California - Bay Area S2000 Owners California Bay Area S2000 Owners Group

Big thanks to everyone

Old 08-15-2006, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big thanks to everyone

Sorry for the late response. First and foremost I want to thank Don & Brian for the great event on Sunday.

Now for those who wondered... I was car No. 2 in the fast group along the drive en route HWY 25. I must say the ride up 'til the crash was a blast. We cut those tight corners pretty fast and stucked on them like go-karts. (Ask S4play). Then suddenly came the dreadful turn where my car started drifting. (Ironically it was one of the easier turns midway through the countryside.) I'm still not sure whether it was a crack on the asphalt or debris near the right shoulder that caused my rear right tire to slip. But the next thing I knew my car veered sideways, and even with the counter steered it was too late and I married the fence, then the sand ditch.

Needless to say I'm very grateful to be uninjured and want to thank all of you who stopped to help. I honestly don't how many moons it would have took for me to escape that ditch if you guys weren't there to push me out.

Again I apologize for spoiling the drive but at least we call came back unscathered and resumed the party, and hope that this be a lesson learned for everyone to be more cautious on your next drives.

There has been accusations that I was driving over the limit before the crash. And I just want to clarify that even though I'm not exactly proud of driving the speed that resulted in the crash, I don't feel that I did anything more outlandish than what everyone else did. We were the fast group and we ALL hit those corners at high speed simultaneously, which we all put ourselves at risk as a group, and not just me individually.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:21 PM

Glad your ok, But the reason for your crash was probably mid corner braking not really the speed you were going at. I would reccomend autoX or track days with instructers so you can learn how to take corners.

And what is the update on your car? and Insurance? If its totaled I know Randy wants to buy it
Old 08-15-2006, 01:30 PM

I didn't hit the brakes. My guess was that the right rear tire lost traction. I plan on donating the car to Randy, since the man is poor and needs a car. Nah actually I got an estimate and surprisingly it won't cost that much to restore it. (Sorry don't mean to disappoint you Randy).
Old 08-15-2006, 01:42 PM

glad you were ok D.... haha just like you karting for the first time, you were taking turns like crazy and almost hit me. hows your rear tire? are they bald? coz thats what happened to me when i kissed the wall... lost traction while raining ahahaha

yeah keep in mind brake only when front tire is straight, and when car starts drifting, do not counter steer, just let go of the wheel while tapping on gas a little for more traction.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:49 PM

Yeah I think he mentioned that the tires were bald after the incident
Old 08-15-2006, 02:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Accident on Sunday?
Old 08-15-2006, 02:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

all that matters, is that you're ok.

were just glad to have a good car club like this. also big to rich's brother and jae.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:29 PM

either way you are ok.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:38 PM

all well D, best thing is you have insurance and you didnt get hurt.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:59 PM

whoa.. glad you are ok!

Quick Reply: Big thanks to everyone