Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

initiald3s' Silverstone AP2

Old 08-01-2020, 05:37 PM

Received 565 Likes on 395 Posts

Originally Posted by initiald3s
For the milltek i took a hammer to make some clearance in the transmission tunnel lol. Wasnt too much work but yeah otherwise it rubbed.
What about for the Fujitsubo Power Getter?
Old 08-01-2020, 06:16 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullwings
What about for the Fujitsubo Power Getter?
Powergetter fit without banging the transmission tunnel but i had to rotate the midpipe hanger 90 degrees to make it hang a bit lower. The ap1 midpipe hanger is a 2 hole one i think and ap2 is 3 hole which might be why.
The following users liked this post:
Bullwings (08-01-2020)
Old 08-03-2020, 12:03 PM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

Trying to find out a bit how shitty my Power Getter is. So you swapped from Power Getter + what kind of cat/hfc/tp? to 70mm milltek dual + 70mm tp. Was the +10 peak +20 mid a valid change? As in, were the before and after dyno numbers both tuned, tuned by the same guy, on the same dyno, same-ish conditions, both tunes about the same amount of timing/AFR aggresiveness?
Old 08-03-2020, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Scigheras
Trying to find out a bit how shitty my Power Getter is. So you swapped from Power Getter + what kind of cat/hfc/tp? to 70mm milltek dual + 70mm tp. Was the +10 peak +20 mid a valid change? As in, were the before and after dyno numbers both tuned, tuned by the same guy, on the same dyno, same-ish co nditions, both tunes about the same amount of timing/AFR aggresiveness?
  • Yeah the tune and retunes were all done by BlackTrax by the same tuner and similar weather conditions(northern California weather) around 5pm everytime. Parts and dynos for each setup in previous posts.
  • The 70mm test pipe and exhaust definitely freed up power because the 70mm tp/exhaust made gained gains almost everywhere in the baseline pull (pulls done with 60mm exhaust tune) before any retuning was done to optimize for the new 70mm setup.
Old 08-04-2020, 07:15 AM

• Yeah the tune and retunes were all done by BlackTrax by the same tuner and similar weather conditions(northern California weather) around 5pm everytime. Parts and dynos for each setup in previous posts.
  • The 70mm test pipe and exhaust definitely freed up power because the 70mm tp/exhaust made gained gains almost everywhere in the baseline pull (pulls done with 60mm exhaust tune) before any retuning was done to optimize for the new 70mm setup.
Damn, thanks for the info! Now I only have to wonder if it's because of going from 60mm to 70mm, or if the Power Getter is just a particularly bad 60mm (I measured inner pipe diameter to be something like only 57mm inside one of the resonators).
Old 08-04-2020, 08:28 AM

Damn, thanks for the info! Now I only have to wonder if it's because of going from 60mm to 70mm, or if the Power Getter is just a particularly bad 60mm (I measured inner pipe diameter to be something like only 57mm inside one of the resonators).
Well theres plenty of threads documenting that the id of the exhaust should be matched with the test pipe so highly doubt the 70mm tp is reason for the gains. Its the 70mm tp and exhaust.
Old 08-04-2020, 08:57 AM

Well theres plenty of threads documenting that the id of the exhaust should be matched with the test pipe so highly doubt the 70mm tp is reason for the gains. Its the 70mm tp and exhaust.
Guess I wasn't being clear. I meant whether the increase in hp comes mainly from switching from *any* 60mm test pipe + 60mm exhaust to 70mm test pipe + 70mm exhaust, or that most of the increase could be attributed to switching from *specifically* the Power Getter (instead of a 60mm with a more traditional layout / inner pipe diameter) to something else. But we probably will never know until someone dynos a Power Getter vs J's 60RS or something like that.
Old 08-04-2020, 09:08 AM

Guess I wasn't being clear. I meant whether the increase in hp comes mainly from switching from *any* 60mm test pipe + 60mm exhaust to 70mm test pipe + 70mm exhaust, or that most of the increase could be attributed to switching from *specifically* the Power Getter (instead of a 60mm with a more traditional layout / inner pipe diameter) to something else. But we probably will never know until someone dynos a Power Getter vs J's 60RS or something like that.
I know some friends who have got tuned and dynod at the same place as me with the Fujitsubo dual legalis and testpipe and made 225whp with much more midrange than the powergetter. Here's one of their dynos. He had fuji legalis, myers header, f22 and test pipe. I think the funky dip is caused by the myers header which the tuner has seen on other cars as well.

Old 08-04-2020, 11:41 AM

Received 565 Likes on 395 Posts

Either of you have your Power Getter for sale and willing to ship? LOL
Old 08-04-2020, 12:10 PM

I know some friends who have got tuned and dynod at the same place as me with the Fujitsubo dual legalis and testpipe and made 225whp with much more midrange than the powergetter. Here's one of their dynos. He had fuji legalis, myers header, f22 and test pipe. I think the funky dip is caused by the myers header which the tuner has seen on other cars as well.
I'm assuming you have F22 as well, judging by dyno rev limit. Even tough every motor is still a bit different, these results are definitely interesting to know... Looks like at some point in the future I might try another 60mm exhaust.

Originally Posted by Bullwings
Either of you have your Power Getter for sale and willing to ship? LOL
But for now I love the look, weight, and relative quietness of the Power Getter too much

Quick Reply: initiald3s' Silverstone AP2