Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

Ferrari in possible trouble, says Fireboy (Lauda)

Old 09-19-2006, 07:43 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ferrari in possible trouble, says Fireboy (Lauda)

I think Niki is very right... ha ha ha ha ha

Former world champion Niki Lauda believes Ferrari could fall apart in the next few years, and Kimi Raikkonen is not the man to help rebuild the Italian team.

And the Austrian has warned the Finnish driver of the Italian media, telling Raikkonen that any scandal in his personal life will be magnified by the local press.

"Ferrari will need to rebuild themselves," Lauda wrote in his column for German magazine Focus. "Question is, will they rebuild as well as they did with Michael, or will it be the same old Italian chaos? Kimi must be careful that, after Michael, everything won't fall to pieces.

"It may happen, even more so because one thing is for sure: Raikkonen can drive fast, but he can't do anything else, so Ferrari must give him a complete car.

"It worked at McLaren, but they're not an emotional team like Ferrari. The Italians, by contrast, need the human component, and Michael was ideal for this. He could get the whole thing working. I can't see Kimi doing the same."

Lauda, who won two of his three championship titles with Ferrari, in 1975 and 1977, is also wary of Raikkonen's personal habits and how he may be perceived by the Italian press.

"Michael has managed to survive the press for 11 years with his private life," Lauda wrote. "Raikkonen will have to be able to do that as well.

"Italy is fully behind Ferrari, emotionally. But if they don't win, as it also happened to Schumacher, and if Kimi was found drunk, the effect would be ten times more negative than elsewhere.

"Italians look for excuses by nature, because they try to avoid being guilty themselves. And that's why Kimi risks a lot: one beer too many and he becomes the scapegoat for everything, even though he's innocent. But try explaining that to the Italian fans..."

KR picks the WRONG team, all you tifosi can hope KR will change
But before you hold your breathe..read this:

Kimi Raikkonen will not be immersed in the Ferrari team to the extent that Michael Schumacher has been, the Finn's friend and FIA GT driver Toni Vilander has warned.

The two Finnish drivers are good friends, and Vilander, who is racing in the FIA GT round in Mugello this weekend, believes Raikkonen will do enough to win the Formula One championship - but in a markedly different method to Schumacher.

"How will the Ferrari team be with Kimi? Very different from Schumacher's," the Finn told Italy's Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Let's not forget that Michael arrived at Ferrari together with people who had already worked with him at Benetton. Kimi, by contrast, doesn't know anyone.

"On top of that, Kimi's less of a perfectionist, and he will not visit the factory as often. However, I'm sure it will be enough to win the championship."

Vilander added that Raikkonen, who often visits the FIA GT rounds to offer support for his Finnish mate, elected to stay away from the Italian round to avoid the frenzy of the local press.

"After the announcement of him going to Ferrari, he's afraid there might be a bit of a fuss," Vilander explained.

you guys better all pray for FM, he is your only chance!!!!

BTW, Did I mention Sir JB and the Honda Racing F1 team will win all 17 or 18 races in 2007?? If not my appologises:

Sir JB and the Honda Racing F1 Team will win all 17 or 18 races in 2007

Old 09-19-2006, 12:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of that is undoubtedly true. Kimi doesn't pay much attention to McClaren's testing so why should it be different at Ferrari? But it is not as if Ferrari is a team in need of anything other than good driving. Their car reliability has been great. I wonder if Kimi's bad mechanical luck will follow him?

I kind of chuckle, wondering what Kimi's dialog during car set-up must be like. He is so low-key and few-words whenever he's interviewed I imagine his talk with engineers, "yeah, it pushes a bit."
Old 09-19-2006, 12:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Penforhire,Sep 19 2006, 04:10 PM
"yeah, it pushes a bit."
Yeah on a really talkitive day!!!
Old 09-20-2006, 04:39 AM

These things may be true and make you happy.

For me these things may be true and make me sad.

F1 is like life, there will always be highs and lows.

The one thing you cannot take away from us Tifosi' though, we are coming from the highest high ever in F1, the MS & Ferrari stats may never be broken.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by Marco,Sep 19 2006, 10:43 AM
"It worked at McLaren, but they're not an emotional team like Ferrari. The Italians, by contrast, need the human component, and Michael was ideal for this. He could get the whole thing working. I can't see Kimi doing the same."

"Italians look for excuses by nature, because they try to avoid being guilty themselves. And that's why Kimi risks a lot: one beer too many and he becomes the scapegoat for everything, even though he's innocent. But try explaining that to the Italian fans..."
stereotyping.... I think Lauda was smoking something when he said half that stuff....

Just who else other than the drivers can give the engineers/mechanics feedback????? If KR is half pissed all the time, you think it's the team's fault????

MS has proven that with the right feedback, the Ferrari engineers/mechanics can build a great car. Same engineers/mechanics, different driver - I guess it's the all the Italians on the team fault if the car isn't a winner! Ya, I remember the team blaming MS for the crap season they had last year....

So - why has McLaren not won championships with KR???? McLaren are non-Italians, so they have no emotions, so they should be able to build a car without driver feedback. Oh that's right the McLaren built by non-Italians kept failing! What was Lauda saying?

No disrespect to the people of the nation that built that car - this is just an example.

If anyone is risking something here, it is Ferrari....
Old 09-20-2006, 10:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Sep 20 2006, 08:39 AM
us Tifosi'
No offense Doug, but IMO you are at most marginal Tifosi.
Matrix is Tifosi, he cheers 1 team and 1 team only
you cheer more than 1 even though several will never win.
But cheering Ferrari and Renault at same time is like cheering for the Democrats and Republicans at the same time

I might enjoy pissing on ANY person who doesnt worship the Honda Racing F1 Team, but to those that believe in ONE team, i at least respect them.
Im not saying I dont respect you, just that IMO you have absilutely NO right to call yourself Tifosi
Old 09-20-2006, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Marco,Sep 20 2006, 01:27 PM
No offense Doug, but IMO you are at most marginal Tifosi.
Matrix is Tifosi, he cheers 1 team and 1 team only
you cheer more than 1 even though several will never win.
But cheering Ferrari and Renault at same time is like cheering for the Democrats and Republicans at the same time

I might enjoy pissing on ANY person who doesnt worship the Honda Racing F1 Team, but to those that believe in ONE team, i at least respect them.
Im not saying I dont respect you, just that IMO you have absilutely NO right to call yourself Tifosi
I don't think you get it honestly. I know this might be beyond your scope of reasoning, but there is more to Ferrari than just F1. There is Ferrari history, and there is that small thing they do regarding street cars...

This to me is the holy grail of cars, the 1962 Ferrari GTO. My infection for all things Ferrari was actually started by this one car as a small child, and when I saw my 1st one in person many, many years later I nearly cried, the emotions just overwhelmed me. Even today, when I see a pic of the original GTO I believe I'm looking at one of the best designs to even get created by man.

In addition this under appreciated little jewel of a car is just another I have fallen in love with. However, regarding this little creation, I can claim not only having the opportunity to take a nap in the driver's seat, but also the joy of driving it. The Dino.

I work in the advertising field and because of this, the following facts just blow me away. Ferrari is the most recognized brand in the world. Ferrari has never advertised. The fame, fortune and everything else has come from basically word of mouth, which is awesome. A bit scary when you consider what that would do to my industry if others could pull it off, but I doubt they can.

Those are just 3 little examples. Calling me marginal Tifosi' I'm sorry, just shows the incompleteness of your grasp on reality.

Think Janis Joplin - Oh lord, won't you buy me a Ferrari 355, Oh lord, won't you buy me a Ferrari 355...

Old 09-20-2006, 03:43 PM

"Even today, when I see a pic of the original GTO I believe I'm looking at one of the best designs to even get created by man."

+1 !!!!
Old 09-20-2006, 04:59 PM
Banned

Doug, you forgot that Ferrari Jacuzzi!!!!!!
Old 09-24-2006, 08:34 PM

Received 4,960 Likes on 3,005 Posts

Marco,

I fail to see the humor in your title. Had you stood with me at the Glen in '76, just weeks after his disaster and saw up close how his face was burnt, I am sure you wouldn't either.