Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Kyle's GPW/Red long-term S2k shenanigans

Old 11-23-2018, 10:59 AM

Received 616 Likes on 422 Posts

Some more stuff showed up....You sold me on a cover, Chuck! OEM box O’ parts is getting pretty big....Is it spring yet...? Buncha odds and ends. Figured I’d open my lip too to make sure it isn’t in splinters...I’d rather be disappointed now rather than later; luckily, it wasn’t.

Old 11-23-2018, 11:39 AM

Received 1,134 Likes on 997 Posts

The wrinkles will come out after a while.

-- Chuck
Old 12-07-2018, 05:39 AM

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Nice find. Look forward to more updates
Old 01-16-2019, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Cpt. Spock
Nice find. Look forward to more updates
Thank you, I simply couldn’t have had any other combo imo.

Here’s one of the larger things I wanted to do with this car. Just got my coils delivered. Nothing will be going on as far as wrenching for the next few months as it’s still way too cold and the roads are salty.

Anyways got the following:

Ohlins coils w/ swift 12/10k spring upgrade
SBG remote adjustment knobs
SBG adjustment wrenches

Can’t wait for spring!

The following users liked this post:
Cpt. Spock (01-16-2019)
Old 01-16-2019, 10:26 AM

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle

Thank you, I simply couldn’t have had any other combo imo.

Here’s one of the larger things I wanted to do with this car. Just got my coils delivered. Nothing will be going on as far as wrenching for the next few months as it’s still way too cold and the roads are salty.

Anyways got the following:

Ohlins coils w/ swift 12/10k spring upgrade
SBG remote adjustment knobs
SBG adjustment wrenches

Can’t wait for spring!
Layer up that's what us Ohioans have to do in this winter wonderland. Nice choice on Coilovers/springs, ive been looking into the remote adjustment knobs for mine...curious to know your thoughts once you have them installed.
Old 01-25-2019, 01:15 AM

Received 187 Likes on 161 Posts

Subbed! Really nice OEM car cover is a nice touch.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER
Subbed! Really nice OEM car cover is a nice touch.
<3

Also, I think I should probably have the thread title edited again.....long-term isn't quite proper anymore. In terms of the parts for the modifications I want to do to this car things are progressing a lot quicker than I thought they would. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get the cheaper pre-BF price in time on the V8R stoptech STR43 trophy kit that @Ricky_Flowers_ made but I should be getting those in tomorrow....so stoked that I was able to run a BBK kit with my wheels without sacrificing anything in terms of offset, etc. Also big shout out to @adrs2k for essentially blazing the trail for me in terms of finding a beautiful set of wheels that fits this car with no fender mods, on top of being one of the first users of the new brake system and giving them a review. Really appreciate what he's done with the car and his vision as far as preserving it coincides with my own, so I'm thankful someone found a setup that sacrifices essentially nothing, while still functioning, while still looking great, that fits our car without modification.

Super happy with my mod choices thus far...The research has been exhausting and the wallet has been reeling in agony, but it will all be well worth it. I essentially want to do all of the technical and logistical sorting before I actually execute, so there won't be any surprises. I'll be sure to get some pictures of the new brake setup as well as giving my own review on them once I get around to getting them installed. I think I'll have essentially most of the car sorted just the way I want it and all supporting mods in place, so next year the final step for the car will be the supercharger kit and the kpro ecu.....I've spent enough money so far this year
adrs2k (01-28-2019)
Old 01-27-2019, 02:51 AM

Received 187 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle
<3

Also, I think I should probably have the thread title edited again.....long-term isn't quite proper anymore. In terms of the parts for the modifications I want to do to this car things are progressing a lot quicker than I thought they would. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get the cheaper pre-BF price in time on the V8R stoptech STR43 trophy kit that @Ricky_Flowers_ made but I should be getting those in tomorrow....so stoked that I was able to run a BBK kit with my wheels without sacrificing anything in terms of offset, etc. Also big shout out to @adrs2k for essentially blazing the trail for me in terms of finding a beautiful set of wheels that fits this car with no fender mods, on top of being one of the first users of the new brake system and giving them a review. Really appreciate what he's done with the car and his vision as far as preserving it coincides with my own, so I'm thankful someone found a setup that sacrifices essentially nothing, while still functioning, while still looking great, that fits our car without modification.

Super happy with my mod choices thus far...The research has been exhausting and the wallet has been reeling in agony, but it will all be well worth it. I essentially want to do all of the technical and logistical sorting before I actually execute, so there won't be any surprises. I'll be sure to get some pictures of the new brake setup as well as giving my own review on them once I get around to getting them installed. I think I'll have essentially most of the car sorted just the way I want it and all supporting mods in place, so next year the final step for the car will be the supercharger kit and the kpro ecu.....I've spent enough money so far this year
And the year only just begun... it's gonna be worth it in the end. Looking forward to this whole build coming together and yes, the community members you mentioned are just some of those who made our lives easier with parts reviews, etc. Much thanks to all of them
Stoptech gets my vote
adrs2k (01-28-2019)
Old 01-27-2019, 04:06 PM

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Wow... Great build so far!
Kyle (01-28-2019)
Old 01-27-2019, 05:46 PM

Received 207 Likes on 187 Posts

Great thread. Actually saw your car on CL. I’m guessing the previous owner was a big Razorback fan given that color scheme. You said “Car is all torn apart as I'm replacing the original cracked cluster with another one.” Where did you find the cluster?
Scott
Kyle (01-28-2019)

Quick Reply: Kyle's GPW/Red long-term S2k shenanigans