Currently at around 144rwkw

It's not my car so I can not speak of this gain with confidence.
If there is any technical queries, please direct it to:
ADVAN - 137 Silverwater Rd, Silverwater. PH: 02 96471341
or
www.todaracing.com.au

I am at this stage only interested in the valve springs. I am keen to work with fireball's Ford head/technical mechanic to put the cams/valves/tapets in it's recommended specs. This guy is good and very precised. I am OCD when it comes to 9000 rpm redine now. You can't really tell how much error margin Honda factory has taken into consideration when these engines were built. However, after seeing a few engines' pics lately I am very concerned.

You can say that I am paranoid but it's $800 or $8000 for a second hand engine + a lot of headaches
Old 10-27-2003, 10:56 PM

Here is a thread of some toda products being tested in the US
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=657083
Old 10-29-2003, 12:44 AM

I'm in LA (Santa Monica) at the moment - if there is anythihng you want me to check it out (got a car here to drive around)- feel free to drop me a msg....I'll be flying off after Halloween party night...which is this coming Sunday (Aust time).....
Old 10-29-2003, 01:37 AM

Hi tom,
Nice to hear that you got there safely and having fun.
What car have you got overthere?

If you want to get the Vortech (cheapest price atm), call/go to
www.superchargersonline.com and talk to Trevor Kaplan. Tell him you know me and want to get the SC. It should be less than $USD 4000 with 3 years international warranty. Do it quick as it will take Vortech at least 1 week to build if they dont have it in stock. I think they have it in stock though.

You should also buy the 10:1 FMU disc with the kit as well. Get me one too if you do get the kit

I got the 4.44 crown wheel and pinion installed last friday. It's really good. Yes the car is faster than last time we went for a spin. I got this from ricks www.ricks2k.com You might like to drop by to have a look if its not too far out of your way.

4IGS2000 (aka brandon) is also in California. He has a lot of goodies that you will like....PM him and pay him a visit if you have time.

I don't think I need any thing else for my car atm except the Toda springs. I think Toda stuffs over there are too expensive with the current US dollar.

Damn I did not know you are so soon in US. Could of tell you all of this before you go.
Have a safe holiday.

Edited: sorry for the typo guys....