Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Best Exhaust System

Old 03-12-2014, 08:16 PM

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by 1RM
Spoon single does sound really good. I just don't like the idea of having the other side empty. Doesn't look good. That's the reason I prefer a dual.

Wtf is with the FX pro Js titanium at 2.5k if it's a subpar system?

I don't understand why anyone would buy Ti knowing that the longevity will be an issue (cracking etc)

From what you are all saying it's better to steal clear from Ti and Js racing Lol .?
Haha now you see my problem with J's stuff! I think for the price you can get something wayyyyy better. You're really just paying for the name when it comes to their exhausts.

I wouldn't say steer clear from Ti. I have a Ti exhaust on my car and it is incredibly sturdy and sounds amazing. Not to mention it weighs 9 pounds. You just have to make sure you know what kind of Ti you're getting, and have someone who knows how to weld Ti make it.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:45 PM
1RM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back to square one then. Are there any duals that are easily sourced for around 2k. Couldprobably pay a bit more if it was Ti???
Old 03-13-2014, 12:32 AM
Community Organizer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mugen. Light, sensible and does not drone
Old 03-13-2014, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by 1RM
Back to square one then. Are there any duals that are easily sourced for around 2k. Couldprobably pay a bit more if it was Ti???
Toda?
Old 03-13-2014, 04:49 PM
1RM

Hey guys,

Decided I am after a Spoon Street Single 70mm, if anyone has one or knows where I can find one please let me know.

Thanks

Edit found one in the US: http://www.gotuning.com/product_info...oducts_id=1308

Anyone know if I can source on in OZ?
Old 03-13-2014, 05:44 PM

Try perfectrun. Taki should be able to source it for you. He wouldnt have it in stock tho.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2014, 06:43 PM
1RM

Spoke to Jesse Streeter, apparently that exhaust is specifically for the US market. So not sure if Perfect Run can help. Worth a try though.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:49 PM

Ive got a 70RS J's racing dual, full titanium. Love it to bits, not loud, awesome low tone and nice and deep. paid a fortune for it tho lol
Old 03-14-2014, 02:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Js racing use a high quality of titanium. Its the thin wall and the vibration that causes the issues much like any titanium exhaust. Also in terms of bending and dinting, titanium is FAR worse then stainless. You can squeeze a titanium exhaust, such is the nature of the exhaust wall thickness. They have there time and place and in my opinion its not on a DD. But people do it and have no problems and others do it have problems and move on. Its like putting full aero on your street car and complaining that your fuel consumption has got a lot worse, it has its time and place.

My pick would be the spoon N1, sounds fantastic, not that loud and fits like a dream. Also through jessie streeter it comes at a good price. I think it weights almost 8 kg as well which is only 4 kg heavier then most Titanium systems. On paper, you could buy a decent seat with the spare change and save more in weight then just running the ti exhaust of your choice.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:03 AM

^ I would really like to see where you are getting your information, or if you're just saying it because you think that J's MUST use something high quality because it's J's. Not trying to be a jerk, I'm serious! I say this because yes Ti is often very thin wall, but this does NOT mean it has to be weak. It's almost entirely in the alloy used, and after seeing a J's I am convinced they use a cheaper, non "industry standard" alloy.

My personal exhaust uses 3AL American made Ti and is still very light but is incredibly strong. It cost less than a J's exhaust too, although with a muffler it would be about the same price.

I just feel like Ti gets a bad rap it does not deserve because of the material/welds many companies use.

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust System