Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

HSCC members?

Old 03-20-2001, 03:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Membership money in the mail so I'm almost a member ... so, if everything goes well, then I'll see you at Calder. btw, 2kturkey, what did you do with your old tyres? If I thought of it earlier, I would have gladly taken them of your hands and used them as race tyres :-)

Also, are there going to e any other cars at Calder, or is it just S2000s?

ps. That $25k incident sounds nasty.
Old 03-20-2001, 02:24 PM

I am a member here in NSW. I am a proud driver of a Red Type R
Old 03-20-2001, 11:04 PM

Originally posted by DavidM
Membership money in the mail so I'm almost a member ... so, if everything goes well, then I'll see you at Calder. btw, 2kturkey, what did you do with your old tyres? If I thought of it earlier, I would have gladly taken them of your hands and used them as race tyres :-)

Also, are there going to e any other cars at Calder, or is it just S2000s?

ps. That $25k incident sounds nasty.
David, I left the tyres at Bridgestone in Altona - I thought about keeping them but realised I had no way of fitting them in the Stook to take them home and you were off on one of your (many) global jaunts .

On the day there will be S2000s and Integra Type Rs - there may even be an NSX or 2. All cars will be pretty evenly matched and everyone will drive pretty sensibly. The $25k incident involved a fair amount of front end damage. The driver was the only guy who came along on the day with all the goodies (strut tower braces, racing suit etc., claimed to have a lot of track experience) and proceeded to tell us all how good he was. He had his wife with him in the car videotaping the day and she actually videotaped the crash into the wall! She offered to sell the tape to the highest bidder but I think it ended up costing him a little on top of his accident damage to buy the tape too.
Old 03-21-2001, 02:10 AM

lol 2kturkey, I can just picture the guy all dressed up and equiped next to a smashed S2000 :-) ... it's always cases like that.

Shame that no other cars will be 'there' ... would have been nice to get some variety and see how the cars compare ... though, I suppose that's why it is a "Honda" day :-)

btw, I take it that other cars are not welcome ... I'm sure that I have a few friends who'd be happy to turn up to some of these things ... though, they don't have Hondas.
Old 03-21-2001, 02:36 AM

lol 2kturkey, I can just picture the guy all dressed up and equiped next to a smashed S2000 :-) ... it's always cases like that.

Shame that no other cars will be 'there' ... would have been nice to get some variety and see how the cars compare ... though, I suppose that's why it is a "Honda" day :-)

btw, I take it that other cars are not welcome ... I'm sure that I have a few friends who'd be happy to turn up to some of these things ... though, they don't have Hondas.
David, have a talk to Bill Yeland. I know we had a discussion on allowing other cars in and I think the consensus of opinion was that if we were short a few cars on the day then we would rather have other (non Honda) vehicles attending than charge each driver more for the track hire. The key issue is making sure that the other vehicles can lap in around the same time so we do not have too much passing going on.
Old 03-21-2001, 03:39 AM

The cars would be one/some of these:
- HSV R8
- WRX
- WRX STI
- MR2 ('94)
- TVR Cimmerra

I 'think' that speed would not be an issue. Though, I haven't spoken to anyone so I'm not sure who'd be available on this short notice ... still I could have some takers if I asked. I'm thinking more about future events.

Also, what would be the 'track fee' for these people (if you know)?

ps. What's the 'track fee' for members (ie. me)?
Old 03-21-2001, 02:58 PM

Wwhat would be the 'track fee' for these people (if you know)?

ps. What's the 'track fee' for members (ie. me)?
David, track fee for Calder is $130 for the day for members - I assume it would be the same for non-members for this event. However, as I say, they would probably accept other cars specifically for the Calder day (due to low numbers) but NOT at other future days.

The Winton day in December, for example, is being run by Honda directly, free of charge and exclusive to HSCC members.
Old 03-21-2001, 04:04 PM

So is Winton confirmed???????
Old 03-22-2001, 02:11 AM

OK, 2kturkey ... will leave 'other' cars out of it ... don't think I can get other people organized by Sunday ... in particualar concidering that I'm not going to be doing any 'hot lapping' myself.

Hey brock, you mentioned WRX days at the track - I'd like to come to one of these ... I could even bring a friend or two (slighlty modded WRX and an STI). When do you have another one happening? And would I (and other WRXs) e welcome?