Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

KJ's Origin Fabrication CUSTOM TURBO build thread! *starts page 7*

Old 04-25-2013, 08:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by moomoopanda
Me personally, I think the purple seats don't look right with the color scheme.. But I love everything else. The trunk/wing combo is on point.
Thanks man!! You really do have to see it in person, it's hard to tell the colors in pics unfortunately :/ But I don't expect everyone to like everything about the car, a lot of it is a love/hate kind of thing.

Originally Posted by juntsky
you think that until you see it in person. It comes together really well. The color showing up in pictures is NOT the color of the car. It's different for sure but we were joking the night before IA saying its a bit Miami Vice-ish. Here's my pictures from IA. still massively frustrated that I couldn't capture the color correctly, even in post processing

Also a bit frustrated that I couldnt capture how aggressive this thing looks from the rear. It looks tall in pictures but driving behind this thing you'd think it was 10 feet wide. Looks so nuts!

Thanks homie love the pics!!!!! It is so bizarre how the color really is hard to capture. I thought going with a solid graphic color with no metallic or pearl would solve that! I should have expected it with house of kolor color I guess lol. The rear end is my favorite part of the exterior, I let Tom drive it so I could see it rolling and man the car does look nuts in motion!! Had a great time meeting/chilling with ya man!

Originally Posted by Squeegie
i jsut went through every single page and picture and almost every comment..hahaha

Great Job!!! One of the top builds on this forum no doubt...
Man I appreciate it!!! Love your car and really diggin the new look bro!!

Originally Posted by baZurk
Love it!
thanks!!!

Originally Posted by always@9k
saw it up close at SF and IA and its soo clean! love the paint and those seats! awesome build KJ!
thanks so much man I appreciate it!!!

all the support is what keeps me going, I can't thank you guys enough for all the kind words
Old 04-25-2013, 08:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you're ever down to meet half way I'd love to get some shots of it outside the show/meet environment. I know there's gotta be some way to capture the real color. Just need more time to mess with it
Old 04-26-2013, 07:34 PM

Figured I would chime in again on this build. Wanted to thank you Kj for allowing me to do the work on your car I did! I had a great time spending late nights shootin the shit and doin work! It's weird now to not be working on it haha lets paint it again! Haha jk. The car turned out so well! I think this is my favorite one so far! Even better than the yolo yellow car haha. I'm glad you are happy with it and I hope a lot of you guys get to see this car in person this year!

Oh yea you forgot to update the color name, MVT haha
Old 04-26-2013, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by juntsky
If you're ever down to meet half way I'd love to get some shots of it outside the show/meet environment. I know there's gotta be some way to capture the real color. Just need more time to mess with it
yeah man!! where you at these days, ohio or nc? for some reason I thought you were nc? lol

Originally Posted by MySpaceTOM
Figured I would chime in again on this build. Wanted to thank you Kj for allowing me to do the work on your car I did! I had a great time spending late nights shootin the shit and doin work! It's weird now to not be working on it haha lets paint it again! Haha jk. The car turned out so well! I think this is my favorite one so far! Even better than the yolo yellow car haha. I'm glad you are happy with it and I hope a lot of you guys get to see this car in person this year!

Oh yea you forgot to update the color name, MVT haha
MVT! Miami vice turquoise! LOL... I was thinking the same thing, hasn't been the same this week not headed over to the garage to see the cars progress and shoot the shit with ya. Time for more paint!!!! Lmao JKJK!!!!! way too happy with this color, it will be awhile before I change this one. Let's get up soon homie!!
Old 04-26-2013, 08:21 PM

yeah dude i'm in Charlotte full time
Old 11-15-2013, 09:41 PM

Time for a long overdue update!

The car has been at my buddy Mark's new custom fabrication shop (Origin Fab) here in Atlanta the last few months... He specializes in precision titanium welding among many other things. He is giving it the full treatment! Custom wire tuck, partial shave, custom Ti lines, custom fab turbo manifold, downpipe, dumptubes, custom Ti bracing, crossmember, etc etc.

We have been gathering pictures so figured it was a good time to update this thread!

I will start off with a few pictures for now and update this thread tomorrow!

Old 11-17-2013, 07:20 AM

does that say titanium lines?
Old 11-18-2013, 08:16 AM

very nice. will be following.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:19 AM

Moar updates plz!!!
Old 11-19-2013, 09:37 AM

more updates KJ!! Can't wait to cruise through Atlanta with this new beast! You and Chris are gonna kill the S2K scene down here!

Quick Reply: KJ's Origin Fabrication CUSTOM TURBO build thread! *starts page 7*