Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Time Trial slaying track slut build!

Old 06-09-2016, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tama05
I really like seeing maintenance write ups for cars. It really shows how well people take care of their cars! I too have had uneven wear in the rear and just figured it was somewhat normal for a single piston design. I have two rebuild kits for the rear calipers that I plan on doing here shortly so I'll be curious to see how they operate afterwards. Car looks really good too after the wash, I'll have to look into getting some of that Mother's product as I spent a lot of time trying to get rid of tire marks on my car recently.
Yeah glad that writeup helped clear some stuff up. Hopefully it will help other people too. I've rebuilt two sets of oem fronts but I have never had to do a rebuild for the rears.

Originally Posted by SlowTeg
Originally Posted by skatebrian624' timestamp='1464999705' post='23984369
Dude are you coming out to Summit Main June 11/12th? You can get those track photos...
Unfortunately isn't looking good. I can't make it to 2 day events these days, and it looks like the events fill up before they open up for single days so I'll just have to be patient..

Regarding the rear brakes, I haven't noticed any bad wear yet, but my car only has ~47k miles on it which probably helps, and I've relubed the pins once. What vacuum pump do you use for bleeding/flushing your brakes?
I'm using a shurflo pump model 8050-305-426. Its pretty spectacular but pricey. A mityvac MV8000 will work just as well for your brakes.

Originally Posted by Skrily
Sorry to hear about your totaled s2000
I'm glad your ok and I'm glad you bounced back and got another S!
Yeah I had a pretty good comeback, but that was thanks to all the safety gear I had. You never appreciate your gear until it is used. I was able to walk away from that wreck and go to the gym the next day. Can't stop these GAINZ bruh!
Old 06-09-2016, 06:23 PM

Received 82 Likes on 53 Posts

I faced melted dust boots, worn slide pins, rust caked rear calipers and thought shit, if im gonna spend money on new/remaned hardware I should just drive that thumb tack with a sledge hammer and complete the BBK. My Stoptech rears work sweet and the pads wear even. Would you consider BBK rears? Your already taking points for the fronts right? Actually now that I think of it would you have to go back to stock brakes to run HC?
Old 06-09-2016, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Dead Serious
I faced melted dust boots, worn slide pins, rust caked rear calipers and thought shit, if im gonna spend money on new/remaned hardware I should just drive that thumb tack with a sledge hammer and complete the BBK. My Stoptech rears work sweet and the pads wear even. Would you consider BBK rears? Your already taking points for the fronts right? Actually now that I think of it would you have to go back to stock brakes to run HC?
Yeah a rear bbk sounds nice, and I would be able to run it in TT without additional points. I will definitely have to look into it. Are they much bigger than the oems?

Its a just a 50 lb. weight penalty for bbk in HC.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:37 PM

Received 177 Likes on 125 Posts

So I'm clueless when it comes to honda challenge but do s2000's generally do pretty well? I thought FWD cars generally had an advantage..?

What are you planning on getting for a tow vehicle? I know you got some cojones driving your car all over the place with your race wheels riding shotgun but I don't think that'll fly next year.

Oh ya, and if it's not too late and you still want to run spec miata I'll start the bidding on your car. 5 dollas.
Old 06-09-2016, 07:02 PM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

So I'm clueless when it comes to honda challenge but do s2000's generally do pretty well? I thought FWD cars generally had an advantage..?

What are you planning on getting for a tow vehicle? I know you got some cojones driving your car all over the place with your race wheels riding shotgun but I don't think that'll fly next year.

Oh ya, and if it's not too late and you still want to run spec miata I'll start the bidding on your car. 5 dollas.
No way he would go Spec Miata. First $10k buys my SpecE30 though.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:23 PM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm a little late to this party but....
Thanks for writing/posting your adventures, I like to read. About stuff. Funny stuff and stuff about how I need to go grease my caliper pins.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:06 PM

S2000s do alright as long as there aren't any k24 cars. The k24 integras walk away from the s2ks on the straights. HC1 is heavily biased to FWD cars. It's retarded how unbalanced it is.

Yeah I really need to get a tow vehicle dude. I've pressing my luck for a long time. I'm thinking about getting a FX4 or a Sierra 1500, but I gotta wait till after August before I can buy one.

5 dollas? Better make that a 5locos, shieeetttttt.

Originally Posted by King Tut
No way he would go Spec Miata. First $10k buys my SpecE30 though.

I'd love to do either SM or SE30. I don't have any preference, they both have big fields and the cars in each series are relatively close in performance (way closer than H1). shit if I could get the money I would buy your car. Want to loan it to me for a race? I'll pay you back with a six-pack dude!

Originally Posted by saving4one
I'm a little late to this party but....
Thanks for writing/posting your adventures, I like to read. About stuff. Funny stuff and stuff about how I need to go grease my caliper pins.
Yah thanks man and hopefully it was helpful.
Old 06-11-2016, 08:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for posting it was fun to read!

I always thought the Ohlins were more dual use than a serious track suspension but you seem to doing alright! Care to share your tires / alignment?
Old 06-12-2016, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Nurburgring
Thanks for posting it was fun to read!

I always thought the Ohlins were more dual use than a serious track suspension but you seem to doing alright! Care to share your tires / alignment?

Thanks for reading man. Yeah I think the Ohlins were designed with that dual purpose in mind but they perform so well on track. They can really handle bumps and curbs well, and the adjustability is great. You can actually feel a difference between 2 clicks, whereas on my old BCs I had to do 5 clicks before I noticed a change.

I'm on 225/40/17 Hoosier R7s. They're effectively my class's spec tire. My alignment settings: camber F/R -3.2/-3.4, total toe F/R 0"/0.13", and caster at 6°. Could probably use a little bit more toe in for the rear, but so far I'm happy with the setup.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:37 AM

Received 53 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by skatebrian624
I'd love to do either SM or SE30. I don't have any preference, they both have big fields and the cars in each series are relatively close in performance (way closer than H1). shit if I could get the money I would buy your car. Want to loan it to me for a race? I'll pay you back with a six-pack dude!
I'm done loaning cars out for free. You can rent it for a small fee though.

Quick Reply: Time Trial slaying track slut build!