Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Awhit's GPW AP1

Old 05-17-2019, 05:18 AM

Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts

It's so good, I can't deal.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:53 AM

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by _badrabbit
Love both your S2000 and your old Evo! They look good!

I happened to randomly come across your old Evo's build thread on evom.
Thanks. Yeah the Evo was a great car, but the S2000 is just the experience I prefer. Nothing like a purpose built sportscar with an NA motor

Originally Posted by chrisaltima
It's so good, I can't deal.
Haha thanks, I am definitely happy with it even in its current state.
Old 05-28-2019, 02:46 PM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

I really really like your car man. <3

Old 05-29-2019, 02:51 AM
Community Organizer

Received 217 Likes on 138 Posts

I love that, despite all the stuff you're doing to the car, it's not perfect aesthetically. Looks like its lived a full life. Love it Alex, but please don't make this thing too nice to drive!
Old 05-29-2019, 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by RussianHammer
I really really like your car man. <3
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
I love that, despite all the stuff you're doing to the car, it's not perfect aesthetically. Looks like its lived a full life. Love it Alex, but please don't make this thing too nice to drive!
Yeah I 100% agree. After I finish refreshing the mechanical stuff I am going to turn to the exterior some. But my intention is really just to clean up the paint, headlights and maybe put a lip and hood on it. No super expensive FRP bumpers, fenders, etc. I want the car to look like a proper AP1 and also to have something that's a little more cleaned up than it is now but not where I am afraid to take it out whenever.

Also I'm pulling the fender ding out of it once I put some offset bushings in because that shit is driving me insane lol

Last edited by awhit17; 05-29-2019 at 04:23 AM.
The following users liked this post:
freddydela (08-27-2022)
Old 05-29-2019, 05:06 AM

Received 419 Likes on 319 Posts

From experience, don't fret about some expensive FRP bumpers.

My J's lip/canards were much, much more expensive than I'm comfortable thinking about but it has not changed how I treat the car.

The car is super cool, adding neat aero will only enhance that, not detract from it.

(If you make the right choices)
Old 05-29-2019, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody
From experience, don't fret about some expensive FRP bumpers.

My J's lip/canards were much, much more expensive than I'm comfortable thinking about but it has not changed how I treat the car.

The car is super cool, adding neat aero will only enhance that, not detract from it.

(If you make the right choices)
Yeah, I think that I will definitely try to get a lip at least....but having an entire FRP bumper that could get roasted at the if it gets hit with something or if I try to enter the wrong parking lot makes me nervous.

Plus I don't want to make it look too outrageous. The half lip you and Ricky have is a great compromise.
Old 05-29-2019, 06:01 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

How did the Alcon BBK feel and which brake pads are you running with it? Currently researching that and the AP Racing CP8350 BBK (Urge spec).
Old 05-30-2019, 03:41 AM

Originally Posted by _badrabbit
How did the Alcon BBK feel and which brake pads are you running with it? Currently researching that and the AP Racing CP8350 BBK (Urge spec).
The Alcon’s feel great. Since they are a monobloc caliper you get a very solid pedal feel. They feel even better (like, amazing) on my good friend’s car, and I think the difference is that my rear brakes need pads badly. I’ve got some mystery meat pads back there from the previous owner that I’m going to change shortly haha.

On the front I’m using the Ferodo DSP pads that come with the kit. They are solid, but also just don’t stand out with how they bite. They also dust quite a good bit considering they are positioned as a more streetable alternative to the DS2500.

I definitely do not dislike the DSPs, butI will be trying some new pads on all 4 wheels when I replace the rears this summer.
Old 05-30-2019, 07:37 AM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

Alcons are a solid brake setup. I have driven a car with the Urge AP Racing kit as well, and that is one meaty rotor. Both are great applications; although just make sure you change your lines as well.
So many owners upgrade their Calipers and rotors and leave their old beat lines.

I love the AP1 front; however if you are looking to change exterior and keep it simple/clean. I would recommend the follwing... ASM 04 Front Bumper/ 07 Canard/ 07 Front Lip
Also match it with the 04 rear bumper! Good to go Thats my biased recommendation haha

Quick Reply: Awhit's GPW AP1