Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Build Thread (NA Sprint Series Car)

Old 09-20-2012, 07:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I swapped back in my OEM fuel pump for my track session last night. I was carrying much more speed through the main left hander and running the car with just under half a tank. No fuel starvation issues at all! I think it must be mostly to do with the different size of the socks on the OEM vs the Aeromotive. See pics below;

The car felt epic over the bumps and the tyres have far more grip than my head can even comprehend using. I need to reprogramme my brain to utilise them fully. I managed to slash 2 seconds of my PB lap time on the Barbagallo short track, which is a lot considering it's a sub 1 min lap!
Old 10-03-2012, 08:49 PM

A few more updates from the last week. I have now got around to fitting the rear roll center adjusters. I wanted to get these in before I corner weight the car so that I don't have to do it again. So I started by removing the rear knuckle so I could press out this ball joint;

And replace it with this one;

When it's all back together it looks like this;

I also took this opportunity to re-do the rear springs. I put in some shorter Swift springs and also fitted the Swift helper spring. Whilst the springs were off I also cut the bumpstop in half to give me a little more compression travel.

Next on the to do list was my side impact protection (or lack of) issue. I just signed up for the next Rallysprint event and this requires a navigator. My wife happily volunteered to fill the role, but not with the doors as they were (she has an irrational fear of crashing ). We decided to weld in a diagonal chromoly bar using the orignal side impact bar mounts;

It came out quite nicely and doesn't weigh too much;

Big tip from me though... don't ever gut your doors like I have, unless you're building a full cage at the same time! This is probably the only "modification" I really regret doing to my car.

Last thing for now concerns oil starvation. Given the ridiculous cornering speeds I can now generate it's about time I fitted a baffle to my oil sump. I ordered the pre-welded one from BlackTrax as it is very reasonably priced and comes with a lifetime guarantee.

I haven't fitted this yet, but here are a few pics of the welds;

That's all for now. I'm off to setup the rear ride height correctly and corner weight the car. Then I shall sit around for a few months whilst I wait for my new Toyota 86 to arrive.... I wonder if a supercharger should be the first mod ??
Old 10-05-2012, 01:40 AM

Here's a very short video my friend put together of our session up at Barbagallo Raceway 2 weeks ago;

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy9YQGNjI6w[/media]
Old 10-05-2012, 01:56 AM

Sounds awesome! Love the flames.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:44 AM

\0/
Old 10-05-2012, 04:10 AM

You following the Evasive FRS build thread Mcopley?
Old 10-05-2012, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by Tassill
You following the Evasive FRS build thread Mcopley?
Not exactly... send me a link
Old 12-24-2012, 12:08 AM

Great thread. Glad to see race spec AUDM. Any Updates????

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-22-2013, 03:49 AM

So I finally acquired a GoPro so that I could start recording some in car footage. Here's my first attempt;

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS4Jtu8Cjj0&feature=youtu.be[/media]
Old 07-24-2013, 02:48 AM

Just read that you have some mis fire issue. Haltech has fixed this with the latest firmwire. Shoot them an email

Quick Reply: Build Thread (NA Sprint Series Car)