Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Time Trial slaying track slut build!

Old 06-06-2016, 05:46 AM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Everytime you change pads you should be relubing the guide pins and if you haven't replaced them, order up some new ones from Honda. I like using ATE Plastilube. I haven't had any issues with my rear pads. I need to order up a bottle of that Mothers. After Memphis this weekend, I have a month until NOLA, so I might as well wash it and drive it on the street I guess.
Old 06-06-2016, 05:58 AM
Community Organizer

Received 218 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by King Tut
Everytime you change pads you should be relubing the guide pins and if you haven't replaced them, order up some new ones from Honda. I like using ATE Plastilube. I haven't had any issues with my rear pads. I need to order up a bottle of that Mothers. After Memphis this weekend, I have a month until NOLA, so I might as well wash it and drive it on the street I guess.

You're gonna love that Mother's R3 stuff, man. It makes taking off race rubber a joke.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:54 AM

Received 568 Likes on 398 Posts

My front calipers look like that too, except worse because they're red... lol. I don't bother cleaning wheels either. I painted them with brake dust...

as for your rears, you need this

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/114...er-conversion/

Or, at the very least, go with these and some fresh rebuilt OEM rear calipers.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/112...-now-in-stock/
Old 06-06-2016, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
Hey bud, I was experiencing the same thing as you with the uneven brake pad wear in the rear. It happens when the slide pins wear out the inside of the caliper bracket, and the piston doesn't compress as evenly as it did before. I ended up buying remanufactured calipers for all four corners (fronts did it too) and that's fixed the problem entirely.
Originally Posted by King Tut
Hey thanks for the lookout dudes. I should have known better, but I'm retarded, haha. I relubed the pins earlier tonight. One pin on each caliper had some degree of pitting corrosion, so that was likely the cause for the sticking calipers; at least I hope so. I already ordered new pins to replace them.

Originally Posted by Bullwings
My front calipers look like that too, except worse because they're red... lol. I don't bother cleaning wheels either. I painted them with brake dust...

as for your rears, you need this

https://www.s2ki.com/...per-conversion/

Or, at the very least, go with these and some fresh rebuilt OEM rear calipers.

https://www.s2ki.com/...s-now-in-stock/
Thanks for the recommendation man. I will keep the sakebombs in mind next time I get a bonus.

Ok so I relubed my caliper slide pins tonight, heres the pics and a general breakdown. This was several beers in btw. You're lucky I could hold the camera steady enough (I'm japanese, three beers and I'm drunk.)

Name:  IMAG1085.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  110.9 KB

Look at this nappy ass ho sticking her head out, shiieeetttttt.

Name:  IMAG1089.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  109.4 KB

Wow, these look worse than a prostitute's cooter after a Friday night.

Name:  IMAG1095.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  92.8 KB

took a wire wheel to them. Yep, it's shitty.

Name:  IMAG1105.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  107.4 KB

Assemble tools, aka 'khaki call' for all of you navy folk.

Name:  IMAG1101.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  95.5 KB

Lubed up like you're going into Wrecky's mom.

I later found out this was wayyy too much f@#king grease haha.

Name:  IMAG1103.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  114.9 KB

All buttoned up. Aw shit I forgot the dust shield.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:31 PM

Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Impressive driving. Will subscribe for more on track footage.
Old 06-07-2016, 04:46 AM
Community Organizer

Received 218 Likes on 139 Posts

LOL @ khaki call.

If your calipers are sticking, it usually means it's time for a rebuild. Personally, I would buy reman'd calipers and keep your old ones as "working spares" just in case. Doing that actually saved my buddy's ass, who's caliper failed at the track.
Old 06-07-2016, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Soviet
Impressive driving. Will subscribe for more on track footage.
Thanks man, I'll be posting up more videos throughout the season, and I plan on doing a running blog as I transform this car into a H1 car during the winter. Hopefully, I won't disappoint, haha.

Originally Posted by Ricky_Flowers_
LOL @ khaki call.

If your calipers are sticking, it usually means it's time for a rebuild. Personally, I would buy reman'd calipers and keep your old ones as "working spares" just in case. Doing that actually saved my buddy's ass, who's caliper failed at the track.

Thanks for the tips bb. I'll look into the rebuilt calipers. I'm running Summit Point this weekend so I'll see how the pad wear plays out.
Old 06-07-2016, 05:14 PM

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I really like seeing maintenance write ups for cars. It really shows how well people take care of their cars! I too have had uneven wear in the rear and just figured it was somewhat normal for a single piston design. I have two rebuild kits for the rear calipers that I plan on doing here shortly so I'll be curious to see how they operate afterwards. Car looks really good too after the wash, I'll have to look into getting some of that Mother's product as I spent a lot of time trying to get rid of tire marks on my car recently.
Old 06-07-2016, 08:16 PM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by skatebrian624
Dude are you coming out to Summit Main June 11/12th? You can get those track photos...
Unfortunately isn't looking good. I can't make it to 2 day events these days, and it looks like the events fill up before they open up for single days so I'll just have to be patient..

Regarding the rear brakes, I haven't noticed any bad wear yet, but my car only has ~47k miles on it which probably helps, and I've relubed the pins once. What vacuum pump do you use for bleeding/flushing your brakes?
Old 06-07-2016, 09:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about your totaled s2000
I'm glad your ok and I'm glad you bounced back and got another S!

Quick Reply: Time Trial slaying track slut build!