Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Odb's STR CR

Old 04-10-2015, 04:58 PM

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts

Thats what I was thinking. I just got my seat put in so the car already feels like a new car. Let alone if new tires go on as well, I dont think Id be worth a darn on new suspension too.

I'll be doing the Evo School to hopefully get a feel for this site.
Old 04-11-2015, 06:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trustd_1
btw, not sure if you saw the update in URGE's thread. they posted target pricing for their Gernby reproductions on their website. forgot what Gernby sold them for, but looks a little disappointing.
From Gernby, they were pretty much the same price. Since he proved people would get in line to pay that much for an exhaust, why should Urge sell them for less? It's a piece of art, and it does exactly what it's supposed to do. Worth the money, IMHO. I have one of the originals.
Old 04-13-2015, 01:10 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
Thats what I was thinking. I just got my seat put in so the car already feels like a new car. Let alone if new tires go on as well, I dont think Id be worth a darn on new suspension too.

I'll be doing the Evo School to hopefully get a feel for this site.
That's a good call. There will be a lot of good instructors there. I didn't think I was going to be able to make the school, so I didn't sign up, but now I wish I had. I'll be there after the Evo school for the test and tune, though.
Old 04-14-2015, 12:26 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by odb812
Originally Posted by Trustd_1' timestamp='1428699276' post='23573699
hmm, you had a Saner front bar for a bit, right? what didn't you like about it? before i got my hands on a Saner, i had originally planned to do an ap1 front bar on my 06 too.

btw, not sure if you saw the update in URGE's thread. they posted target pricing for their Gernby reproductions on their website. forgot what Gernby sold them for, but looks a little disappointing. guess i will be going w/an S/C kit instead or do their exhaust afterwards. would like to stay N/A, but $2k+ for the exhaust is past the point of diminishing returns for me.
There's nothing really wrong with the Saner, I just traded some sway bar force for some coil spring force. It all comes down to personal preference when you're pushing the car at the limit. Some like the heavier sway bar so they get the front roll resistance, but not as much resistance under braking or lifting. Some don't like big weight transfers when letting off the throttle in a straight line. Since I'm a little sloppy with my right foot, I like a little less weight transfer when I lift off the throttle.

The other side of the equation is the cost. My OEM sway bars were ~$40 each where a Saner will cost $300-400. Both the softer springs I used with the saner and the stiffer springs I'm using with OEM cost the same amount, ~$110/pair.
thanks for the feedback. that gives me some food for thought. i don't have the opportunity to let loose in my S too often, as it is my occasional weekend car, and my co-pilot (gf) usually is beside me. lol i've been getting the itch to get back into tracking, but that's doubtful. i might just pick up some OEM ap1 bars and experiment too. i have been feeling as if my rear is a bit unsettled off the gas, but i need to get some more seat time to get a good feel of things. i've changed quite a few things, incl. tires, coilovers, and alignment settings in a relatively short amount of time.

Originally Posted by grubinski
Originally Posted by Trustd_1' timestamp='1428699276' post='23573699
btw, not sure if you saw the update in URGE's thread. they posted target pricing for their Gernby reproductions on their website. forgot what Gernby sold them for, but looks a little disappointing.
From Gernby, they were pretty much the same price. Since he proved people would get in line to pay that much for an exhaust, why should Urge sell them for less? It's a piece of art, and it does exactly what it's supposed to do. Worth the money, IMHO. I have one of the originals.
i don't really want to derail odb's thread and turn it into a debate about URGE's exhaust/business plan, but one would think that any company would want to sell more units, especially the second time around.

yes, there were a decent number of buyers when Gernby had the exhaust produced, but i really doubt URGE will do similar #s at the prices they've tentatively set. at the risk of saying too much, i am honestly really surprised at the prices, considering they're using T1R's manufacturing. while i don't think their intention was to turn the Gernzhaust into a mass produced Ebay special, business is business.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Trustd_1
thanks for the feedback. that gives me some food for thought. i don't have the opportunity to let loose in my S too often, as it is my occasional weekend car, and my co-pilot (gf) usually is beside me. lol i've been getting the itch to get back into tracking, but that's doubtful. i might just pick up some OEM ap1 bars and experiment too. i have been feeling as if my rear is a bit unsettled off the gas, but i need to get some more seat time to get a good feel of things. i've changed quite a few things, incl. tires, coilovers, and alignment settings, in a relatively short amount of time.
You should come out to an autocross sometime. That will at least give you an idea how the car will act at a track day. Lotus club, SpeedSF, and Trackmasters are good options to get a lot of seat time.
Old 04-28-2015, 09:18 AM

Nice runs. Wish i coulda hit the pro solo.
The more i watch your videos the more i want your exhaust
Old 04-28-2015, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
Nice runs. Wish i coulda hit the pro solo.
The more i watch your videos the more i want your exhaust
Thanks man, the pro solo was a blast. It's going to be hard to wait a full year to do another one.

Dude, you killed it on your last run the first day of the tour--especially considering your car was basically stock. I was pulling for you to do the same with your last run on day 2.
Old 04-28-2015, 04:00 PM

It was a rough time day 2 for sure. I still dont know how I missed the first gate out of the start and then I thought I was going into the grass at one point and somehow didnt take out any cones. I knew I had to let it all hang out and didnt work.
Was that Praneils first time driving your car?? If so, to him
Old 04-29-2015, 12:35 PM

I did the opposite and drove too conservatively all weekend.

Praneil had driven my car a few times last year with some different suspension configurations. With the current suspension setup, we each did 11 runs on a 30 second course the Sunday before the NT. He is a very talented driver, a good instructor, and he really knows how to set up a car.
Old 07-15-2015, 03:12 PM

Could you do me a favor and measure your exhaust tip?
Im trying to get on this URGE/Gernzhaust and want a turndown tip but I HATE how small the turndowns are on the regular t1R EM exhausts.

Quick Reply: Odb's STR CR