Auto Racing Discussion F1, IRL, Champ Car, Nascar, WRC, BTCC, etc. Discuss recent races, results.

LH penalty

Old 09-11-2008, 07:11 AM

Received 225 Likes on 159 Posts

Nicely put.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:34 AM

Received 4,999 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Originally Posted by JonBoy,Sep 11 2008, 10:11 AM
Nicely put.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mikegarrison for president!
Old 09-11-2008, 08:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PilotSi,Sep 10 2008, 06:58 PM
Instead, after saying that the pass was okay, they {FIA} come back 2 hours after the race to say that the pass was an advantage and took his win away? Would you ever see a win stripped at an NFL game 2 hours after the game is over? That's just silly.

I just know that the FIA, with this decision, is slowly but surely killing the racing in F1. Why can't race car drivers race anymore these days?
Old 09-11-2008, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Birel186,Sep 10 2008, 10:07 PM
common sense isn't so common.
My father always used to say "Common sense in an uncommon manner, is called wisdom."

Old 09-11-2008, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by mikegarrison,Sep 11 2008, 09:49 AM
Leaving aside the people for whom the accuracy of the decision is totally an outcome of who it favors (and we know who you are, even if you don't recognize it), there are two camps.
Actually, no, there are 3 camps, and almost every person in Camp A and Camp B comes over to Camp C.

Camp C is for those who think the FIA and their stewards frequently make really strange decisions and penalties. There is a lack of consistency to the severity of the punishment as it pertains to the severity of the infraction.

Old 09-11-2008, 08:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by matrix,Sep 10 2008, 10:53 PM
I am losing credibility?????

Ya because whomever they asked twice would have had time to review it on the spot! TWICE during the last 2 laps that had more action that the entire race.

Do you know whether the person they asked actually saw what happened or did McLaren just say, we gave the position back? Oh wait, we don't know that now do we....

But I am pretty sure that they did not have time to pull tape, find the spot and review it TWICE before the race ended about 3 minutes later.

Yes, I am losing credibility...
Don't mind them...the ones losing credibility are the LH buttwipers that come to his aid and clean up his diarrhea no matter how wretched it is.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H,Sep 11 2008, 09:25 AM
Actually, no, there are 3 camps, and almost every person in Camp A and Camp B comes over to Camp C.

Camp C is for those who think the FIA and their stewards frequently make really strange decisions and penalties. There is a lack of consistency to the severity of the punishment as it pertains to the severity of the infraction.

Camp C is not exclusive to A and B. It is a superset.
Old 09-11-2008, 08:39 AM
Banned

Fernando Alonso...the best F1 driver on the grid agrees with the penalty. LH fans its ok...you can go back to the LH's pantry and ready more diapers.

Alonso: Hamilton penalty was deserved

By Edd Straw Thursday, September 11th 2008, 13:21 GMT

Double world champion Fernando Alonso believes Lewis Hamilton deserved the penalty that cost the McLaren driver victory in the Belgian Grand Prix.

Alonso said he fully supported the FIA stewards' decision to hit Hamilton with a 25-second penalty, which handed victory to Felipe Massa, because he felt there was no doubt he gained an advantage.

"Yes, I totally agree," he said of the stewards' decision. "Lewis had an advantage by doing that. If he did the chicane properly, he would never have crossed the line one metre behind Kimi. You lose five or ten metres and then you cannot overtake in Turn 1.

"We always said we would give back the position, but at the same time as giving back the position you cannot take advantage of what you did one corner before. If you give back the position, take the slipstream and overtake the guy into the next corner you still have an advantage because of what you did.

"These escape roads are just for safety. You need to imagine that before there would have been a wall, and if there is a wall you cannot use that part of the track."

The Spaniard added that his former teammate should have hung back and taken the chance to overtake Raikkonen later in the race.

"There were two or three laps to the end, many more corners to overtake at with the condition of the circuit. It was clear for me that it was not the right moment to overtake. The stewards take their decisions and they have been very strict this year. They are very hard but consistent."

Alonso added that he was not surprised McLaren opted to protest the decision.

"No," he said when asked by autosport.com whether he was surprised about the their appeal. "They did this last year and they always used to do this kind of thing."

Alonso also believes that Hamilton's penalty could have helped him to claim his first win of the season had he opted to pit for wet tyres a lap earlier.

"I think winning the race was possible because Massa won the race at the end and finished nine seconds ahead of Nick Heidfeld. I was quite a bit ahead of Heidfeld - more than nine seconds - so maybe I could have overtaken Massa at that point and then maybe with Lewis's penalty I would have won the race."
Old 09-11-2008, 08:39 AM
Banned

I know...being wrong hurts. Once a 2x WDC chimes in on the matter...its over for you that do not agree with the penalty.

Its ok...your momma's still love you.