Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Operation Storytime: Nobody Likes the Tuna Here

Old 12-29-2015, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My favorite car at the moment, love it! I think losing the plate and finding an ASM short antenna is in store for you.
Old 12-29-2015, 03:50 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by s2sik
My favorite car at the moment, love it! I think losing the plate and finding an ASM short antenna is in store for you.
Hmm hadn't thought about the antenna. I'll look into it. I have a pair of 17x9.5+47 CE28's on order as I'm thinking I want to switch to a square setup, otherwise the only other exterior mod I'd want to do in the next year or so is an ASM trunk with duckbill. Other than that, the only other thing I want to do is just drive!
Old 12-29-2015, 04:22 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

The stubby antenna always looks weird to me for some reason. Like it looks like the antenna is just broken or something. Where I never even really notice the normal antenna.
Old 12-29-2015, 04:53 PM

It's $60 and is discontinued?? That's expensive... Damn.

I also want to gut my soft top and put in a layer of dynamat in there.

What would REALLY be cool is a Mugen rear window with defroster lines... Hmmmm. Last week it was really annoying dealing with foggy windows.
Old 12-29-2015, 05:04 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by WhyW

What would REALLY be cool is a Mugen rear window with defroster lines... Hmmmm. Last week it was really annoying dealing with foggy windows.
Has anyone made a glass rear window with defroster for the Mugen top? I think someone in the Bay Area has a glass window but no defrost I don't think. It is probably possible to get made and even rig up to the normal defrost wiring harness.

There might be some coatings you could try as well. Sometimes that can work wonders.
Old 12-29-2015, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by andrewhake
Originally Posted by WhyW' timestamp='1451440381' post='23839370

Has anyone made a glass rear window with defroster for the Mugen top? I think someone in the Bay Area has a glass window but no defrost I don't think. It is probably possible to get made and even rig up to the normal defrost wiring harness.

There might be some coatings you could try as well. Sometimes that can work wonders.
Agreed, I know there are coatings you can do, I just need to look into it.

I know there is a replacement material out there for the rear window, Chris Lum used a Polycarb option that looks decent, I wonder how hard it would be to get defrosting wires on there. https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/755...t__p__22592253

Anywho, I think that if someone came up with one it would sell like hotcakes no question.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the OEM antenna is a bit too tall and makes the back end and 3/4 rear passenger angle look like an R/C toy, unless that is the look you are going for lol. I ended up welding and shaving mine, but now my radio sucks! I am a big fan of the ASM duckbill. We have a glass Mugen style rear window here, was just going to use the anti fog sealant... but mocking up a working defroster would be awesome... hmm...
Old 12-30-2015, 09:55 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

damnnnnn Nice Pictures
Old 12-30-2015, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by s2sik
I think the OEM antenna is a bit too tall and makes the back end and 3/4 rear passenger angle look like an R/C toy, unless that is the look you are going for lol. I ended up welding and shaving mine, but now my radio sucks! I am a big fan of the ASM duckbill. We have a glass Mugen style rear window here, was just going to use the anti fog sealant... but mocking up a working defroster would be awesome... hmm...
I found some defroster wire that comes in rolls online... The trick I think is getting it to line up and still look good. Hand laid can come out wavy, but if you do it right it would be fine.
Old 12-30-2015, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by freezingcoffee
damnnnnn Nice Pictures
Hah! Thanks dude but I think yours were better.

Quick Reply: Operation Storytime: Nobody Likes the Tuna Here