California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Bay Area S2000 feature for Youtube

Old 02-05-2016, 10:03 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Cool videos - really enjoyed them! Always impressed with all the background preparation needed to do a video.

There's a really cool video that's pretty famous on Youtube for the NSX by Format67 but it's a bit different from what you guys are doing.
Old 02-05-2016, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zygrene
Originally Posted by droptopf22' timestamp='1454691249' post='23872361
I have an ls1 lsk
That's the 5.7L GM F-Body motor, right? You should definitely bring it to the shoot. Would love to hear your story and get a test drive of the car.

Old 02-05-2016, 10:59 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dwb993
Potentially Epic!
Yup!

Originally Posted by s4play
Cool videos - really enjoyed them! Always impressed with all the background preparation needed to do a video.

There's a really cool video that's pretty famous on Youtube for the NSX by Format67 but it's a bit different from what you guys are doing.
Thanks! Yeah I've seen that NSX video. I don't have the resources or experience required to produce something at that level, but my goal is different anyway. I want to combine scenic shots, personal interviews, and "review" style footage to make a video that's both entertaining and informative. Even though I love it, the Format67 video is pure emotion with no actual information.

Originally Posted by droptopf22
Originally Posted by Zygrene' timestamp='1454691754' post='23872376
[quote name='droptopf22' timestamp='1454691249' post='23872361']
I have an ls1 lsk
That's the 5.7L GM F-Body motor, right? You should definitely bring it to the shoot. Would love to hear your story and get a test drive of the car.

[/quote]

Legit!
Old 02-06-2016, 07:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zygrene
Okay, I've locked down a modified AP1 and AP2 to be featured. Here are the details for the shoot:

Date: Sunday, Feb. 21 @ 8am

Any others who want to show up (only with an S2000), send me an email (fentonsun@gmail.com) by Feb 19 latest so I know how many are coming. If you already sent me a email please send it again for confirmation.

If you have a GoPro, DSLR, other HD video camera, gimbal, tripod, etc. PLEASE bring it. I will collect footage from everyone on my laptop and select the best shots when editing the final video. I only have access to 2-3 GoPros so the more cameras/equipment the better.

Looking forward to this!
8am on a weekend

I really wanted to be a background extra but dont know if I could make it there by 8am haha. I work graveyard shift. guess I'll just have to watch the video once its uploaded instead
Old 02-08-2016, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Dman8
Originally Posted by Zygrene' timestamp='1454572981' post='23871073
Okay, I've locked down a modified AP1 and AP2 to be featured. Here are the details for the shoot:

Date: Sunday, Feb. 21 @ 8am

Any others who want to show up (only with an S2000), send me an email (fentonsun@gmail.com) by Feb 19 latest so I know how many are coming. If you already sent me a email please send it again for confirmation.

If you have a GoPro, DSLR, other HD video camera, gimbal, tripod, etc. PLEASE bring it. I will collect footage from everyone on my laptop and select the best shots when editing the final video. I only have access to 2-3 GoPros so the more cameras/equipment the better.

Looking forward to this!
8am on a weekend

I really wanted to be a background extra but dont know if I could make it there by 8am haha. I work graveyard shift. guess I'll just have to watch the video once its uploaded instead
Don't sweat it if you can't make it. It has to be early in the morning to avoid traffic, unfortunately. There is a scenic parking lot I have in mind so I want to get a row of S2000's lined up with the San Jose cityscape in the background.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:32 PM

Alright guys, location will be Sierra Vista Open Space Preserve Parking Lot. It's a small parking lot up in the hills east of San Jose. You'll reach it by driving east on Sierra Rd on the east side of 680. If you've watched any of my test drive videos, you'll recognize it.

Meeting time will be 8am sharp on Sunday, Feb. 21
so we can grab a row of parking spots (free) for the non-moving shots and interviews. I was just up there today at 9:30am (albeit Valentine's Day) and the lot was completely packed, so PLEASE show up on time. A row of S2000's overlooking the Bay will be epic, so we'll need to snag those parking spots early!

Interviews:
Once everyone is there, I will get a few shots in and then all of the interviews done. If you're bringing a DSLR/tripod, this is when I'll need your help the most. I'm planning to get multiple cameras positioned for the interviews and I only own one! I'll be giving the interviewees a small lav mic that clips onto a shirt collar and hooks up to my phone.

Here are the questions I've planned so far:
1) What's the one thing you love the most about the S2000 in general?
2) How long have you owned your S2000 and why did you choose it?
3) What mods have you done to your S2000 and for what purpose (daily driven, canyon carver, track car)?
4) Any particularly memorable experiences with your car?

AP1 vs AP2 review:
After the interviews I will take turns driving the modified AP1 and AP2 down the road and back up to the parking lot. During this part I'll have 1 other camera car follow me to get some extra camera angles. Meanwhile the rest of you can socialize, chill, take photos, guard my NSX, etc. Might want to bring lawn chairs. This section will take under 1 hour.

Rolling shots:
This will be the last section of filming. We'll get all the S2000's rolling on the street at low/mid speed with GoPros and get some drive-by shots as well. We can experiment here to get some unique shots.

To get a general idea of how I'm envisioning the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjcM1lirihk

Overall I'd estimate that we'll be done around noon at the earliest. Of course, if you have to take off early it's not a problem. Just contribute wherever you can and that'll be awesome.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:57 AM
Community Organizer

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

This is going to be awesome. Thank you for setting this up.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:01 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Can you post up the date?
Old 02-15-2016, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by TougeHorseman
Can you post up the date?
Good catch, I just updated previous post with the date.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:19 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Is there a parking fee?

Quick Reply: Bay Area S2000 feature for Youtube