Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

What are we allowed to post, Tifosi?

Old 03-27-2003, 02:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are we allowed to post, Tifosi?

This is a serious question.

I think that by and large, we all respect your request for us to keep topics on-topic.

That said, this board is also a community for the Australian S2000 owners. If we are to keep all posts only on S2000 related issues, that will see interest in this board disappearing. I did not see this on an issue until I saw that one of the other moderators had deleted another post.

Current world affairs will always be of interest to people. Political posts are interesting to all until someone loses control and a bunfight starts. Many of us have been guilty of this. A debate surely cannot be a problem but when it starts getting personal, that is an issue.

So.....the question to you is what are you going to permit? Is it the objective of the people who manage this board to quieten the Aussies? You can certainly achieve this by forcing posts to be only S2000 related.
Old 03-27-2003, 08:27 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can find the Forum rules at this link - Forum Posting Rules

Why the before mentioned post was deleted (assuming the insurance post)?

From the Rules listed below

KEEP YOUR POSTS CLEAN

There may be places where explicit, obscene or vulgar language, graphics or behavior is appropriate however S2000 International is not one of them. Discussion forum posts that contain explicit, obscene or vulgar language will be removed. Similarly, discussion forum posts that solicit or offer explicit or X-rated images or similar content files will be deleted without notice!

I believed that some of the name calling and "implied" although "specific" references to certain Aussie members sexual orientation fell into the the above rule - "vulgar language"

If you read through the rules you will find that there is nothing that specifically prohibits the posting of and subsequent discussion of political topics. We understand that this forum is logical place for such discussion - it allows you to discuss things with like minded people (those of us with rainbow shaped tachometers that are typically well illuminated) who also live in Australia.

The trick of having such discussions is to keep it clean, intelligent and most importantly respectful. Unfortunately this has so far not been the case with some threads regarding recent world events due to the emotional position most have - for or against. As is such the operators of the board have decided to not allow such discussions as a blanket policy since it would be difficult to police every suspect post before it had a chance of upsetting another member of the community. This forum is actually not one of the forums that prompted the decision - "believe it or not"

That being said - the thread that was deleted was not deleted because it was off-topic. It was deleted because it was much simpler to delete the thread than to edit 4-6 individual posts.

As long as everyone follows the rules listed below there should not be any issues with discussing non-S2000 related topics.

Let me know if this makes sense or it I have further confused the situation. After all my Australian is a little rusty (need to schedule another diving trip to the GBR ).

[B][I]The S2KI Posting Rules:

This is a community of Honda S2000 enthusiasts. We encourage participation and the goal of the community is to enhance the ownership of your Honda S2000. Respect your fellow enthusiasts in the same manner you wish to be respected. It is good practice when you write to use emotion icons if you think someone might take something you say offensively.

RESPECT IS THE KEY

The S2000 Community is a place where it's okay to be yourself -- be that harried, jovial, silly or sad -- as long as you always act with respect towards your fellow enthusiasts.
WELCOME NEWCOMERS

When newcomers arrive, welcome them to our growing community. Many of our community's "elders" (regardless of age) are a wealth of knowledge and have much to share. Help new members learn about how to find information and resources, save time, and how to get involved in the community.

DON'T ATTACK EACH OTHER

Don't attack others. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult and/or personal attack.

KEEP YOUR POSTS CLEAN

There may be places where explicit, obscene or vulgar language, graphics or behavior is appropriate however S2000 International is not one of them. Discussion forum posts that contain explicit, obscene or vulgar language will be removed. Similarly, discussion forum posts that solicit or offer explicit or X-rated images or similar content files will be deleted without notice!

BE COURTEOUS: AVOID DUPLICATE POSTS

Do not post the same discussion more than once on a discussion forum or on many forums. Duplicate discussions can be frustrating for other members, especially for those whose time and energy is limited. Weeding through the same discussion in multiple locations can be not only be frustrating, but down right annoying. Duplicate discussions will be deleted. Reposting the same message repeatedly can be interpreted as SPAM.

ADVERTISING

Advertising is prohibited on the forums, only paying sponsors may advertise. You will be issued a warning if you do not follow these rules.

ADVERTISING: Event Promotion

Any postings to promote any event which requires membership in any club to attend or offers discounts to club members on entry fees will be allowed only if paid S2KI Members and Gold Members are allowed to attend with out any additional membership charges or requirements. The hosting club is required to extend those same benefits to our members as they do to theirs for the duration of the advertised event.

Events that do not charge membership fees are allowed to advertise their events.

SIGNATURES

Each member has the ability to display a signature, which may include an image. Please keep your signature small to save bandwidth. Please keep your signature clean, just like the posts.

WE RESERVE THE RIGHT

S2000 International directors and agents reserves the right to remove a post, which does not relate to the topic being discussed in the forum. In addition, S2000 International reserves the right to organize discussion forums in order to best serve the majority of our community. For example, narrow-interest or minimal activity topics may, at agent
Old 03-27-2003, 08:41 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you would like to participate in discussions regarding some of the current happenings to can do so at -

http://www.touchytopic.com/viewforum.php?f=12

Most of the people that go to this site are in fact S2KI members.
Old 03-28-2003, 10:42 PM

Thanks for that, wlaurent.
Old 03-31-2003, 03:20 AM
CKY

I think if the threads were properly read perhaps you would of understood the humour in them as well as the annoyance
Old 03-31-2003, 05:03 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Perhaps if they were properly written we would have understood them.

I confess I failed to see any humour in either your threats or your insults, either publically or in PM's.
Old 03-31-2003, 12:45 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Going to another board to discuss issues of community interest is like turning up at the wrong house for a party. None of your friends are there.
Old 03-31-2003, 01:23 PM

And please do not hijack threads! This has happened to two of my recent threads and I am not very happy about that.
Old 03-31-2003, 01:29 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I had a look around that other BBS and it's pretty serious. Some fairly fanatical anti-western ideas there. I doubt any reasonable discussion could survive long.
Old 03-31-2003, 02:18 PM
Muz
Former Sponsor

Originally posted by AusS2000
I had a look around that other BBS and it's pretty serious. Some fairly fanatical anti-western ideas there. I doubt any reasonable discussion could survive long.
All I could see was a couple of S2ki guys discussing Christianity, idolatry etc. Didn't seem too fanatical to me. Did I miss something or am I a closet radical?

Quick Reply: What are we allowed to post, Tifosi?