California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Bay Area Dealerships Honoring TSB's?

Old 10-03-2003, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bay Area Dealerships Honoring TSB's?

Hello,
Does anyone know of a local Bay Area Honda dealership that will honor the Honda TSB's? I am experiencing some VERY frustrating problems with my transmission and these problems match the TSB's, verbatum. So far, both Capital Honda and Dublin Honda won't move on these.

HELP!!!

Check out this other thread regarding my issue:
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...74&goto=newpost

Thanks!
Old 10-03-2003, 11:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bring it to Menlo Honda!!!
Old 10-03-2003, 11:43 AM

I agree - Menlo Honda is the place to go - I just brought mine there this week for the spark plug TSB and they were great!
Old 10-03-2003, 12:18 PM

Most dealerships locally honor the TSB's so long as they can diagnose the issue. The level of service you get can really depend upon which place you have a working relationship with and the way you present it to them. For example, going in to a new dealership demanding TSB service right off the bat may yield you less service than if you were to go in playing ignorance and showing concern for the issues. Not saying that you did not , just for others' reference. That said though, Capitol used to take care of me ok, but now I go over to Hopkins in Sunnyvale for all convenience required services and they have been very forthcoming with service and generally with good attitude too. Heard great things about Menlo too. (also heard bad things about almost every dealer in the area, even ones I like, so really your mileage may vary) Just remember that they do have the right to refuse service to anyone so just dont start off on the wrong foot. Good luck!
Old 10-03-2003, 12:28 PM

yes, of course I'm going to go at this with some tact

I know these guys work hard and they have to filter out the BS'ers and scammers. So far, even the definite "no's" I've received, they have a (frustratingly) understandable answer. So, I'll walk into Menlo Honda with a smile and a curiousity as to why my car makes funny pinto noises

thanks for the advice wantone, sfgirl and yu888!!!
Old 10-03-2003, 12:36 PM

ok, i just read your other thread...hmmm, being the second owner may be the issue I guess. You may want to work it another way...it IS possible that you will want to consider seeing if another dealership (should they also refuse to perform tthe TSB) will bbe willing to get Honda to SHARE in the cost. I mean it was defintiely something that Honda had acknowledged as an issue so maybe they can replace the parts and you can cover some labor (or vice versa may be better since labor costs more than parts...) or split somehow?

Sorry, still racking myy brain for other ideas...
Old 10-06-2003, 03:45 PM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Being the second owner should not matter. If you bought the warrany from honda they should dtamd by it and not give you any bull.
Old 10-06-2003, 05:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

giving owners is what honda service is quite well known for im afraid.... I tried getting TSB's done when i first got my S as well, but 4 dealships later I just gave up..
Old 10-07-2003, 08:42 PM

I've heard good things about Menlo Honda.

In my personal experience I had all of my TSBs (including the 054 TSB) taken care of all in one day at Fremont Honda. They were awesome! Tech was very familiar with the S2000 and everyone there was very helpful. Like Yu888 was saying..if you present the problem to them in a very straightforward way and deal with them in a professional manner...you will be treated accordingly. Then again...that goes for any dealership regardless of the brand.

I had a great relationship with the Audi dealer I went to when I had my S4 and stuck to the same service advisor. He knew about all of my mods...including the 1 bar chip...but he kept that under wraps and still replaced my tranny under warranty (even though it would have failed without the mods). Its all about relationships... Keep in mind...its up to the dealer to make the call about TSBs...now they aren't the final word on the matter...but they definitely can bend Honda their way.