BMT - Boston Mountains Tour Covers some of the best winding and scenic roads that the Arkansas Boston Mountains range of Central and Northwest Arkansas has to offer with roads that challenge even the most experienced drivers.

BMT Spring 2011 4/2/11

Old 04-04-2011, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shotgunjimmy
Originally Posted by SLracer' timestamp='1301880479' post='20426105
Pictures are up on www.arkrider.com by the way check em out!

I was glad to see I wasn't the only one over the double yellow at the top of mount Judea!
I know Bret was positioned on the outside of that corner, but he was far enough off of the road that there wasn't any need to move over to avoid him. That was 'mustard', right?
Over ten cars well over that double yellow! No incidents, thankfully. Lets just all do better next time (at least when there will be pics for evidence).

Anyway- I had a great time as usual. Thanks to everyone for helping make this a success once again. It's nice to know everyone enjoyed themselves and had fun. I have a few pics that won't upload right now so stay tuned or watch for them on facebook later this evening.

Andy- Thanks to you especially, and also Julie for helping you through all of this. I can only imagine the lost sleep, money, and time to put such a successful event together. Kudos to you, my friends.
Oh yeah... Andy- If you are still having trouble standing up; I know someone who is still willing to help.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:54 PM

Back from the dead...I wish I couldve made it this time around, I can't wait to attend the Fall BMT...with FREE tshirts, hoodies & bumper stickers in tow.

Glad it was a safe trip.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:55 AM

Andy, thanks for keeping this fantastic event alive. Your hard work and dedication are a gift to all of us who participate.

I want to give a shout out to David J, who hopefully is much more comfortable than he was on Friday. Those of us who have suffered a kidney stone, or two, felt your pain. You and Jing Jing missed an absolutely brilliant drive. One of the best, IMHO. Thanks to David Oheim for stepping up and filling in for David J.

Despite the amount of double-yellow transgressions at the top of Mount Judea, as far as I know, there were no incidents major or minor. Congratulations to everyone on that. Let's keep that streak going.

And a special thanks to Kevin for the wonderful picture of my Miata in front of the Best Western "Welcome Boston Mountain S2000 Tour" sign. I'm pretty sure Mpetus immediately suffered a migraine upon seeing it!

I'll see everyone in 6 months - which is too long of a wait, Dammit!
Old 04-05-2011, 09:16 AM

Branson Z Fest

This is another great event up in your area. I try to make these if time and money permits.
Although it is a Nissan event it is open to all. It is similar to the BMT event and a lot of fun. It goes from June 1 - 5th and has a lot of spirited cruises all week plus a lot of parking lot parties similar to the one we had Saturday. I will contact the orginizers and see how they would like to handle a bunch of S2000 and miata's showing up to add to the fun.

I will post up what they decide. Since I am picking up my S2000 in May, I would like to take it to this event rather then my Z32 (300ZX twin turbo).

Bobby Jay's 06 S2000
Old 04-05-2011, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by SimonRL
Simmon ...... like to invite you and your dad over from a meal and some cognac/cigars this weekend. The local Porsche group is having a Sunday drive on the 10th and you and your dad would be welcome.
Bluebonnet Run
Old 04-05-2011, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by daddyZ
Originally Posted by SimonRL' timestamp='1302015358' post='20431313
Simmon ...... like to invite you and your dad over from a meal and some cognac/cigars this weekend. The local Porsche group is having a Sunday drive on the 10th and you and your dad would be welcome.
Bluebonnet Run
Thanks, Bob. I'm tied up this weekend, but I'll definitely take a raincheck.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

Wow, it was great to see everyone! There were so many people to talk to and there was so much going on, I didn't get a chance to talk to everyone... sorry! Whoever ordered the weather, THANKS, it was perfect and of course thanks to Ch0pper for his efforts organizing this event and to Bret with ArkRider.com for . I also want to give special thanks to DirtyBird for volunteering to serve as sweep car for one of the groups.

Just posted in the gallery a few pix that I took. Check it out, there's some amazing pix (not mine).

Originally Posted by mpetus
Lets just all do better next time (at least when there will be pics for evidence).
Old 04-05-2011, 10:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Back home. (My BMTs last about six days.) Reran the morning route on Sunday, with nary a hiccup nor "Jingle Bells" screaming in my ear. Drove MY personal favorite, Hwy 374 (aka the Princess Grace Memorial Highway), downhill AND uphill (uphill is FUN!). Drove in shorts on Sunday, and long johns and ear muffs on Monday.

Now I have to put the S away and wait a couple of weeks till I forget about how AWEsome Arkansas roads are ... so I can enjoy North Texas roads again.

Once again, I learned more things I didn't know about my car and about driving skills. And I always come home from a drive with new paint and/or windshield chips, so no big whoop.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would like to extend a thank you to all of you who participated in this Spring's BMT. We had quite a few first timers and I hope the experience will keep you coming back to future BMT's!
I"m glad to hear so many positive notes about this event.
To all of you who offered thanks to myself and my co-organizers / tour guides, your most welcome! We continue to do this because we see, time and time again, how people love the S2000 Arkansas Boston Mountains Tour and we love it just like you all.
We had 36 registered cars!!
3 MX-5's (Simon/Ron/Jerry)
1 RX-8 (James)
1 NSX (John)
1 Corolla S (James)
2 Porsche's (Donnie / Bobby)
28 S2000's (Kyle/Dave/Matt/Tim/Tom/Bill/Ryan/Matt/Quinton/Donald/Jesse/Nick/David S/Kevin/Daniel/Skyler/Robert/Julie/Alan/Andy/Jerome/Ryan M/Andrey/Mike/Dan H/John/Kegan/Peter/ Jim)

David J and Jing Jing, You guys were truly missed and David I hope your feeling better!

Dave-heim haha (Oheim), Thank you for filling in as the lead car in David J's absence. You did an excellent job, and your group had a great time! Nice to meet Sara as well and thanks to her for her help, along with Becky at the Driver's registration.

Mike - (Dirtybird), Thank you for offering to be the sweep car for Dave's group. It is really appreciated! Excellent job as well!

Another thanks to my co-organizer's, tour guides, and helpers: Jerome (Jmoore2k), Julie (JulieU), Dave & Sara (oheim), Dirtybird (Mike), Matt&Becky (Mpetus), James (Shotgunjimmy), Simon & David (SimonRL), Kegan (Mini Ch0pper), Kyle (SLracer), and Peter (Pmptx)
You all continue to help me pull this off, thank you all again!

Thanks once again to Bret from www.Arkrider.com for great photo captures : All pics are available for purchase on his website. For those of you that do not know, he can do poster size photos too! Be sure to check out his site!
Yes Matt, I am one of those ten cars who is over the double yellow line atop Mt.Judea :shame: :doh:

Jerome, yes I do plan to have another Summer Fun Tour!

Until the Next Time. Drive with purpose and prepare to turn!

- Andy
Old 04-08-2011, 06:23 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pictures anyone?
http://www.tomautophotography.com/Ca...16522136_DAp2f

Quick Reply: BMT Spring 2011 4/2/11