Australia & New Zealand S2000 Owners Members from the land downunder.

Winton - 9th December

Old 11-11-2001, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As per Dan's suggestion, here is a new thread on questions and all that about the Winton day.

Be there or be square!

Here is a teaser, this is what we'd like to see!!!

Old 11-11-2001, 09:59 PM

The HSCC newsletter mentiones filling in a form and getting it back to HSCC. How do we get it 'back' there? Can I just fax it somewhere?

ps. So there's no chance of bringing someone with a non-Honda car? He's willing to pay a fair fee :-)
Old 11-11-2001, 10:28 PM

DavidM,

Bring the form with you on the day is the easy way. If you look into the details of the entry form (at the back of the newsletter) you'll see the return name & address. Either way, do send someone a notification that you're coming so that they can adequately plan for the catering.

Sorry, strictly Hondas only. This is a Honda sponsored event. He who pays the piper calls the tune.
Old 11-12-2001, 12:17 PM

What are people planning to do - drive up on the Sunday morning, or drive up on the Saturday and stay in Benalla for the night? From what I understand it is about a 2.5 hour drive from Melbourne to Winton...

I have PMed BillyBlue about an extinguisher and bracket, but at this stage he has none in stock and his contact that was producing the brackets has gone out of business...
Old 11-12-2001, 12:27 PM

Alister et al,

In the past I have usually driven up early morning on the day. This means a 6.00am departure.

At the last HSCCV meeting there was talk of a group of people driving up on the Saturday afternoon and staying at a motel in Benalla overnight. This way they could have a drive around on the saturday afternoon and then get together for a dinner on Saturday night.

At the go-kart event on 21st November we should have a large enough group to talk about this and start to organise something.
Old 11-12-2001, 01:27 PM

Richard & I will be driving up Sunday morning. We would be interested in meeting somewhere and driving with others.

The good thing about a 6am start is it is less likely that there will be other traffic or boys in blue on the road.

Chris
Old 11-12-2001, 05:40 PM

One way to go is directly up the Hume Freeway. This is the shortest way in both time and distance.

For those who enjoy a bit more variety you can go up through Whittlesea and Yea. From Yea you can either go through Bonnie Doon and then up the Midland Highway or else you can head west on the Goulburn Valley Highway and meet the freeway again at Seymour.

For residents of the far eastern suburbs the Maroondah highway is a good option. The Black Spur should not be crowded with traffic at such an early hour. Another alternative is to go up through St Andrews & Kinglake and then join the Melba Highway to Yea.

Potential meeting spots could be............

For Hume Highway McDonalds at Melways map 7 F6

For Whittlesea South Morang Reserve Melways map 183 F11

For Maroondah Highway either Lilydale shopping centre or Shell service station map 38 H3

For St Andrews route Eltham railway station parking lot Map 21 K5

I guess we need to see how many people are interested and what the majority preference is for the route. Those that like to sleep in to the last possible minute will need to go via the Hume highway.
Old 11-12-2001, 07:52 PM

Both times I went to Phillip Island I drove up on the day in the morning. It was an early start, but I prefer to save the money on the hotel costs and spend that money on the car

But in the morning I like to take the direct route. On teh way back you can take the twisty scenic route if you're not too tired.

that's my recommendation, and that's what I'll be doing. At 6am on Sunday morning you can go at a fairly "good" pace. Caulfield to Phillip Island in 70 mins is pretty good I think.
Old 11-12-2001, 09:33 PM

I am a new member here and a new member with HSCC, I've just posted the form to their office, I hope it will do me for that day. I just wonder how come I've never received any membership card or no. from them? How do they know I have joined them or I am one of their member on that track day?
Old 11-13-2001, 02:33 AM

Welcome to whtdc2!

You are not alone regarding the 'no membership' card problem. Several of us don't have ours yet, but I'm hoping we'll all sort it out soon!

Make sure you come to Winton! It will be an amazing day I'm sure.

Quick Reply: Winton - 9th December