Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

AUS - Silverstone 04 s2000 Slow Build

Old 12-16-2015, 01:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AUS - Silverstone 04 s2000 Slow Build

Hi all,

This is my first time ever making an entry on any build that I have done. I thought I'd share my small journey with everyone else since the love that I have for my s2000 is nothing like anything I've had with the others. I've always hated Hondas, maybe it was all the young kids driving around in their civics making a bad name and turned me off ever considering one. But that all changed...

*Skip all the random "past cars" if you just want to get to the s2000.

A quick rundown of my past cars. I started off in a 91 Nissan 180sx when I got my provisional licence and moved on to a 94 180sx and then a 96 180sx Type X. I got the evo bug so I got a 04 Gunmetal 8MR and sold it due to financial circumstances. I didn't think I had enough time to enjoy it and my mates had theirs cruising around so ended up with another 04 8MR but in white. Went halves with the missus at the time in an Honda EP3.

This was probably my first time that I drove a decent Honda (had a 4 door automatic EK1 civic when I sold the gunmetal 8MR ), and I believe this was when I turned from forced induction to NA. My views had changed and I realised that they can be just as fun if not more fun. I have to give credit to my friend that made me understand that Honda produces awesome cars and not to be fooled that it's NA.

I bought a S15 that was pretty banged up and wanted to fix it up and then track it, but nothing ever came out of that. And then thought I should go back to what I started to love...NA. I've always been a fan of the AE86 so I got myself a 86 GTV Trueno, I quickly noticed that even though it's such a classic, it still comes with problems, rust and more problems. I had to sell it, just because I was being a little bitch and couldn't deal with it. Plus finding parts is quite hard.

So I was back on the hunt for, "the one". My mate was selling a GD Jazz and drove that around for a while and had a Yamaha R6 as a "toy". Sold them both off, and got a EK4 thinking I was going to build that up. But again that didn't happen.

There was a period of 1.5-2 years where I had nothing besides the wife’s car which was a red automatic GE Jazz. Awesome car to daily to work and run errands in, but boring as for anything else. So I was on the search for a clean s2000 (I was on s2ki day and night just looking at photos and other people’s builds thinking of how I want mine to turn out). I was at a point where I started becoming desperate just wanting something, so I widened the search to RX-7s, STIs, s15s and evos again.

Then...around 3 months ago I found "the one". I was lucky enough to get a 2004 Silverstone S2000 on my birthday. It had 66000kms and came in stock form. In Aus there aren't many "AP2"s floating around that hasn't had the dick, or low kms let alone showing service records. So I was pretty stoked that it had all servicing done by Honda and checked out to be clean as the seller made it out to be. I drove it back with my mate that sold me the GD. 8 hours later I was home.

The car was pretty much standard except for an aftermarket head unit and a modifry Dash Control Interface. So the modifying game began. Because it was my birthday, my mate gave me a Zoom Engineering carbon mirror. The product is an awesome piece of work, the quality is remarkable as it hung from top like it belonged.

After many runs up and down the mountain roads with mates I figured I wanted to get a smaller steering wheel. I felt the stock one seemed too big for my liking. I ended up ordering a Momo Tuner 320mm in leather with red stitching, NSX NA1 horn button and horn ring, Works Bell Rapfix 2 quick release and short boss kit. Also replaced the interior cabin filter with an OEM one as it was pretty dirty. I bought a s2000 CR radio door and gold spark plug cover to make it look a little more fresh.

Old 12-16-2015, 01:03 AM

Since the day I got the car I've been thinking of what shift knob to replace the standard one. I've been reading and viewing a lot of pictures on shift knobs on s2ki. I ordered a Moddiction ti burnt Anvil 2, but somehow it never came and Ryan was kind enough to give me a refund. I ended up ordering a NSX Type S shift knob. I didn't know shift knobs can be so expensive, nevertheless I'm happy with the purchase. Also bought a Defi Advance ZD, but I’m going to wait to get a couple other items before installing it.

I've always been a fan of stickers hahaha, but this time I wasn't going to put any on except for one, my family crest from Japan. Still have to order it as my friend uploaded it for me and thinking of a location. http://www.redbubble.com/people/b01n...-tachi-omodaka

So that is pretty much where I am at with this build.
Old 12-16-2015, 03:50 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Looking good so far
Old 12-16-2015, 08:45 PM

Awesome build so far bud!

You should join the ClubITR forums, we have quite a few Aussie S2000 guys on there already. Would love to see you on there if you aren't already haha
Old 12-18-2015, 01:54 AM

Thanks guys!

Sweet, I'll join that forum as well man
Old 12-20-2015, 09:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to see u on clubitr!
Old 12-20-2015, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by plAythiNG
Good to see u on clubitr!
Hopefully get to meet some of you fine chaps.

Just a small update. I just received a Seeker metal shift collar.

Was hopefully going to put it in using s2k4life_az install notes. Metal Shift Collar