Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Need a Reputable Exhaust Shop [VIC]

Old 01-07-2012, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will most shops use TIG or MIG?
Old 01-07-2012, 07:32 PM

Probably MIG with stainless wire. That's what the place did on mine. They just left the rest of the exhaust on the car and welded the mufflers on. It would be possible to TIG weld it but they'd have to unbolt it from the cat etc. Which will be more labour wise.

Check out a few places, if they are working on anything ask to watch I guess, (inspect their welds lol) If you decide to get it done wait around to inspect it before paying.

Shouldn't have any hassle really. Not a hard job
Old 01-07-2012, 08:42 PM

how loud does it get when you're not running mufflers off the stock system? I've booked my car on Monday to remove my BYS exhaust, mount my stock ones on and take off the rear mufflers... vyets comments have inspired me.. lol. i just don't want drone.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:58 PM

Running w/o mufflers may cause the car to loose back pressure and possibly run lean. Not 100% sure but you may also need to retune it. Not to mention the cops will love to send you to the EPA. An aftermarket exhaust for a reasonable price with the least drone is the Invidia Q300.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:15 PM

No drone at 3000rpm or so with a tiny bit of throttle applied. Everywhere else there is a bit of drone, lots of deceleration drone if you're high in the RPM band. All my friends and people I have met love the sound, I find it too loud. In the high rpms when you're going for it, sounds pretty wicked. However, I don't want the attention, and the EPA will love to get you for it too! It is loud. Seriously loud. My friend has a J's 60RR and it's louder apparently.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:19 PM

Don't think running lean would be an issue in modern day cars... ecu will compensate... and backpressure wouldn't be a problem either... it's more exhaust velocity... and plus having a cat there, i think that would be the rate limiting step anyway.

I don't think we can really tune our cars unless we have a piggyback system or something right?

Well is it loud enough to catch the attention of cops - when just driving normally.. 3-4k shifts etc.?
Old 01-07-2012, 11:31 PM

It is substantially louder than stock ever at 3-4k shifts. It will grab attention depending on how you use your throttle. The sound will turn heads though.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:32 PM

I don't think it's as obscene as an ASM siren, J's 70RR or VS Teardrop, but it is pretty loud.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:58 AM

Ah I forgot to add Neuspeed also have a catback that's pretty quiet. Just get the stock mufflers put on.
Cheapest and safest way I guess.

Good luck with whatever you do.
Old 01-08-2012, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by VtecYo!
Ah I forgot to add Neuspeed also have a catback that's pretty quiet. Just get the stock mufflers put on.
Cheapest and safest way I guess.

Good luck with whatever you do.
Thanks mate!

Quick Reply: Need a Reputable Exhaust Shop [VIC]