Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

The rescue project.

Old 04-02-2016, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The perfect SoCal car. Went up to some canyon roads yesterday and I have to say Honda did great things with this car. All though the motor is lacking a bit mid range power the gearing makes up for it by keeping it up in the top end. The transmission is very consistent with positive engagement and great feedback. The chassis feels well balanced and you can instantly tell how much potential it has. Steering has great feedback as well. You can feel every inch of the road below you through your finger tips. This is most definitely a drivers car . In an odd way you feel as though you are connected to every aspect of it. Overall I have to say I think this ones a keeper
Old 04-16-2016, 03:20 PM

Today I decided to go out to chemical guys and put together a small collection of products to keep her shining. It's not much but it's a good start and the results were great.

Overall I'm very happy. I'll probably continue adding to the collection of there products. Oh don't mind the headlights I forgot to polish them! I'll take care of it before the next wash.
Old 04-17-2016, 04:28 PM

I was trying hard to keep this car stock since my EP3 was fully built but I could not contain myself. Fortune auto 510 coilovers with swift springs 14k front and 12k rear spring rates were just ordered.

After having a set of the 500's on my EP3 and loving them I figured I couldn't go wrong sticking with fortune auto and just kicking it up a notch for the AP2.
Old 04-23-2016, 12:34 PM

Heard a clicking sound that almost sounded like a ratchet and came to find it's the timing chain tensioner. No biggie just ordered one up from Honda and got some more oem synthetic oil and a new oem filter to finish flushing out all the contanimation from the bad head gasket.

Hopefully this is the last little issue I need to work through.
Old 04-23-2016, 02:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would recommend a tct from Billman or Ballade, those oems will keep failing, good job saving one!
Old 04-23-2016, 03:32 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Powers91
Heard a clicking sound that almost sounded like a ratchet and came to find it's the timing chain tensioner. No biggie just ordered one up from Honda and got some more oem synthetic oil and a new oem filter to finish flushing out all the contanimation from the bad head gasket.

Hopefully this is the last little issue I need to work through.
Yeah, OEM is just gonna fail again. Billman for sure.
Old 04-23-2016, 03:36 PM

Thanks for the heads up fellas. I guess I'll have to keep an ear out for it and remember this for next time then.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:03 AM

Well Jeesh it's been a while since I've been on here. It looks like all my pictures went missing some how. But a lot has happened since I went on a hiatus from this thread. So I'll do my best to get you all caught up.

I I was looking into getting some matte blue ZE40's and was having a hard time finding a good size when I stumbled into possibly one of the best deals I've had so far. So I ended up purchase some matte blue volk ZE40's in 17x9.5 +47 and wrapped them up in some 255/40 hankook rs3 tires.

So now that I had wheels and tires I decided to order some Fortune Auto 510 coilovers with swift springs and 14k/12k spring rates. I went with these because I had some good luck with them in the past on my EP3 and figured they would be a good entry level coilover. I do plan to upgrade later on.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:09 AM

Well then I ordered up some Buddyclub camber joints and rcas with some Spoon rear toe arms and Js racing axle spacer to finish off a nice basic suspension setup. After the alignment it was all dialed in and man it looks good and handles beautifully but I still want to raise it up some.

i also installed a nice j's racing dual 70RS exhaust to hear sweet sounds from the Honda gods when I crack Vtec yo.

Old 02-17-2018, 10:13 AM

Next while I was on deployment an old girlfriend cheated on me. So what was I supposed to do? Easy drink some booze and order up a supercharger to enjoy my new found freedom!

Quick Reply: The rescue project.