Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

4th try ~ My 09 GPW s2000 > CR Build Saga

Old 10-31-2017, 07:12 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Well - after nearly a decade of s2000 ownership, we finally decided to give the "real" CR s2000 a try. Picked up one and will be starting a new build thread shortly!

Very excited and blessed to have this car in our stable next to Honda's other legendary car. Probably going to drive it stock for a little bit to enjoy the car before all the huge mod list begins

stay tuned!~

Old 11-04-2017, 03:30 PM

Received 568 Likes on 398 Posts

Nice find.

These days i'm of the mind set that CRs are pretty rare and should have minimal modding aside from some wheels with +50 offsets or higher, coilovers, and brakes - simple and reversible.

If you really want to mod, that's what base model s2ks are for.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:08 PM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullwings
Nice find.

These days i'm of the mind set that CRs are pretty rare and should have minimal modding aside from some wheels with +50 offsets or higher, coilovers, and brakes - simple and reversible.

If you really want to mod, that's what base model s2ks are for.
Precisely. Just picked up an Apex Blue CR the other day and want to keep it simple.

Old 11-05-2017, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by blueprint
Precisely. Just picked up an Apex Blue CR the other day and want to keep it simple.

What suspension are you running? I'm not going to go crazy, mostly swap interior pieces and keep all the stock parts.

Definitely need to lower mine, seems your car came already lowered?
Old 11-05-2017, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by s4play
What suspension are you running? I'm not going to go crazy, mostly swap interior pieces and keep all the stock parts.

Definitely need to lower mine, seems your car came already lowered?
Tein Flex Coilovers. Currently to low for my taste so im gonna be removing the teins for a new set of Ohlins DFV coilovers followed by a proper alignment.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:06 AM

Did you get your CR locally? From Sean?
Old 01-08-2018, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by blueprint
Did you get your CR locally? From Sean?
No CR came from cross country, it's not my ideal color but for now it works. Still looking for a RYP s2000 CR

Took these photos last weekend, one of our last sunny weekends before the rain moves in for winter!

Old 05-13-2018, 07:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question on the CR seats - seeing as though you've created a few and now own a factory CR - if you wanted to convert stock black or red/black seats from a 2008 or 2009 - can you just the seat skins for the CR and replace those or do you need the entire seat and all its parts.

From reading your posts, I can tell the door skins alone will be fine for the doors but the seats, it looks like you bought the entire seat not just the covers.

I'm interested in picking up my first yellow AP2 and just doing small cosmetic touches and also converting the interior to look like stock CR. Had a Silverstone w/ black/red that I miss, so am dying to get this RYP soon.

Thanks for the help! I love your builds - except the S badges ;-)
Old 06-14-2018, 08:19 AM

^thanks for the kind words!

I've never attempted to swap the seat skins only, just bought the CR seats. I'm pretty sure the seat as a whole is cheaper than trying to buy the parts separately. Honda doesn't really sell the skins last time I checked.

This 09 GPW build was a real test of patience when it was built.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright so, i actually got a Sebring, not a Rio. I'm still thinking of doing the CR conversion on it though because I think it would look cool on a paint and interior combo they stopped making in 2006.

I think the covers (skins) are sold separately but probably the full seat cushion not the cover itself is likely what that is. Definitely don't want to replace the WHOLE seat as that would include it's undercarriage and all. Not necessary.

I'll keep you guys posted on how the long slog of a conversion goes. Starting at radio door, shift knob, badges and side marker lights. The easy stuff. Then the rest of the console, mats, doors and seats next.

Wish me luck!

Quick Reply: 4th try ~ My 09 GPW s2000 > CR Build Saga