California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Bay Area S2000 feature for Youtube

Old 01-21-2016, 10:02 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Bay Area S2000 feature for Youtube

Update: Please see post #26

Hi all,

My name is Fenton and I'm an up-and-coming Youtuber who reviews all sorts of enthusiast-owned cars. I'm looking for AP1/CR or modified AP2 owners in the Bay Area who would like to be featured on my Youtube channel. If you're familiar with Matt Farah and his One Take series, my videos are similar in content and purpose. I start with a walkaround of the car, an introduction by the owner, and then a short run through the canyons.

Some background on me. I've been into cars all my life but didn't own my first "fun" car until graduating college. Since then, I've been in and out of all kinds of cars including a 1999 Civic Si, 2004 S2000, and most recently my 1991 NSX. If you're a track/autocross junkie, don't be surprised to see me at Laguna Seca or Sonoma on any given weekend with my NSX. I have probably already met some of you at the track last year.

Here are a few examples of my videos:

1992 Acura NSX

1988 Toyota MR2 (Twincharged)

1995 Toyota Supra

I've reviewed a stock 2005 AP2 before, so I'm now looking specifically for a modified AP2, or any AP1/CR. By "modified" I mean functional mods, not just cosmetic. If you're close to San Jose and don't mind saying a few words on camera, let me know! I'm planning to make future videos a bit more "cinematic" with various camera angles. If you're interested you can shoot me a PM or email me at fentonsun@gmail.com

Thanks!
Old 01-22-2016, 07:59 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

scanned through the mr2 and NSX vids, not bad. good luck w/the rest of them. will be nice to get some insight on a local s2k or two.

on a sidenote, too bad the mr2 had fuel cut issues. the twincharged ones are rare, for sure. they take some care to get them right, and mr2s aren't the easiest cars, in general. few friends were into them, incl Ron from Motorsport Techniques. had the opportunity to witness the halo twincharged mr2 on many occasions that your subject mentioned. was the HKS prototype car and owned by Gerald St Augustin of Cyber Racing in SoCal. used to terrorize the streets and tracks w/it. plate was "TWNCHRG."
Old 01-22-2016, 08:37 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 370whp ap2 available
Old 01-22-2016, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Trustd_1
scanned through the mr2 and NSX vids, not bad. good luck w/the rest of them. will be nice to get some insight on a local s2k or two.

on a sidenote, too bad the mr2 had fuel cut issues. the twincharged ones are rare, for sure. they take some care to get them right, and mr2s aren't the easiest cars, in general. few friends were into them, incl Ron from Motorsport Techniques. had the opportunity to witness the halo twincharged mr2 on many occasions that your subject mentioned. was the HKS prototype car and owned by Gerald St Augustin of Cyber Racing in SoCal. used to terrorize the streets and tracks w/it. plate was "TWNCHRG."
Thanks! Yeah the MR2 fuel cut issue was annoying, but I can tell the setup is very temperamental to begin with. Having both types of forced induction can't be easy to setup. That said, when everything is working right the car is murderously quick. Felt a bit unstable and difficult to drive quickly.

Originally Posted by killerbee_vr6
I have a 370whp ap2 available
That sounds like a ton of fun. Since I've gotten so many offers via PM and email, I'm considering doing a series of videos:

Stock AP1 vs AP2
Tuned NA AP1 vs AP2
Turbo vs Supercharged
Etc, open to ideas

In each video I can drive two cars back-to-back and share my impressions, and get some cinematic rolling shots in there as well. After I get some more offers I will probably select one car to represent each of the above categories and schedule some time to film two cars back-to-back. So far I have two offers for Tuned NA AP1, one stock AP1, and one Turbo AP2. Looking to get a stock AP2 and supercharged AP1/2 into the mix.
Old 01-22-2016, 12:12 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Zygrene
Originally Posted by Trustd_1' timestamp='1453481941' post='23860120

Thanks! Yeah the MR2 fuel cut issue was annoying, but I can tell the setup is very temperamental to begin with. Having both types of forced induction can't be easy to setup. That said, when everything is working right the car is murderously quick. Felt a bit unstable and difficult to drive quickly.
twincharging is a novel concept and would be great if anyone could get a setup to work properly/seamlessly. it's a bit much to expect an aftermarket kit, especially what was essentially one of, if not, the first accessible systems to be without quirks. even major car manufacturers haven't been able to get twincharging right, most recently, VW.

ultimately, the whole thing, including that mr2 you featured, is as the owner described, a project car. you have to really be in love to spend the time and $$$ to undertake a car like that. it's like the hardcore Mazda rotary guys. there are better and cheaper ways to have fun and go fast, but props to people that don't take the common or easy paths. those are true enthusiasts.
Old 01-22-2016, 12:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is not too special (AP1) but im down to be a background filler if needed LOL, always down for a meet
Old 01-22-2016, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by M-Type
My car is not too special but im down to be a background filler if needed LOL, always down for a meet
Everyone is welcome to be background filler lol. Details on your car?
Old 01-24-2016, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by M-Type' timestamp='1453498893' post='23860392
My car is not too special but im down to be a background filler if needed LOL, always down for a meet
My02 gpw all red. Stock lol w wheels
Old 01-25-2016, 12:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by M-Type' timestamp='1453498893' post='23860392
Can I be a background extra too???
Old 01-25-2016, 08:28 AM

I've decided which two cars will be featured in the comparison video, but all background extras are welcome as long as you're in an S2000. Even better if you can bring high quality cameras/GoPros to film with.

If you're interested please PM me and I will send out a day/time/location later. Aiming for a weekend in mid-February.

Quick Reply: Bay Area S2000 feature for Youtube