Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Toms Nur Blue AP1

Old 04-15-2017, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toms Nur Blue AP1

Here it goes then, cast back to 2013-2015 when I owned this, EP3 Type R, I absolutely adored it...

Then after I went on deployment on this with the Royal Navy:

A good friend of mine decided it would be an absolutely belting idea, for me to swap it in for an Accord Type R CH1, brilliant I thought until I realised the Headgasket had gone, the chassis was absolutely and completely rotten right the way through the car and it was just generally unsafe to drive. I'd insert a picture, but I didn't own the thing long enough to even bother taking a decent picture of it.

I was upset, my EP3R was gone and I was in need of a car to get me to and from the Submarine Base. After many long phonecalls to my dad and friends for advice I settled on an S2000, always liking them but never ever thinking that I'd ever be able to insure and run one. It was around this time I had about 8.5k stolen out of my bank so I had to wait months to actually collect and pay for my S2000 after leaving a deposit on it, anyway the day came, and this is how I picked it up...

2003 Nur Blue GT with around 68,000 miles on the clock, completely bone stock. Just how I wanted it.

I then decided I wanted the front end smoothing off, after I errr... May have bumped it into the back of a car, just three days after I bought it, I also had some free cash laying about so I fitted some 6TWO1 Coilovers to go with it, and thought lowering it as far as they would possibly go would be a great idea... I also had a BoltsBolts Auto Plate hider and a Super Street Catback fitted...

Then I went nuts, people hated it, I love it. Work Meister S1's 8.5J Rears, 8J Fronts, in Fluro Yellow..

I drove her round like this for a few months, until travelling back from Scotland, tunes on, Gears banging, 'TEC kicking, absolutely loving life, a spark plug came loose, went through the block, caused the coilpack to explode inside the head, taking pretty much absolutely everything with it, low compression, low oil pressure, you get the idea, this was the result...

And that was that for a few months while VTEC Direct rebuilt the lot. A stupid amount of money later this is where we stand now, its back, run in, and I'm once again enjoying the hell out of it, I've probably missed some bits but yeah...

I'll update once I get my JDM Rear Bumper and things fitted

Thanks for reading guys!
Old 04-15-2017, 12:40 PM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

What offsets are those wheels that 8/8.5 wheels stick out so far? And is that really as low as your coilovers go? Interesting.
Old 04-15-2017, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody
What offsets are those wheels that 8/8.5 wheels stick out so far? And is that really as low as your coilovers go? Interesting.
ET25 Rears and ET 32 Fronts if I remember correctly, I'll ask matey who owned them before...