BMT - Boston Mountains Tour Covers some of the best winding and scenic roads that the Arkansas Boston Mountains range of Central and Northwest Arkansas has to offer with roads that challenge even the most experienced drivers.

BMT Fall 2012 Satuday 11/3/2012

Old 11-07-2012, 07:36 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks to Andy and everyone involved in putting this together. As usual, it was an amazingly fun tour.

Julie and Janet, great photos! Thanks for sacrificing some driving time to take them. I know that's difficult, as my photos have become second-rate and taken a backseat to enjoying the tour itself.

That said, a few photos turned out decent. There are plenty of other galleries of past BMTs for anyone who hasn't seen them as well.
http://landrethphotography.smugmug.c...-bmt-fall2012/
Old 11-08-2012, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sacrificing ??? No not really. Julie and I had lots of fun taking pics, which we both enjoy and the added thrill of trying to make it to another shooting spot before the rest of you arrived. I love tagging along with Julie, she knows the backroads and shortcuts of that area quite well. Julie is a great driver and knows how far to push the limits and we were fortunate to basically have no traffic and it was great .......fun, spirited, and a beautiful drive. In addition to that, we had the advantage of sitting with nature. Sure it was on the side of the road in a ditch or edge of the mountain with the ticks and other "things" while waiting for you guys but it was peaceful being in that Fall beauty. Spirited drive and Spirit lifting.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

Awe, thanks Janet! I agree... I don't see it as a sacrifice either. It was a fun adventure, trying to beat the groups to the next good photo spot and then looking for a good safe place to pull over while taking into account things like the backdrop, curvature of the road and positioning of the sun. It was kinda nice getting to enjoy some peaceful nature for a few minutes and then hearing off in the distance which got louder and louder until y'all zoomed by. Hopefully by the next BMT I'll be more familiar with the camera which will result in better photos and maybe even some video!
Old 11-08-2012, 04:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

After those two posts, you have me somewhat wanting to join you both in the spring. My camera has been neglected too much and I'm sure playing catchup to the next photo spot is quite fun.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks to all the BMT staff and coordinators that helped set up this year's fall BMT.

I HAD A BLAST. Enjoyed all the Arkansas roads, curves, straights, and scenery. My hat goes off to Orlando for his excellent leadership as a guide.
My thanks also goes to all the folks that took the great pictures........ I can't believe that my engine bay made it as a picture that trentor took, Thanks sir.

Will see you all again in the Spring. Shhhhhhhhhh,,,,, hinted to Cece that for next year it will be new wheels and exhaust system........(for Christmas and my B-day..maybe.!!.)

Thank you again Andy for a wonderful and safe event
Old 11-20-2012, 07:58 AM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by trentor
After those two posts, you have me somewhat wanting to join you both in the spring. My camera has been neglected too much and I'm sure playing catchup to the next photo spot is quite fun.
I kept thinking we could use another photographer or two for better coverage and you definitely got the skills!
Old 11-21-2012, 05:31 AM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

BMTers, Got any vids of Fall BMT'12 to post on this site? We sure would like to see them!

Jerome
NW Arkansas