California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

which bay area honda dealer/service should i go to?

Old 03-28-2003, 03:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default which bay area honda dealer/service should i go to?

im having the prob with the vibration/buzzing sound while decelerating... and wanted to have it fixed... brought it to Capitol Honda, they jus told me that its the clutch, and it needs to be replaced, and its not under warranty...

but i saw a few threads where other dealerships elsewhere fixed this right away! do you guys know which one?
Old 03-28-2003, 04:27 PM
pll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Menlo Honda did the TSB on my car in less than a day.
Old 03-28-2003, 05:01 PM
Spammer

try Hopkins Honda in sunnyvale.
i have had my S serviced there many of times, they arent the typical test drive you car for 100 miles stealership
Old 03-28-2003, 05:04 PM

menlo, good and quick service
Old 03-29-2003, 02:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i went to mike harvey cause my friends work there as dealers but that was cool. the bad thing was that the service made a copy of my key cause they couldnt open the trunk. what kinda lame excuse is that when i give them the remote and the valet key.. i dont trust them. but i had to go to grace honda in san bruno and the guys there were really nice and they did the work fast... just FYI
Old 03-29-2003, 07:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The most commonly recommended bay area dealers for service are Menlo and Larry Hopkins. I have tried both of them, Fremont Honda, and Los Gatos Honda. My experiences are as follows:

Menlo - Brought it in for 2 yr service under severe schedule. They did the normal 2 yr service using the Civic/Odessey procedures. I showed them the service schedule in the owner's manual but the service manager still argued that some of the procedures in the manual were not necessary (e.g. differential oil change). I ended up paying more to have it done. They also mixed up my s2k with my friend's s2k. Evidently, some others reported to have good experience with them.

Larry Hopkins - Been there a few times. More organized than Menlo. Had good experience for my 2.5 yr service and minor services. However, some of their technicians couldn't troubleshoot, or they tend to downplay warranty problems. Brought my car in for rattle, hesitation, ringing noise on acceleration. They didn't fix any of them. Out of the 4 technicians and 10 miles of test drive, none of them could hear the rattles and ringing, even when I rode with them and showed them. I showed them the hestitation problem too, but somehow they "forgot" about it, so I am going to find another dealer to troubleshoot them.

Fremont Autowest - Service advisor was very helpful, they replaced my HID that burned out and even the dealer installed side strakes that came off. They replaced my sparkplugs. Did a great job too with HID alignment and strakes install. I may try them more but haven't heard anyone else mentioned them.

Los Gatos - Bought my car in 1.5 yrs ago for the TSB 54-55 & seatbelt recall. Nice things about them is that they give you a loaner. The transmission works fine until recently, when the gear grind and buzzing came back. I am going to take it back there to have the updated parts installed. The techician did forget to reset the SRS light and to plug the aux power connector back in though, but no big deal. Just hope they didn't forget anything in the transmission Heard others had good experiences with Sue there.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-31-2003, 11:12 AM

thanks for the info guys, I just brought in my car to SF Honda this morning for the 2 TSBs re: clutch, 2nd gear... they said it should be fixed by today... hopefully everything goes smoothly...
Old 03-31-2003, 01:54 PM

Honda of steven creek great services for me.Capital i would never bring my car there.
Old 03-31-2003, 05:21 PM

Honda of Oakland has done alright by me thus far, though I'm not a devotee of theirs at all. They only allow one tech, the foreman, to wrench on S2000's, so that's a plus. He seems to know his stuff, but that's balanced out by my mistrust of the bunghole service writers. And I'm not too cool with finding cigarette lighters, grease, and garbage in my car when the work is done either.

Great thread beanolo. I'll refer back to it the next time I have to take my car in. I'll be doing alot of the service myself from here on in, though, and will take it to a trusted mechanic for stuff I can't handle myself unless some other S2K owners convince me of a Bay Area dealership that isn't crooked.
Old 03-31-2003, 08:47 PM

i do everything myself anyways (aside from the tsb recall), and my friend helps me out too... much safer that way. Find a way to DIY, that's best...

Quick Reply: which bay area honda dealer/service should i go to?