Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

By way of introduction

Old 12-09-2006, 11:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default By way of introduction

Hey guys

Before i start, let me just say I love the site and the Aussie forums. I am a total fan of the car and simply cannot control myself in my nervous appreciation of getting one.

A little about me...
- name's Dylan, 28 yr old sydney-sider
- Run my own sales development company (less than one year old so very time and cash intensive)
- Paralysed with personal debt
- In absolute love with the best NA 2ltr production car ever.

In my honest (and worst case) opinion, I believe I'll be in a S2K by about April at worst. I'll be expecting some big commissions, and if they come thru I can get my dream car. And so, here's where I'd like to ask some questions:

1) When I am ready, can I ask some folks to come with me during the purchase to make sure I buy the best car?
2) This one is tough - I can't stand the Silverstone colour and therefore could only buy two colours, black or red. Black is first priority by a country mile too - does this make my search nigh on impossible?
3) How often are the meets? When i get one I can guarantee I will be looking to meet up with you all and exchange mod stories, etc.
4) Just wanna make sure, does "Ricing it up" mean to give it an Asian-inspired look?

oh, btw, S2000 FTW!!
Old 12-10-2006, 03:54 AM

ok. welcome firstly.

i think you should buy later than april, when the weather is a bit colder, as the good versions stay on the market a bit longer and you have more room to negotiate.

silverstone isn't a colour that people fall in love with but its not exactly a colour people would hate either. it could be a cheaper colour than the others. i think a black is a good choice, but if you could find a white one then that'll be awesome

but just to answer your questions

1) yeah sure. i'd tag along, although i think there'd be more experienced members here but i'm more than willing to offer any help.

2) black and red do come on the market quite often. for some reason the reds seem to be priced quite low. just from recent New Formula Reds sold, it seems they fetch around that of silverstones or even lower

3) the meets are around every 3 months or so. we could be due for another meet around January (hopefully). i'm sure you can find a passenger seat in someones ride for the day

4) ricing refers to giving the car mods that do absolutely nothing to perform. mostly visual mods. shopping lifts on the side of doors, bad colour resprays, chromies, etc
Old 12-10-2006, 10:02 AM

Welcome to the forum.

Don't forget you can get Suzuka blue too. Much rarer than the other colours and only availabe in 03+
Old 12-10-2006, 12:07 PM

According to Honda Aust website, current Blues are Nuerburgring Blue and Bermuda Blue.

Early models has a dark blue called Monte Carlo Blue. I'm not sure about Suzuka Blue here in Aust.
Old 12-10-2006, 01:03 PM

same as Nuerburgring
Old 12-10-2006, 02:57 PM

'99 colours were black, white, silverstone, red, blue (I think that was all)

how tall are you?
Old 12-10-2006, 03:22 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by fisting dwarves,Dec 11 2006, 09:57 AM
how tall are you?
Don't answer that. It's not the sort of S2ki introduction you're after.
Old 12-10-2006, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by chicken8,Dec 10 2006, 10:54 PM
silverstone isn't a colour that people fall in love with
Where do you get BS like that?

Keep in mind when the S was first released you ordered it from the factory and waited 8 months for it to be delivered. The fact that there are so many silverstone Ss from 2000 shows that a lot of people (including me) loved the colour enough to order it off the spec sheet.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:06 PM

r u saying that now. after 6yrs of ownership u like silverstone more than any other colour?
Old 12-10-2006, 05:17 PM

Nope. I would prefer yellow, but it wasn't available when i ordered.

But Silverstone is my next choice above the others.

Quick Reply: By way of introduction