Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

Track/Daily AP1 from Montreal, Qc

Old 01-10-2018, 09:19 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by willix231
descent build so far, when do you hope to get a rear wing? The front splitter alone must be causing high speed oversteer
Thanks buddy. I will be running a rear wing this summer. For last year, most of the tracks I ran didn`t have much in the way of high speed corners (more mid to low speed) so it wasn`t to bad for oversteer. Nonetheless I softened the rear suspension a bit which helped quite a bit. But ya you`re absolutely right about not having the rear as planted at high speeds.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Nfinitecc
Looks good thanks for documenting the splitter install, I'm about to do mine this week,only difference is I don't want to remove the plastic OEM tray just because I don't want the splitter attached to the bumper in any way and I don't want to sacrifice any OEM bumper mounting with my OEM lip. So, I figure I'll try and pass the splitter mounts through the OEM tray and install rivnuts into the brackets. I need to see what the load rating on rivnuts is I guess before applying so much downforce to them.
Thanks! My oem plastic tray had a few cracks in it, nothing major but still there wasn`t any point in keeping it anyway but I understand what you`re saying. Essentially the bottom of my bumper is not attached to anything and I didn`t want to attach it directly to the splitter either (although it would avoid air going between the splitter and bumper). I will be installing some sort of lip to the splitter directly though this year to avoid that air going in between the two. Also looking into cannards that fit with the AP1 bumper

Let me know how the rivnuts work out, would definitely make it easier for removal and installation of the splitter and harware.
Old 01-10-2018, 09:33 PM
Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Nice build! And great choice in parts. The nexen is a great tire, if you weren't aware. The original SUR 4 is the same exact compound as the rs3, it just has a stiffer sidewall which gives the car more feedback and better steering feel then the rs3 does. One thing I noticed was the lack of a rear bump steer kit. Is that in the works?
Old 01-11-2018, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by RogueMotorsports
Nice build! And great choice in parts. The nexen is a great tire, if you weren't aware. The original SUR 4 is the same exact compound as the rs3, it just has a stiffer sidewall which gives the car more feedback and better steering feel then the rs3 does. One thing I noticed was the lack of a rear bump steer kit. Is that in the works?
Yes I agree, I loved the SUR4 and looking forward to trying the new version this season. For the bump steer kit, I wanted to try without it first to see if it was necessary. I`ve been doing this for most of the modifications to learn more on the handling of the car and not buy parts I don`t need. In this case, for some of the tracks I was on, it may be useful so I will probably look into getting it.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice build!
The following users liked this post:
blackcomet (01-12-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 06:09 AM

Received 67 Likes on 48 Posts

Elle semble bien!
Old 02-11-2018, 07:25 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Looks great. A while ago we were exact twins!!
Old 02-16-2018, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by sirbikealot7
Looks great. A while ago we were exact twins!!

Thanks buddy, your build is look really good.
Old 02-16-2018, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by blueprint
Elle semble bien!
Merci!
Old 02-16-2018, 01:12 PM

Parts are slowly starting to come in as I get ready for next season. Finally getting around to doing the valve train, BC dual springs, titanium retainers and steel seats. There are obviously a couple options for this, especially with picking between dual or single springs and steel vs titanium retainers, etc. I went with this combo for the added security if you will of dual springs (even if it may rob the engine of a bit of power) and titanium retainers being slightly lighter even if it may wear a bit quicker then steel.