Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

1 Owner, 15k Miles, Spa Yellow - Build Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 01:56 PM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

This thread is making me very happy about buying a Mugen AP1 exhaust.
Old 01-30-2018, 03:50 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Looks clean! That paint correction did wonders.

How do you like the Fortune Auto set up? I'm running something very similar (9k/9k without the swift springs) and curious to hear how you like them.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Norby
Car is beginning to look tremendous!
Where did you order an OEM lip from?
Message me to discuss.

Originally Posted by tama05

The car looks great man, quality parts along with maintenance and cleaning has me really enjoying this build. I’m ready to see this with the lip and hardtop, those two pieces will complete the look on this car perfectly.
I’m ready to see it as well.

Originally Posted by Stealth2k02
Wow!!!! Now that is a clean and simple build!! I need to work on mine now. Loving the wheel set up. No fender rolling?
No fender work.

Originally Posted by WidebodyEK
Looks clean! That paint correction did wonders.

How do you like the Fortune Auto set up? I'm running something very similar (9k/9k without the swift springs) and curious to hear how you like them.
The initial ride home was on 4 from full soft all around, and I thought it felt bouncy. Changed to 18 front, 12 rear, and it feels very good. I haven’t spent much time driving on them yet so I’ll give an update down the road. I did have the same coils on my eg hatch (different rates) and they performed amazing.

Originally Posted by RogueMotorsports
Plenty of fender clearance in the rear?
Yes. Might run wider tire when it’s time to replace these.

Last edited by mkluge84; 01-31-2018 at 06:16 PM.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:27 AM

-- UPDATES --

Hello all. Sorry for the lack of updates. Work has been very busy, and the car hasn't been getting much use or attention. Last week I received my Mugen SS Rear Spoiler. It is currently at the body shop getting painted. I will be sure to post pictures of the spoiler, the install, etc soon as I get it back in my hands. During the next couple weeks I will also be doing an oil change, diff fluid change, tranny fluid change, installing the test pipe, and taking the brake calipers off to begin the restoration. I will be sure to take detailed pictures of this process as well.

If you are interested in more updates or seeing more pictures please check out my Instagram @mkluge84 .

Last edited by mkluge84; 02-01-2018 at 11:29 AM.
Old 02-01-2018, 04:05 PM
Community Organizer

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

nice builds sir! for your choices in parts. looking forward to more updates.
Old 02-13-2018, 08:50 AM

-- FLUID CHANGE / TEST PIPE INSTALL / SPOILER PROGRESS / NEW WHEELS --

Good afternoon all.

Last week we did a fluid change on the car. Motul 90PA was utilized in the rear diff, Motul 8100 5w30 for the motor, and Honda MTF for the transmission. All the fluids looked very clean (expected for such a low mileage vehicle) but I'd rather know that good quality and clean fluids are in there. While the car was in the air we got the test pipe installed as well. I feel like the test pipe was the missing piece. Very happy with the results! I will get a sound clip once the weather permits it.

The body shop still has the spoiler. I went there last week to check on their progress and was very pleased with the quality of prep work, and their first few attempts at the color matching. I am hoping to have it back in my hands next week.

Last week I also received a new set of wheels. Mugen MF10 s2000 spec. I was very lucky to track down a brand new set. I can't wait to get these mounted on the car!!!!!!

Enough talk, everyone is here for the pictures =)

Old 02-15-2018, 11:12 AM

Received 193 Likes on 130 Posts

OOOF! MF10s will be hot.
Old 02-21-2018, 06:20 PM

-- BATTERY TIE DOWN REPLACEMENT / NEW OIL CAP / UPDATES --

Good evening.

A couple of these items were done a while back and I forgot to add them to the build thread =(. Unfortunately it's much easier to snap pictures, and share them on IG & Facebook.

Battery Tie Down - The old one was cracking so I decided to replace it all. See the pictures below.

Oil Cap - I wasn't a fan of the silver Mugen oil cap in the engine bay. It just looked out of place to me. So I put a Honda issued Mugen medallion onto a black Mugen cap and I'm very happy with the look.

Spoiler - The body shop is still working on it. I got a call early in the week saying they 'hope' to finish it this week. I hope to have it back in my hands next week. Soon as I receive the item I will get it installed and post some pictures.

MF10 - My friend has been super busy so we still haven't had a chance to mount the tires on them. Hoping to accomplish this next week as well.

Caliper Restoration - We've been slacking on this also =O. Hoping to pull them off next week also. I will thoroughly document this process.

Also a few pictures I snapped when I took the car out for a spin the other day.

Last edited by mkluge84; 02-21-2018 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-01-2018, 07:51 AM

-- BRAKE CALIPER RESTORATION / SPINDLE/HUB CLEAN UP --

Good afternoon everyone.

Earlier this week we were finally able to remove the brake calipers for the restoration. The calipers have been disassembled and dropped off for powder coating. Once they come back they will be rebuilt with new oem parts. New oem rotors will be installed during reassembly as well. Once the calipers and rotors were removed there was a good bit of surface rust on the hubs & spindles. Since the vehicle will be stuck on jack stands until we get the calipers back I figured this would be a good time to clean them up. I used 3m scuffing pads, wire brushes, wd-40, dremel, and a lot of elbow grease. I am very very very happy with the results. For now everything has been coated in wd-40 to prevent any rust, but prior to reassembly it will all be coated in Boeshield T-9.

Old 03-01-2018, 07:56 AM

-- NEW PARTS / REAR SPOILER UPDATE --

Received quite a few packages last week and thought I'd share with everyone here. Also wanted to give an update on the rear spoiler. The body shop said it was done, but when I showed up I wasn't happy with the results. They are redoing it and I am hoping to have it back in a couple weeks (fingers crossed).

I don't want to jinx it, but I'm pretty sure I've located a brand new oem berlina black hardtop. I will post updates on this once I have more information. =)

Last edited by mkluge84; 03-01-2018 at 08:02 AM.

Quick Reply: 1 Owner, 15k Miles, Spa Yellow - Build Thread