Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

0bsolete's back to basics build thread; less is more.

Old 07-26-2018, 06:13 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RAizzle
Looks perfect! Man, I need a CR lip.
Get one while you still can from Honda

A few photos from Wekfest Seattle from this past weekend and how she currently sits.

Old 07-26-2018, 04:12 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Sad I missed that show. Oh well. Next year.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:52 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

WTF is Expreme? LOL

Car looks great!!
Old 08-29-2018, 01:55 PM

I found a nice set of CR wheels for a decent price so I couldn't resist picking them up to help complete the CR look. I'm always looking for ways to enhance driving experience, even though this car is known for it right out of the factory. I decided to pair up the Renegade Short Shifter along with Ingalls Engine Torque Damper to see if I could improve the shifting experience. Don't get me wrong I've driven a ton of cars, but the feeling of an S2000 shifter is miles ahead of any competitors. I didn't think there could be much to improve on it, but I did some research on the Renegade short shifter and said why not, lets give it a try. Needless to say, I was impressed which doesn't come by easily. The feeling of this shifter is very mechanical and the response is amazing. It's not a product for everybody nor is it necessary, but its for those who are seeking what the S2000 could have been if budgeting wasn't a question. I had my Ingalls ETD powdercoated black and installed it after getting used to the shifter. The outcome of it wasn't as drastic, but I could feel more power being put into the ground and the drivetrain was slightly smoother. I would highly recommend pairing these two modifications together.

Last edited by 0bsolete; 08-30-2018 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-30-2018, 08:25 AM
Site Moderator

Hm I have been curious of the short shifter.
Old 08-31-2018, 06:15 AM

The rave reviews it gets is all true. Tech day is coming up, so you could have a chance to try it out. I should be there if the weather permits.
Old 08-31-2018, 08:00 AM
Site Moderator

Hows the install? And yeah I may be there not sure yet.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:42 AM

The install was simple, probably a 2/10 difficulty. The only time I really had to think about it was applying the OEM Honda Urea grease, asking myself where and how generous I should be. The original shifter came out nicely and it was a direct swap. Renegade supplies an install manual on their website that came in handy.
Old 02-22-2019, 07:54 AM

There were a set of seats that I've been constantly looking for on yahoo japan auctions. As soon as saw a set pop up, I had to have them. I contacted Jesse Streeter, the liaison who funds all of our impulse buys on the otherside of the world, and purchased them immediately. They've been sitting for around 6 months now and I have been looking for the time to get them installed. The seat brackets are for a RHD car so they'll need to be swapped with my current seat brackets, as well as some sensors it looks like. I had a custom set of interior bits (leather door panel inserts, shift boot cover, and leather arm rest piece) made to try and match the saddle brown that the OEM seats came in, but the color was way off. So if anyone knows of any interior shops local to Seattle, WA that might be fit for the job, shoot them over my way!

The following users liked this post:
S2KRIO (11-13-2019)
Old 02-22-2019, 08:16 AM

A few months ago I sold my WRX and picked up its bigger brother, a completely stock 2007 STI in Satin White Pearl with 80k miles. We had the nastiest snowstorm here just recently and I had the chance to put it to the test. Granted it came with almost brand new tires, it didn't have me stuck once. The build is going to follow in the same footsteps as the S2000, less is more. In Japan, there was a limited model called the STI Spec C Type RA (Record Attempt) that Subaru used to try to set a new record on the Nurburgring for the WRX/STI. Some of these cars were put into production which is where my build inspiration will come from.

Last edited by 0bsolete; 02-22-2019 at 08:20 AM.

Quick Reply: 0bsolete's back to basics build thread; less is more.